KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament

Draft Round 2: Batdude123 and TheKahn's Holiday Herald Tournament
Started by: TheKahn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm no expert on Zatarra but is she really an appropriate pick for this kind of thing? Seems like I remember some people giving her the win over guys like Thanos and Dr. Strange. In fact now it seems like batdude shot her down as a pick during his last "Under Thanos" tourney.

I mean don't get me wrong because I'm not all that familiar with her so she may very well be a suitable pick, I just figured it was worth checking on.

1. She prefers to be called by 1st name.
2. In Thanos thread only hardcore Thanos haters argue that Zee can win more than one round out of 10. The only way the rate can be boosted is via giving Zee the onesided prep.
3. She's probably the top pick as mage in the tourney... though I admit, getting Classic Strange banned made me rethink some draft plans. And Batdude OK'd Zee personally... mostly due to the thing that she prefers single way of casting- logomancy... potent, yes... hard to negate- no, if you know how.

She's also rated top of mid herald tier (prolly high herald) as per debates in the tier thread. And Batdude's tourney was largely a inbetweneer between hearsay and scans. Otherwise I can't imagine banning Zee AND allowing Black Alice.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:56 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Originally posted by King Kandy
Now that you think about it it seems like every versus thread she's in, people are like "she'll just say 'eid' and win". Pretty much no matter the opponent.

Which is stupid, if you think about itsmile And people say all sorts of things in those... In fact, there's no way she's more powerful that Dr Strange or Dr Fate...that's where things start getting banned.
A lot of her high end feats are Vertigo=dubious canonicity.

But if the directors of the tourney are against Zee, we'll happily replace her with someone else. But considering OHK is banned anyways, and based on her strictly canon feats... she's OK, creme de la creme pick but OK.

I'll happily draft another person instead of Zee IF there's concrete proof her average showings are more than high herald level. Not what random people say in random threads...
Word of tourney directors work as well. I'm not going to throw a bitchfest.

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Last edited by Charlotte DeBel on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 09:05 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:57 AM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Confirmed Teams and Drafted Characters

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell, Quasar

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL), Superman

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman, Loki

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:55 AM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Zatanna says something backwards and it happens. She's like the Doctor, but with a more stupid plot device through which to channel her powers. The potential is there for beyond herald, unless there's actual limits on what she can pronounce into being. I see no problems with anyone else on the list.

Goober, I'm surprised you didn't talk Blair into your He-Man/Skeletor idea. That would've be comedy.

Last edited by Digi on Dec 22nd, 2009 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:18 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Seriously, she has temporarily taken star breaker down. Her fight with Amazo can give you the intention that she has no limits

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:19 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Any other comments on Zatarra?
Is there anything she can do that Surfer or a GL can't? confused

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:49 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by TheKahn
Any other comments on Zatarra?
Is there anything she can do that Surfer or a GL can't? confused

Anything she can say backwards that GL or Surfer can't do...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:58 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

I for one have no qualms with Zatarra.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 08:58 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

While i trust Charlotte and Psycho not to abuse Zatanna's powerset, the potential for such a powerful character with the mindset of a debator isn't exactly a nice thought, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:00 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by King Kandy
Anything she can say backwards that GL or Surfer can't do...
i'd like to see her evolve a planet's entire populace a billion years into their genetic potential.

food for though, the human race has been around for about 2 million give or take, and things only started happening around 30,000 years ago. erm

Originally posted by -Pr-
While i trust Charlotte and Psycho not to abuse Zatanna's powerset,
i never abuse women

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:03 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Come one, if we ban Zatarra might well banned any and all energy/matter manipulators who can accomplish the same feat with a stray thought.

Team Psycho/Charlotte will not produce a claim that has not been shown on panel. And no simply wording her comments backwards, will not produce a spell.

Ex. Gib Gnab Tsalb, will not all of sudden produce Big Bang Blast.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:08 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm back bitches.

Me and KM are teaming up [SPOILER - highlight to read]: No offense to Jake, but our current draft would not work well/I heard you're going with Rage and we're drafting the following:

Captain Comet: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Captain_Comet
Nate Grey: http://marvel.wikia.com/Nathan_Grey_(Earth-295)

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:10 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by psycho gundam
i'd like to see her evolve a planet's entire populace a billion years into their genetic potential.

food for though, the human race has been around for about 2 million give or take, and things only started happening around 30,000 years ago. erm

i never abuse women

i noticed you didn't include the word "yet" in your statement.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:12 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

superman will do it before her

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 09:17 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Digi
Zatanna says something backwards and it happens. She's like the Doctor, but with a more stupid plot device through which to channel her powers. The potential is there for beyond herald, unless there's actual limits on what she can pronounce into being. I see no problems with anyone else on the list.

Goober, I'm surprised you didn't talk Blair into your He-Man/Skeletor idea. That would've be comedy.

I thought about it for a minute, but the High Herald cap on this thing wouldn't have allowed for it wink .

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2009 11:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Confirmed Teams and Drafted Characters

Team psycho charlotte - Kyle Rayner (GL), Zatanna

Team darthgoober & Blair Wind - Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom

Team Omega Vision & JL King - Wally West (Flash), All Star Superman

Team JaketheBank - Thor, Cyborg Superman

Team: id369 and King Kandy - Genis-Vell, Quasar

Team Philosophia and PR - Hal Jordan (GL), Superman

Team Leonidas & Galen007 - Blue Superman, Loki

Team Kris Blaze & KM - Captain Comet, Nate Grey

With 8 teams we can move on to third round of the draft. The time for it will be announced as soon as possible as will an answer to the question of Zatanna.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 12:17 AM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

Third Round of the draft will be held tonight at 9pm EST (so that everyone can have the time around christmas off).

Also, we've decide to allow Zatanna so long as she follows the rules applicable to everyone else. And as with other characters/teams, we'll be on the lookout for anything that seems to violate the letter or spirit of the rules. no expression

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2009 01:10 AM