KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Rank these guys by lifting strength

Rank these guys by lifting strength
Started by: Facee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Abhi, confirm?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 01:50 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
Abhi, confirm?
If you're talking about my post, it doesn't need confirmation from him. It was the entire point of Johns' Infinite Crisis, it undid the knot/reboot in the timestream in 1985.
Right after that, the original Legion showed up in Superman, also written by Johns, and he mentioned not having seen them since the Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Batman stories, Nightwing stories, Justice League, pretty much all of the titles then began referencing stories from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Even most people's origins were reset back to their original origin rather than their post-Crisis introductions. In many cases, DC even re-released their original origin issue.
And those references even have started happening again since Rebirth, now that the malleable universe that Metron mentioned in John's Justice League heading into the Darkseid War has been reset to the Pre-52 state with minor alterations.
In one of the Rebirth issues, just for example, they recalled the Rainbow Batman story from 1957.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:14 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson
Abhi, confirm?

Yeah it is. But I'm not comfortable with using pre crisis stories.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:34 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

They took elements of pre-crisis and mixed them in. New 52 took some away. Current Superman did associate with the Legion as a teen, but his youth was different from pre- crisis Superboy. So current Superman is basically a different character.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:03 AM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by abhilegend

Hmmm, interesting.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:15 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by TheHulkster
They took elements of pre-crisis and mixed them in. New 52 took some away. Current Superman did associate with the Legion as a teen, but his youth was different from pre- crisis Superboy. So current Superman is basically a different character.

Every story with the Legion was canonized by Lightning saga and Legion of three worlds.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 05:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yea, it’s all canon, it’s a matter that I don’t consider feats from 50 years to be accurate even if canon. I always thought it was retarded when people do it for Hulk and Thor as well.

But my point remains. That’s all one character.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 10:44 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Hulk doesn’t have to be infinite to press Earth weight.

(please log in to view the image)

He just has to overpower.....six tons?

Not sure why you think that's a feat....

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:02 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

I'm going to agree with darksaint and pick a DC guy just because.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:15 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up. Hulksters scan actually proves my point.

Inferior equipment means that just because something is incalculable, doesn't mean it's infinite.

Just means your tech isn't as great as you thought it was.

Case in point, trying to use a six ton press to determine the Hulks strength. Of course it's going to fail.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

man. I'm so involved in this. I really need to defend superman on this.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 11:23 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He just has to overpower.....six tons?

Not sure why you think that's a feat....

So Samson determines that Hulk has no limit based on 6 tons? Clearly that's the weight of the machine as opposed to the hydrological force.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:00 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Clearly? Based on what, your desire for it to be more?

What's the limit of that machine, then? And the point still stands.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:03 PM
TheHulkster

thumb up. Hulksters scan actually proves my point.

Inferior equipment means that just because something is incalculable, doesn't mean it's infinite.

Just means your tech isn't as great as you thought it was.

Case in point, trying to use a six ton press to determine the Hulks strength. Of course it's going to fail.

What is your bases for declaring Thinker's machine inferior? 70s comics were less sophisticated and didn't go through efforts to be scientifically precise despite the same intentions. The press weighs 6 tons but that has nothing to do with the hydraulic pressure.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:16 PM
TheHulkster

Clearly? Based on what, your desire for it to be more?

What's the limit of that machine, then? And the point still stands.

You're basing the inferiority of the machines based on your desire for them to be. If it was about the incapability of the machines, they would state that he is beyond the machine's capability to measure. That is not what Thinker says. He is using numeric equations to calculate strength and determines Hulk to be incalculable. Those numbers have nothing to do with the machine's capabilities.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 02:22 PM
carver9

So Samson determines that Hulk has no limit based on 6 tons? Clearly that's the weight of the machine as opposed to the hydrological force.

Basically. I'm sure the machine Superman was benching earth weights on didn't weigh anywhere close to the weight of Earth.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 03:01 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by carver9
Basically. I'm sure the machine Superman was benching earth weights on didn't weigh anywhere close to the weight of Earth.
So one scientist say superman is benching the earths weight on a small machine and certain people drool at the mouth while another scientist says hulk while under a 6 ton press strength has no limit, but certain people try and dismiss hulks feat to shield superman??? Supermans feat was given numbers while hulks was given........ Well.... No limit....Hulk is stronger by feats.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:32 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by carver9

So basically screw the intentions of the writer? He doesn't have any artistic license to what he wants to show.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:43 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Somehow Hulk struggling with 6 tons weight is more impressive than Superman benching entire Earth's weight because "Hulk's strength was not given any number".

Guess what, neither was Superman.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-XSDNzaCB-...s1600/p13_1.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-o2qmwTap-...s1600/p13_2.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1cm1bEn8E...s1600/p13_3.jpg

The only reason he even strained was because he was weakened after five days away from sun and this was lower level stuff for him.

So Hulk strains at 6 tons. Superman strains at 6 sextillion tons while weakened.

Somehow that makes Superman weaker because Samson said so.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:44 PM
h1a8

You're basing the inferiority of the machines based on your desire for them to be. If it was about the incapability of the machines, they would state that he is beyond the machine's capability to measure. That is not what Thinker says. He is using numeric equations to calculate strength and determines Hulk to be incalculable. Those numbers have nothing to do with the machine's capabilities.

Then what does "incalculable" mean if it has nothing to do the instruments capabilities?

Does it mean "infinite"?

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 16th, 2017 04:45 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote