KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Willobeth

Willobeth
Started by: potcfan2003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
potcfan2003

Wanna go throw rocks at the Sparrabethers? devil

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 07:47 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Erm... do they not out number us....

It would go...
us:
them:
us:
them:
us:
them:
us:
them:

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 08:10 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

That's right! Better remember it! stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 09:19 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I'm a Sparrabether all the way but please don't throw rocks at me big grin Other than the fact that we out number you guys I must say:

I come in peace! I don't love Willabeth but I don't dislike it either.
It was acceptable for me in COTBP. It was sweet and original...a bit too "Disney" but still sweet.

I liked it in SOME parts of AWE. Everyone LOVED them in AWE but I didn't. I'm sorry...it just seemed like there wasn't anything else to explore in the relationship and they had milk it dry.

Ok sorry! this is a WE thread so lets see...the part in the cave in COTBP was super cool! When Lizzie saves him and then they talk right before they go back to the Dauntless.

I liked the part on the sand bar in AWE where Will compliments her "Maybe he does know what he's doing."

The kiss on the beach was sweet.

Can I ask something? I don't mean this in a mean way! I just really want to know! It'll help me understand, accept and like WE a lot more.

Don't Will and Elizabeth have issues in the begining of AWE? Even after they save Jack and Will finds out the truth they still can't trust eachother. Will doesn't tell Liz about the plan and Liz basically tells him he can't trust her.

So how is it that they suddenly put all of that aside? I understand...I understand that their love was so strong that they put all their issues aside and decided to get married. They wanted to be together forever.

But I just think...wouldn't it have been great if there was a conversation or moment where they had a "turning point". A point where they resolved their peoblems with a gesture or words or an action? where they decided they were wrong about eachother.

Maybe there is such a moment but I haven't payed attention. So this is my question. What's the turning point in the relationship? I don't mean the wedding either! I mean the moment where they decide everything is ok. Was it the moment in the sand bar? When they were apart? Was it off screen?

sorry for the long post but can anyone tell me? Because frankly it wouldn't have worked if they still HAVE those issues.

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 09:58 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

That's a good question.I didn't see either that they solved their problems,but maybe I am wrong.Not wise thing starting a marriage this way.Din't get me wrong I don't say it because I'm a Sparrabether,but believe me sweeping problems under the carpet doesn't help.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 04:06 PM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs Fish

I have just seen the movie again, but I can't say I found any answer to your question...
Maybe Will thought to himself when he was having tea with Beckett, that their problems just wasn't worth it...
And when they met on the sand bar, and found out Jack's "betrayal", they just decided to forget it all, now that they finally could be together...
Remember: Love conquers all!!!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 10:58 PM
Mrs Fish is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs Fish a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs Fish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Well, Will is a bit concerned about trusting Elizabeth, but he's obviously never stopped loving her. Even when angry at her, he reaches out to her to comfort her, he's the one who pulls her back when she sees her father, he's the one to hold her when she realizes the enormity of her loss, he's the one to ask if anything can be done to bring Swann back....no matter what Elizabeth does, Will still loves her, even if he's not sure if he can trust her.

Remember how he spoke about her to Jack? "I'm losing her Jack. Every step I take for my father is a step away from Elizabeth." That doesn't sound like a man who is doubting his love for the woman he's engaged to. He's terrified of losing her for forever.

Elizabeth is struggling with her definition of Will as well. She had felt that perhaps she was unworthy of Will, and suddenly she realizes Will has some piratical qualities of his own. wink This shakes her up and makes her mad at the same time, especially since Will was angry at her for not being honest, and here he's being dishonest too!

Her change of heart comes about on the Dutchman. She looks for his dad and she talks to him, and suddenly she understands Will's desperation to save his father, and she's horrified by the choice Will has to make; kill Jones, become captain and lose her, or stay with her and lose his father to the Dutchman.

NOW she understands Will's struggle, and it hurts her, and I think the realization that she could truly lose Will maybe for forever really shakes her.

When they are separated (this time by choice instead of by circumstances), they finally are struck with that fear of losing each other for eternity, and suddenly their little problems aren't important compared to how they'd feel if the other one was gone. Does that make sense?

By the time they are reunited, they know that what they want is each other, and that no matter what's happened in the past, they WANT to be with each other.

Also, there is a scene that didn't seem to make it into the film where Will and Elizabeth have a small talk about what's happened between them...but in the end, it's not really necessary, because they've learned their lessons.

I enjoyed W/E's romance more than I have most others, simply because it ISN'T your typical romantic couple where they have to have long discussions to make things right, things are NEVER easy for them, and it's rarely because of what the other one has done. I like that they are relaxed with each other, the unconscious way they seem to touch each other, the way they work together, the way they are always thinking of each other, even when they're mad at the other person....

And AWE just really made them grow so much. big grin

~Banner made by JES, avatar made by Veronica_Rich. Thanks, girls!!~

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 02:59 AM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

That really makes sense to me! Thank you!

I really do feel -and have felt all along- that Will -though struggling with trusting Elizabeth- has always been able to put them aside...he's very strong like that. He knows despite everything that he can trust Elizabeth when he needs her.

Now that you pointed it out...I do feel that the scene on the FD helped Elizabeth understand Will's struggle and accept the reason to why it's been so hard for him.

I love this conversation. Liz: I've been on the Flying Dutchman the cause you're fighting for is lost. (something like that big grin)

Will: No cause is lost until there's a fool to fight for it.

Then he looks at Jack and Elizabeth registers this and realizes they have a plan. This shows the connection between not only the two of them but how great they are as a trio!!

Also (although I am and will JE) I must point out that my fave things about WE is that they don't need to talk in order to communicate. They solved their issues with their actions. Also in DMC Elizabeth knew exactly what Will wanted to do with the barrels (on the Pearl in the battle scene) all he had to say was "Whatever you do don't miss!" and she totally understood.

Also again I have to point out what a great trio they are because Jack realized the plan -although it was more obviouse at that point- too, the barrels were the first thing he noticed when he came back.

I love how WE work together. In Singapore? Elizabeth and Will did very nicely together in that battle scene and ofcourse in the battle during their wedding they were a nice team.

Freedom...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 12:38 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

ahh.. i din't bother readin' all that, too tired and lazy. stick out tongue

anyway, i'm here to say i like willabeth as much as i like norribeth, but i can't stop ranking them though i'm neutral.

but you gotta admit, that Willabeth was way hot in AWE....

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 01:04 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miss_swann
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I read your message tee all of it! And I think that they the "wedding battle" was so cool!!! The way they were like spin out, kill, spin back speak, spin out, kill, spin back, speak...

I like the part where Elizabeth falls against Will and he pushes her and she kills someone!

I can't make sigs, Silent Dreams can.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 04:24 PM
miss_swann is currently offline Click here to Send miss_swann a Private Message Find more posts by miss_swann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

OF COURSE THE WEDDING WAS SO COOL! that was one of the best scenes in there!!!!!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 09:25 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JacksSweet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ditte3
That's a good question.I didn't see either that they solved their problems,but maybe I am wrong.Not wise thing starting a marriage this way.Din't get me wrong I don't say it because I'm a Sparrabether,but believe me sweeping problems under the carpet doesn't help.

completely agree with you Ditte, that´s what i´m thinking as well!!!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 11:20 AM
JacksSweet is currently offline Click here to Send JacksSweet a Private Message Find more posts by JacksSweet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surreal_44

Aye, but they didn't sweep the problems under the carpet. They worked through their problems in their own way. I think their marriage is starting off just fine, with the exception that Will has to ferry souls for ten years. big grin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 01:26 PM
Surreal_44 is currently offline Click here to Send Surreal_44 a Private Message Find more posts by Surreal_44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I think they actually worked out something in themselves. They have this connection, like, some things are understood and do not need to be said.

that's why they were great with each other...

aye surreal, except for that... happy

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 01:37 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

THey are a couple!JM

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 02:51 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

true!

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 01:30 PM
Surreal_44

Thinking about Elizabeth and Bootstrap's scene, and then when she meets up with Will on the sandbar for Parley...I sort of got the impression that when the first words to Will were about how the cause is lost for his father, that she was really, really, really trying to almost manipulate the situation so that Will would choose to not stab the heart.

It's early morning so this may not make sense. What do you all think? I just thought it was a weird statement to say right off the bat, and I think it shows she does not want to lose Will. smile

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 03:24 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by Jaeh_JediPirate
OF COURSE THE WEDDING WAS SO COOL! that was one of the best scenes in there!!!!!

i wish i could say the same thing...that's part of the reason I've only seen it once.....just thought it was just so.........i will keep my comments to myself..this is the Will-O-beth thread....

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:14 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by Ditte3

I agree.....I just thought the relationship of Will and liz was rushed in aWE just like the entire story line....I think they should not have tried to film two and three together...they should have taken a year off and then resumed filming...perhaps have it come out in 2008.......and I've read all that you say surreal and i just don't see it your way....i do think that they swept their problems under the carpet so that they could have that silly wedding before he perished at the point of his own sword beheld by Davy Jones "a touch of destiny".......don't get me wrong...I like Will and i think at times he is brave and heroic....I just didn't really like the Will and Elizabeth relationship...I haven't since the first time I saw COTBP...but i just shrugged it away..cuz it was disney and I was so in love with Captain Jack Sparrow.....but then DMC happened......

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:18 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I understood and liked Willabeth more the second time i saw it lol. like I said...It was when Will got stabbed that I thought of Liz and how she would be so alone if he died, even with Jack there.. Being Norrie and her daddy already died. It would be tough for her!

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2007 08:21 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote