KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » A,M,M,D,C Vs. L,G,K,S,C

A,M,M,D,C Vs. L,G,K,S,C
Started by: Q'Anilia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes well, considering both of you are Warcraft fans but also not likely interested in debating it anyway considering your behaviour on the matter removing it is the best thing.

starkiller is not being overrated at all, he fought against the planets gravity and pulled a 1600 meter long vessel across to hit a mining station, hes force power would rip apart anyone here.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:24 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Actually, in canon he simply tried to stop a falling star destroyer from crushing him, BT.

^accordign to Wilverine[numberhere].

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:28 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
... sad

The Endless Hunger was forbidden for a reason. I'm removing it because of that reason even though it's potentially stoppable. From an objective, reasonable state of mind in the matter, with all the knowledge I have on the ways of Azeroth, I deem the spell unstoppable by anyone in this thread.

Since I won't in an elaborate way argue why I deem it that way, I instead just remove it. Some of you will want detailed proof and quotes from books in order to buy anything that Obsidian Fury brought up. I can't prove it in the way that Burning Thought will demand proof, so I'll not bother arguing it at all.

I find my conclusion of the spell obvious, because of how much I know about Warcraft. Since I can't prove it, I'll just leave it as removed from the thread.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:30 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Actually, in canon he simply tried to stop a falling star destroyer from crushing him, BT.

^accordign to Wilverine[numberhere].

Close but he did more according to this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gale...ting_the_Empire

quote:
During the journey back to Raxus Prime, Starkiller contemplated his new found origins along with his destiny. Ruminating over his identity, he replaced one of the green crystals of Kota's lightsaber with the blue crystal he had found on Kashyyyk, changing the saber's hue from green to aqua, and making it his own.[8] On Raxus Prime, Starkiller fought his way through the local Imperial troops as well as a trap set by Drexl Roosh and reached an ore cannon that was being used to launch metallic refuse into space for use by the Imperial shipyard. Starkiller reprogrammed the cannon to fire directly at the shipyard instead, utterly obliterating the facility. Unfortunately for Starkiller, it also damaged a nearly completed Star Destroyer causing it to give in to the planet's gravity. As it careened out of orbit and closed in on Starkiller, Kota told him to use the Force to crash it into the ore cannon. Starkiller succeeded, incredibly surviving the crash and the ensuing destruction.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:34 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Yes. Starkiller redirected the already crashing Star Destroyer, then failed to stop it when it came his way.

But a word of wisdom: Don't trust Wikipedia too much no expression

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:37 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wookiepedia, its the best proof in this thread so far so "shrug". And failed to stop it? no...he "succeeded, incredibly surviving the crash and the ensuing destruction", the end of the quote says so. Which means he beat the planets gravity AND the stardestroyers weight.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:40 PM
Utrigita

Team 1 for the win.

Good match up Q thumb up

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:44 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Burning thought
Wookiepedia, its the best proof in this thread so far so "shrug". And failed to stop it? no...he "succeeded, incredibly surviving the crash and the ensuing destruction", the end of the quote says so. Which means he beat the planets gravity AND the stardestroyers weight.

Wookiepedia is wikipedia, and I didn't say that the particular part you picked out was wrong. I only said it as a word of wisdom. You can't trust wikipedia completely.

Starkiller failed to stop the Star Destroyer. It dropped right in front of him and he had to run away because it came in too fast. He only charged its course of crashing, he didn't stop it from going downwards and he failed at stopping it when it was going to hit him.

He has not proven himself even close at manipulating something the weight of that destroyer.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:48 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Originally posted by Utrigita
Team 1 for the win.

Good match up Q thumb up
Thank you smile

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:53 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Wookiepedia is wikipedia, and I didn't say that the particular part you picked out was wrong. I only said it as a word of wisdom. You can't trust wikipedia completely.

Starkiller failed to stop the Star Destroyer. It dropped right in front of him and he had to run away because it came in too fast. He only charged its course of crashing, he didn't stop it from going downwards and he failed at stopping it when it was going to hit him.

He has not proven himself even close at manipulating something the weight of that destroyer.

Where are you getting this from? it sounds like your just saying the opposite to what the actual evidence provided here tells us, it says he succeded, it tells us he brought it onto the ore cannon. And dont be daft, ofcourse he stopped it when it was going to hit him, he did survive afterall.....

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 07:08 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Where are you getting this from? it sounds like your just saying the opposite to what the actual evidence provided here tells us, it says he succeded, it tells us he brought it onto the ore cannon. And dont be daft, ofcourse he stopped it when it was going to hit him, he did survive afterall.....

I'm just saying what the guy who read the novel said. He redirected the crashing ship, and after it had landed where he wanted it, he tried stopping it before it reached him. He failed stopping it and Starkiller had to run away from its path.

Just because he failed stopping it, doesnt mean it didnt destroy the intended target.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 07:11 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well for all we know that was from the novel, did the guy who read the novel post the quote and page number?

Well he was not trying to stop anything according to that, he did not want it falling on him which was its starting path and then he moved it so it was going towards the ore processing cannon. Its unbelievable that he just "run away" from the path of a 1600 meter ship.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 07:50 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Well for all we know that was from the novel, did the guy who read the novel post the quote and page number?

Well he was not trying to stop anything according to that, he did not want it falling on him which was its starting path and then he moved it so it was going towards the ore processing cannon. Its unbelievable that he just "run away" from the path of a 1600 meter ship.

Apparently unlike you, I give people who has read a book, and their ability to read the benefit of the doubt. I didn't ask him to get a quote or page number, because I'm not that obsessed with being right. If he who has read a book says it is so, then I believe him. I have no reason not to do so.

I guess that's what differ you and me. I trust people. You should try it sometimes. It's quite comfortable to live without thinking everybody lies.

It's unbelievable that the Jedi can lift a stone without touching it. It's unbelievable that they have lightsabers. It's unbelievable that they have hyperspace. It's unbelievable that he could pull down a Star Destroyer. It's unbelievable that he ran away from a crashing 1600 meter ship.

He's a Jedi. They have something called Force speed. Besides, the 1600 meter long ship is not even a third that size in width (Third being very generous). I run 60 meters in 8 seconds. A Jedi run so fast that they appear as a blur. If Galen has to run ~550 meters and he start before the ship has reached him, he will have cleared 550 meters in VERY little time. It can still be a two-digit number of seconds before the Star Destroyer reach him.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Jun 1st, 2009 at 08:11 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 08:06 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Apparently unlike you, I give people who has read a book, and their ability to read the benefit of the doubt. I didn't ask him to get a quote or page number, because I'm not that obsessed with being right. If he who has read a book says it is so, then I believe him. I have no reason not to do so.

I guess that's what differ you and me. I trust people. You should try it sometimes. It's quite comfortable to live without thinking everybody lies.

It's unbelievable that the Jedi can lift a stone without touching it. It's unbelievable that they have lightsabers. It's unbelievable that they have hyperspace. It's unbelievable that he could pull down a Star Destroyer. It's unbelievable that he ran away from a crashing 1600 meter ship.

He's a Jedi. They have something called Force speed. Besides, the 1600 meter long ship is not even a third that size in width (Third being very generous). I run 60 meters in 8 seconds. A Jedi run so fast that they appear as a blur. If Galen has to run ~550 meters and he start before the ship has reached him, he will have cleared 550 meters in VERY little time. It can still be a two-digit number of seconds before the Star Destroyer reach him.

Well ive played all the Legacy of Kain games, maybe you should never ask me for evidence for my claims "shrug", I think your just making an excuse tbh.

Thats a daft thing to say, they dont have powers to escape a ship of that size coming down on them, and I would think otherwise, e.g., lifting the ship considering actual evidence suggests so.

Force speed, come on.....that still wouldnt get you away from 1500 meter long ship. Also it does not actually say he went force speed either.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 09:00 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

Speechless. I am utterly speechless. I don't think I've ever been speechless before in my whole life. I've read your post through over and over again for the past fifteen minutes without knowing what to say no expression

So I'll force this out: Amazing. I think my office of mental activity blew a fuse, or all of them. If it's what you're saying, or how you're thinking that causes the overload, I don't know.

Last edited by Q'Anilia on Jun 1st, 2009 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 09:34 PM
Obsidian Fury

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 09:55 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then Ill be kind enough to answer it for you.

Well ive played all the Legacy of Kain games, maybe you should never ask me for evidence for my claims "shrug", I think your just making an excuse tbh.

Thats a daft thing to say, they dont have powers to escape a ship of that size coming down on them, and I would think otherwise, e.g., lifting the ship considering actual evidence suggests so.

Force speed, come on.....that still wouldnt get you away from 1500 meter long ship. Also it does not actually say he went force speed either.

Fair point I guess....

Youve probably never seen a Jedi move using force speed, Marek would easily escape the falling Star destroyer, although you do have a point, that is what Wookiepedia says, but as i said before, you cannot always trust a wiki wink

true, but it does not say he did not either "absence of proof is not proof of absence" stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 09:55 PM
Obsidian Fury

In defense of Q'Anilia on that, she is the one that does not abide to "Absence of proof is not proof of absence". I'm just curious: Have you missed, or ignored her bringing up the fact that the length of the Star Destroyer is not relevant to Galen moving aside from the unstoppable Star Destroyer?

Look at this video and maybe, just maybe you'll understand what she's saying. 4:47 is probably my favorite part.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 10:44 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

1. No, it would make sense, Ares was a diffrent character altogether, you make a pretty bold assumption that Ares only has those powers because he was the God of war and not that he was powerful anyway. Ares was simply the God of War, then when he is killed he is no longer the God of war, kratos is a completly diffrent God of war, nowhere is it stated a new God of war gains all the powers of the previous, its only obvious that they get the title and the authority.

2. Kratos was shown using fire so he could disintegrate thousands of vines with a thought? sounds like a no limits fallacy to me.
1. Ares' power came from his godhood, the fact that he was God of War. Kratos then received Ares' power. Tell me where Ares' power came from if not his Godhood?

2. No, but fire combined with the fact that Kratos is physically stronger by many times than ANYONE in this thread means he can.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:04 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Obsidian Fury
I think that in the end, only Archimonde and Kratos are standing. I haven't seen all there is around Kratos, but judging from what I've seen, he's at best as strong as Archimonde. If their clash then last for a day, Malygos and Sephiroth comes to the rescue and team 1 wins.
He is hundreds of times stronger than Arichmonde.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 11:06 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote