KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » A,M,M,D,C Vs. L,G,K,S,C

A,M,M,D,C Vs. L,G,K,S,C
Started by: Q'Anilia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I'm gonna call hyperbole on the sun remark. no expression What destruction did it cause, other than destroying endless hunger? Link's got light arrows and Din's fire.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:23 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Phanteros
crap....

I think team 1, although maybe not the winners (As I don't know much enough about team 2) is very underestimated. Malfurion turned a powerful magician into a lifeless tree by touching his foot.

HOWEVER, I know enough about Starkiller to say for definate that he has no way of clearing this on his own. He can barely take any one of them in 1v1. He can take Deathwing, but that's the extent.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:24 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I'm gonna call hyperbole on the sun remark. no expression What destruction did it cause, other than destroying endless hunger? Link's got light arrows and Din's fire.

It wasn't a sun. It was compared to a sun for the shine. It was so bright that it burned his eyes. It almost killed him in pure brightness.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:25 PM
Obsidian Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Obsidian Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Obsidian Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

A light arrow should do the job fine, it incinerates anything that's not Ganondorf.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:28 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

A light arrow should do the job fine, it incinerates anything that's not Ganondorf.

That's the thing. Either Q'Anilia did not give Burning Thought enough of the quote, or he missinterpreted it, because the shadow is not an entity. Just because the spell was described to have tentacles does not mean it has to be living. A tree has tentacles if you want to be technical with language. The sun has tentacles. My shirt has tentacles.

Endless Hunger is a spell that represent nothingness. When Krasus battled the Endless Hunger, he caught it on an early stage. The special ability of this spell is that it's expanding. It doesn't move. It grows. When Krasus was caught in it with his hand, he lost several fingers just like that. As if he had moved his hand through a shadow and the shade kept the section of the hand that passed through it.

Endless Hunger is a banned spell from Azeroth. It may not be used because of its incredible power. It expands until it's satisfied and because its name is "Endless Hunger", Krasus claimed it impossible to satisfy. It would have stretched the whole planet if he did not stop it in his chamber. When he defeated it, he used an ancient spell (The one I described) which required an excessive amount of mystical words in a nigh inspeakable tongue.

Anyone cunning enough in Warcraft knows that even the weakest magician can summon fire and light. If it was a spell defeated as simple as that, it would not be banned. Krasus was ready to sacrifice his life a few moments after it had been triggered because the concequence of that spell was more dangerous than his recent discovery of Deathwing returning to destroy all life on Azeroth.

If it was as easily defeated as Burning Thought claims:
A) Korialstrasz would not have been ready to give up his life to defeat it at an early stage.
B) Would have warned the world about Deathwing before considering taking his own life.
C) Would not have been forced to use one of the most rare spells in existance to take it out.
D) Would have just used his spell where he melted an army of demons with a gesture and/or the common spell that brings light to the room.

Note: BANNED FROM AZEROTH. Not even Malygos erasing existance is a banned spell.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:39 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

I think you underestimate the power of light arrows erm If a spell bright enough to kill can destroy endless hunger, a few arrows bright enough to disintegrate can do it. They're not the realm of common magicians, light arrows are divine power unleaded.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:44 PM
Obsidian Fury

I think you underestimate the power of light arrows erm If a spell bright enough to kill can destroy endless hunger, a few arrows bright enough to disintegrate can do it. They're not the realm of common magicians, light arrows are divine power unleaded.

When did Link last kill nothingness? I could as easily claim that Endless Hunger swallows the arrow when it's supposed to hit. You are missing the point. The fact that the brightness could kill Krasus is irrelevant. A light arrow may be able to kill anyone it strikes (No-limit fallacy?), but so can Endless Hunger. And Endless Hunger isn't anyone. It's nothing.

I'm sorry. I can buy a lot of things. Even his arrow killing anyone it hits in a single move. But I don't buy that it can kill nothing. The best I see it do is erase the line of passage when it's shot at Endless Hunger. Lines that will be regenerated immediately, given the rate of expansion.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:50 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Light arrows stop being arrows as soon as they're infused with light, they are, for all terms and purposes, divine power unleaded, shaped like an arrow. They're so bright that their power can disintegrate beings erm Kill them? The light tears apart their entire being.

If a spell that creates light can function on it, so can a light arrow, we've seen that light is effective, and less destructive light at that. It doesn't have to kill nothingness, just fill that nothing with light.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:55 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obsidian Fury your making a huge amount of assumptions and I think you are overestimating this endless hunger spell. All the quote suggests is that its a blob with tentacles, it actually physically grabbed Krasus, he said so, I would like to see the quote again if you please, mainly because by the sounds of it, your taking some things he had said one way when they could have meant something diffrent, I remember thinking that when I first saw the quote, it uses language that could mean many things. This endless hunger obvioulsy did not like light and heat. Also who banned the spell?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 05:56 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Imho, I think Link'll be the one to deal the death blow to Nightwing. If either Ganon or Starkiller can hold Nightwing immobile with TK for even a moment, Link can land a light arrow on a vital point, either mortally wounding or severely weakening him. That's my first call of the match. Link has the tools to neutralise endless hunger, and kill Nightwing.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:00 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

nightwing? dont you mean Deathwing? Deathwing would be ripped apart by Starkillers TK as would anything in this match, the only question is whther or not Deathwing can cast the spell quickly enough before he is obliterated ,I would go so far as saying anyone, maybe even Cloud can take on Deathwing, he is one of the least impressive in this matchup, perhaps just above Cenarius and Malfurion.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:02 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Imho, I think Link'll be the one to deal the death blow to Nightwing. If either Ganon or Starkiller can hold Nightwing immobile with TK for even a moment, Link can land a light arrow on a vital point, either mortally wounding or severely weakening him. That's my first call of the match. Link has the tools to neutralise endless hunger, and kill Nightwing.

More like "Deathwing" :P. I'm not sure if he could stop the spell if Deathwing cast it just before the battle to let it grow and expand.

ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anon E. Mous
The French Taunter

If the light arrows disintegrate beings, why don't they disintegrate Ganon? All they do is weaken him, and that takes several, right?

Anon E. Mous is currently offline Click here to Send Anon E. Mous a Private Message Find more posts by Anon E. Mous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obsidian Fury

Light arrows stop being arrows as soon as they're infused with light, they are, for all terms and purposes, divine power unleaded, shaped like an arrow. They're so bright that their power can disintegrate beings erm Kill them? The light tears apart their entire being.

If a spell that creates light can function on it, so can a light arrow, we've seen that light is effective, and less destructive light at that. It doesn't have to kill nothingness, just fill that nothing with light.

The spell worked because it covered the entire room. The Endless Hunger was still contained when it was used. It wasn't because it was some bright attack it was defeated, it was because the bright attack covered all of it.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but I doubt the Light Arrow blind you when you shoot it out. The brightness can not be compared, even if it's divine. If disintegrating light was enough to stop it, Krasus would've used the spell he used in War of the Ancients. Not a spell that was more probable to kill him than keep him alive.

Had this spell been an actual entity, I'd have accepted it. But it isn't. The arrow is known to defeat beings. Not nothing. Not plain, insubstantial spells.

ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

AHG, Deathwing, wtf. My bad sad

holy typoes, Batman. <--Joke, who gets it?

Last edited by ScreamPaste on Jun 1st, 2009 at 06:07 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:03 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Anon E. Mous
If the light arrows disintegrate beings, why don't they disintegrate Ganon? All they do is weaken him, and that takes several, right?

Ganon is the only exception to this in all of LoZ, and he frequently tanks castle-busting force, and 1000+ ton strength blows from Link with a weapon designed to be Ganon's anathema. Hell, he survived a sword through his head, the weapon which is supposed to be able to kill him, in his hea,d and didn't die, just got angry. In the LoZ verse Ganon is nigh-unkillable.

Against an expanding void of nothing, the light arrows should do the trick, and I can't see why they wouldn't.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:06 PM
Obsidian Fury

AHG, Deathwing, wtf. My bad sad

holy typoes, Batman. <--Joke, who gets it?

Batflaps stick out tongue

Against an expanding void of nothing, the light arrows should do the trick, and I can't see why they wouldn't.

I can't see why they would no expression

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:13 PM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Then it would seem we have a conundrum no expression

Well, my logic is if powerful light destroyed it before, extremely powerful light should also destroy it.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:16 PM
Q'Anilia
Exiled Master Jedi

1. Starkiller is being overrated here.
2. Deathwing may not use Endless Hunger.
3. I'm with Obsidian Fury. None of the ten can stop EH.

Then it would seem we have a conundrum no expression

Well, my logic is if powerful light destroyed it before, extremely powerful light should also destroy it.

Your logic is treating Endless Hunger as a being and not as the spell that it is. A Light Arrow only cover the area that it hits with light, which makes it different from Krasus counter that covered all of Endless Hunger.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:17 PM
Q'Anilia is currently offline Click here to Send Q'Anilia a Private Message Find more posts by Q'Anilia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote:
3. I'm with Obsidian Fury. None of the ten can stop EH.

... sad

Old Post Jun 1st, 2009 06:17 PM