KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs Maul Brothers

Darth Zannah vs Maul Brothers
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Inquisitor has also killed a number of Jedi; none until Kanan ever survived an encounter with him.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:32 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
You're full of poop, my son.

At the 5:08 mark, George explains that no Jedi fights the same and that each has his or her own style. This is commensurate with what goes on in the real world: no two practitioners of any given martial arts fight identically; their style becomes idiosyncratic and not pulled from a highly limited set of pre-programmed maneuvers.

So with that in mind, for the Inquisitor to determine not only the form but who taught that person the form is incredible. Which is why the lore is making such a huge deal of his ability to do this, which means it's nowhere near as simple as you desperately want it to be.

Not to mention the fact that the Inquisitor's profile in Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars very clearly states that the Inquisitor has learned to "use" and "counter" each form of lightsaber combat. The idea that he's just watching videos on Youtube and not actually employing this stuff is not only dishonest, it's flat-out wrong. thumb up

The Grand Inquisitor stomps Kas'im tbh.

The fact that no two Jedi fights the same just makes it less impressive son. All it means is that if Kanan performed a move that Billaba taught him that it would stand out more. It would be impressive if Billaba was just some random Jedi in 10,000 but she was a Council member. One of the absolute most high profile Jedi there were and an obvious target for the Inquisitors research. The Inquisitor identifying her moves isn't that impressive at all. Especially when he had good reason to be looking into Billaba in preparation to encounter her missing student. Hell, maybe he just fcking guessed based off that info and that Kanan was using her favored style. Which is the only thing is gives for a reason for why he knew about Kanan's mentor.

Which is all irrelevant because you're still falling into the fallacy of conflating analytical ability with fighting ability.

Which is the actual impressive thing and what you should be using to indicate the Inquisitor's ability. But still ridiculously far from Kas'ims level. Merely being able to use the forms isn't in Kas'im league of absolute mastery with multiple styles and practically any Jedi knows how to counter the forms. All that means is that you're capable of responding to them. Yawnarific.

I'm fairly certain you're trolling me at this point. Or you're being incredibly silly.

For one thing, Kas'im is smart enough to instantly demolish the Inquisitor's shitty hilt.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 7th, 2015 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:34 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by Nephthys
The Inquisitor identifying her moves isn't that impressive at all. Hell, maybe he just fcking guessed

lol Neph..

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Also you failed to respond the fact that the Inquisitor got demolished by the poorly trained Kanan.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

More important than training, the Force is.
Far better skill than Kas'im, Kanan has shown.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:52 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

All these "No, because Bane," arguments! I love 'em!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 02:55 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
More important than training, the Force is.
Far better skill than Kas'im, Kanan has shown.

The whole point of Kanan's victory is that he stopped being afraid anymore. The Inquistor uses psychology to unnerve his opponents and make them doubt themselves. He freaks Kanan out with his knowledge from the Jedi temple, he's constantly Dun Moching and he uses an intimidating weapon that Kanan doesn't know how to counter. But when Kanan stops being afraid he easily beats the guy, the Inquisitor stops talking and see's through his weapon for the weakness that it is.

You can even see on the Inquisitors face, he shits his pants when Kanan says he's not afraid any more and doesn't have a response when Kanan just sticks his blades between his hilts.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 7th, 2015 at 03:07 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 03:05 PM
Darth Thor

Nah Kanan just got miles better through the season. Inquisitor even notes such.

And according to FPJ Kanan improved by fighting the Inquisitor. That Inq wad his trainer.

And according to one of the new source books Kanan became a full Knight by the end of S1. Although FPJ thinks he's still going through his Jedi trials in S2.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:29 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well obviously he improved, but Kanan also got curbstomped an episode before the final fight and was beaten in that fight even with Ezra's help before Ezra "died" and Kanan managed a turnaround by letting go of his fear. It clearly wasn't that he just "got gud" because it was shown that wasn't enough. Kanan's victory was due to his triumph over his own internal conflicts.

Kanan becoming a Knight doesn't really say much since the guys we're discussing like Kas'im are comically far above a standard Jedi Knight.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 7th, 2015 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:38 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Since when did becoming a Knight meant one has become an average Knight?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:52 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Which just shows "saber skills" are a lot less important than force enhanced abilities and mind set.

Who said Kanan is only on the level of an average Knight? In any case Inquisitor is much more consistent in his performances than Kanan which is obviously a result of their level of training.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well the Inquisitor was very effective at weakening his opponents wills and causing them to be afraid, which does hamper their abilities alot, yes. Mind set has always been a huge factor in duels.

Well if he wasn't ready to be a Knight before the end of s1 that doesn't say much for his abilities.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 06:05 PM
Darth Thor

Yeah but the conversation is really about the Inquisitor's abilities not Kanan's. And Inq wad clearly very skilled and knowledgeable in all forms. And I'm guessing easily capable of handling an average Knight given he was the Grand Inquisitor after all.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 06:37 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Kanan beat the Inquisitor, so his abilities are very relevant to the latters.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 06:38 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nephthys
Kanan beat the Inquisitor, so his abilities are very relevant to the latters.

Well not necessarily because you just explained to me yourself how Kanan got beat up by Inq the very previous episode and in the middle of the same fight he won. And how his victory was more to do with Kanan's mind set in that fight than anything else.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 08:33 PM
Zenwolf

What does any of this have to do with the battle here?

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 08:59 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if Zannah is a Kanan level duelist she has no business taking on Savage, God forbid Maul.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 09:05 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You guys are wanking the Inquisitor's skill so hard, yet still putting him below even Savage? If he's as skilled as you guys say wouldn't that just put him above Savage and Maul, lol.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well not necessarily because you just explained to me yourself how Kanan got beat up by Inq the very previous episode and in the middle of the same fight he won. And how his victory was more to do with Kanan's mind set in that fight than anything else.

Exactly. Even though Kanan is only a half-trained padawan, the Inquisitor can only defeat him if he weakens his will and fills him with fear and doubt. When Kanan is operating at his best, he defeats him. Which doesn't say much for the Inquisitors actual skill level.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 09:16 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah, the Inq and Kanan aren't that high in the movie-era hierarchy. Filoni made that abundantly clear with the whole "Inq wouldn't survive a fight with Kenobi" and "Ghost crew = level 5, Vader = level 80 lol".

At-best, in Filoni's opinion, the Grand Inquisitor is Ventress level but still probably below her.

Maul and Savage are safely above them, hur hur, poor Bane.

Also, technical skill isn't everything. But I'm sure that won't matter until we're no longer debating a Bane-era character whose only saving grace is technical skill.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 09:21 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Ah. Well ok then. Thanks for telling me that stuff that helps my point.

your the one who brought up technical skill tho

so your the dummy

its you

Old Post Nov 7th, 2015 09:26 PM