KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Zannah vs Maul Brothers

Darth Zannah vs Maul Brothers
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deronn_solo

That elderly and dying Bane was still made powerful, though. In fact, he was superior to his younger unamped self.

The one losing to Kas'im in sabers? I'm not seeing where this is supposed to be impressive.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Yep. It's not like Bane wasn't beating Kas'im before he switched to a form he purposely had no answer for thanks to his teacher withholding counters for it. Or that Kas'im wasn't a technical maven, who held mastery over all forms of Lightsaber combat, and perfecting thousands of sequences and moves over the decades. Or that he had the ability to change tactics and switch between Lightsaber forms on the fly.

Yep, Kas'im is legit shit, I guess. thumb up

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 04:59 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Glad you understand.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:10 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kas'im's technical mastery is below the Inquisitors lol

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:13 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Nah.
To my knowledge the Inquisitors hasn't mastered perfected thousands of sequences, or moves. Neither was he stated to be a high level master in mutiple forms.

Last edited by Deronn Solo on Nov 6th, 2015 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:24 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Yeah. Yeah, he was. Can identify styles at a glance too.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:25 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane failed to beat a less skilled opponent than the Inquisitor?!

LOL

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:27 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Yeah. Yeah, he was. Can identify styles at a glance too.

I recall him being called a master, but never high level like what is required to master Juyo in Legends. LAWL. Taking 10 seconds to identify lightsaber style is good, but perfecting thousands of sequences over decades is noticebly superior.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:31 PM
Nargaroth

I recall him being called a master, but never high level like what is required to master Juyo in Legends. LAWL. Taking 10 seconds to identify lightsaber style is good, but perfecting thousands of sequences over decades is noticebly superior.

Actually, he was stated to have learned to not only use, but counter all lightsaber forms, which suggests that he has intimate knowledge of each form's strenghts and weaknesses.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

....acknowledged? Still not more impressive than Kas'im, though.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:51 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Prepare to be educated, sir.

"The Jedi Order recognizes seven forms of lightsaber combat. The Inquisitor has learned to use-and counter-all of them!"
--
"10.6

The time it takes the Inquisitor to identify a Jedi's fighting style, in seconds."
-Absolutely Everything You Need To Know About Star Wars

---
"His cold, analytical mind is his most powerful weapon. He analyzes Jedi fighting styles and capabilities, as well as the Jedi traditions they follow. He can even identify a Jedi's mentor. He then uses this information to prey upon their weaknesses."

[...]

"Despite having never met Kanan, the Inquisitor immediately identifies Kanan's fighting style; his Master, Despa Billaba; and, most important, the weaknesses of his form. The Inquisitor exploits this weakness to great effect, and Kanan and Ezra barely escape."

--Ultimate Star Wars

---------

He can not only use every saber form, but he can counter every one of them. He can also identify not only the form a Jedi is using and the degree to which they favour it, but also the master who taught them it, in the space of ten seconds. He also innovated (or at least is a user of) spinning saberstaff combat. Kas'im can suck on a fat toe.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Last edited by ILS on Nov 6th, 2015 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:54 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Nice. The Grand Inquisitor is beastly AF.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 05:58 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

That's obviously not as IMPRESSIVE as Kas'im's saber mastery which totally didn't help him devise any new lightsaber sequences to defeat a less skilled opponent. Obviously, Kas'im's technical mastery of the blade has shown itself to have a good track record against less skilled duelists

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:02 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

You'd think he wouldn't need that type of lightsaber if he was so uber skilled.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:03 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by |King Joker|
You'd think he wouldn't need that type of lightsaber if he was so uber skilled.
Technical skill can and usually is surpassed by strength in the Force as far as it correlates to saber combat, e.g Bane and Kas'im, or Anakin and Drallig. Or Kanan and the Inquisitor.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:05 PM
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Originally posted by ILS
Technical skill can and usually is surpassed by strength in the Force as far as it correlates to saber combat, e.g Bane and Kas'im, or Anakin and Drallig. Or Kanan and the Inquisitor.
I'm aware of that, but I was mostly referring to this: "In relying on such a mechanical lightsaber model, the Inquisitor betrays one weakness: his fighting skills are not as potent as his analytical skills." - Ultimate Star Wars

I feel like someone of the Grand Inquisitor's skill level would be beyond using that type of weapon, so it just confuses me, TBH.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:12 PM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's not as natural a fighter as most Force users so I'd imagine he uses every advantage he can get his hands on, much like Kas'im.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:14 PM
Deronn Solo
King Yami

Originally posted by carthage
That's obviously not as IMPRESSIVE as Kas'im's saber mastery which totally didn't help him devise any new lightsaber sequences to defeat a less skilled opponent. Obviously, Kas'im's technical mastery of the blade has shown itself to have a good track record against less skilled duelists

Prolly because Bane was much more powerful than Kas'im, as he completely gave himself to the Force, and let precognition/premonitions do the work. Ya know, as the novel actually noted. Also, Kas'im's technical skills kinda did help him defeate Bane, since he won the lightsaber portion in the end, circumstances aside.
Come on, you can low-ball harder than that, Carth.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:20 PM
Nargaroth

Originally posted by ILS

Problem is Kanan is not more powerful than the Inquisitor, who was identified by sources as being far more powerful than him and Ezra. That was also shown in their third encounter, in which he pinned Kanan to a wall Sidious style, and that happened not long before their final duel. Kanan would have had to grow vastly in power for that logic to apply, which is something only Anakin has done, and even he required months to become vastly more powerful than before.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:21 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Kanan also pinned Inqy in their first encounter. Clearly it isn't just raw power that determines whether someone can do so.

With that said, Kanan did get a big boost in that very episode when he said he had nothing left to fear. Suddenly he went from consistently being outmatched to quickly defeating the Inquisitor.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2015 06:28 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote