KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Love

Love
Started by: baktash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

that really doesnt answer anything.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 03:35 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

love huh? felt it once never felt it again

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 05:22 PM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

That is kind of a shame, Only_One_Wing.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 01:44 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Love

What is love? Is it just a word? A thought, an abstract feeling? Does love mean different things to different people? Do you love people in different ways? Can love be defined?

What does LOVE mean to you?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:10 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Again subjective in the extreme. Love for parent, love for friend, love for pet, love of Ice-cream, I love those shoes on you, Jesus loves you.

Do all these things speak of the same love? no - since everyone uses the word to describe a multitude of feelings the chances of 2 people meaning the same thing at the same time are slim as hell.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 02:27 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Re: Love

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix
What is love? Is it just a word? A thought, an abstract feeling? Does love mean different things to different people? Do you love people in different ways? Can love be defined?

What does LOVE mean to you?

It is not the word that matters, but the connection or feeling that it signifies.

-Somebody in the Matrix I think

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 06:49 PM
silver_tears

The little girl's father yes

And I agree there are different degrees of love yes
But it all comes from the heart no? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 06:50 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

"love" is a group protection instinct, just as "falling in love" is a mating signal..... simple survival tools, nothing more or less.....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:15 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

" Love, love, you know what love is? Love is an illusion created by lawyer types like your self to perpetuate another illision called marriage to create the reality of divorce and then the illusionary need for divorce lawyers. "

- St. Elmo's Fire

smile

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:17 PM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

LOVE !

Love is the most powerful force in the universe !

Leaving platonic love aside for the moment as that is just a warm and cosy feeling....no more....

To be "in love" is scary...It is like being ill, in a pleasant way.

Love, ( sexual love ), is a feeling that takes you over and makes you into a slave. Your heart pounds, you feel pain like you have never felt before and when you see the object of that love you are unable to think, talk, breath, or function as you should. When you are in love you cannot eat, sleep, study, or communicate with other humans in any normal way.

The trouble is that THIS kind of love is very short-lived and easily killed when your lover lets you down or looks at another person or starts to tire of you.

If it is the kind of love that is to withstand the test of time it has to mutate into a different kind of love that is not so intense but that is more solid and equal in both directions.

Only after you have felt this kind of love can you speak about it .

In fact it is almost impossible to describe this kind of love as it is all inside the person.

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Last edited by Papaumau on Sep 3rd, 2004 at 11:55 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 11:51 AM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
What is love?
football matches and beer

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 12:14 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
"love" is a group protection instinct, just as "falling in love" is a mating signal..... simple survival tools, nothing more or less.....

You really think so? I don't know if love is as 'magical' as some people say it is, but I don't think I'd put it down to mating instinct. I mean, you can 'mate' with someone without feeling any love for them.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 01:03 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

There must be something in it as there has been more songs written about love than any other subject !

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 04:15 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Does anyone believe in 'love at first sight'? I certainly don't - the only thing I think can happen is lust at first sight!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:35 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

I agree with lust but I have felt love at first sight so it worked for me smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:38 PM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

it'll never work for me because I'm not pretty enough for anyone to love me at first sight - I think love has to grow, it can't just be there. If you fall in love with someone ((or think you do)) straight away, you start to hate them after a while aS ALL THEIR FAULTS GET ON YOUR NERVES. ((sorry about caps, caps lock got put on accidently, I can't be bothered to retype)).

However, if you gradually fall in love with someone, you fall in love with their faults!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:52 PM
yerssot

phoe...I observed that when it comes to looks, you're very down on yourself, what gives? sad

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 05:54 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Because I'm a realist. I'm not pretty. Whats the point in pretending i am? I'll only get peoples hopes up! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:02 PM
Paxelius
bearer of the blue hat

Phoenix: It's just a saying "love at first sight" but it has little to do with beauty, is like an immidate empathy ...compassion...love

falling in love with someones faults comes later smile

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:10 PM
Paxelius is currently offline Click here to Send Paxelius a Private Message Find more posts by Paxelius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I just don't think you can love someone at first sight. Sight is a bout seeing, seeing is about looks - how can you love someone just because of the way they look? Thats not real love.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2004 06:14 PM