KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Savage Opress vs Asajj Ventress vs Darth Maul (TPM)

Savage Opress vs Asajj Ventress vs Darth Maul (TPM)
Started by: YousufKhan1212

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Proof that Dooku grew?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:22 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I don't know where to find it but it's been posted in a few threads recently. Says plainly Dookus power grew noticeably during the Clone Wars.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 01:36 AM
Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by YousufKhan1212
Proof that Dooku grew?
Stated in Fact Files. I posted it recently.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm talking about evidence that RotS Dooku is stronger than S3 Dooku. Quotes that say Dooku improved between AotC and RotS don't *really* specify how much time of the war Dooku improved in, S3 is more than midway through the war because it takes place in 20 BBY, it could very well be that Dooku grew throughout the war but when did his growth stop? 22 BBY? 21 BBY? 20 BBY? Season 6? RotS?

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 03:04 AM
Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scizard

Not sure how relevant this is, but I think Maul is a hard counter to Savage. When most people are first attacked by Savage they're usually fked by his massive strength, but Maul also due to being extremely strong is able to counter Savage and defeat him easily due to his strength not being a problem for him and his skill far exceeding his.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 10:35 AM
Click here to Send Scizard a Private Message Find more posts by Scizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Ventress and Opress combined would destroy Jinn and TPM Kenobi. Weaker versions of Ventres and Opress put Dooku on his ass for a moment, and Dooku had to spam Force Lightning to survive (something Maul doesn't bother using), and their combined fighting styles will just be a nightmare for Maul. Not seeing he beats both of them at the same time.

Yes but weve also seen both Revival Maul and Revival Kenobi stomp Opress. In fact weve seen Dooku stomp Opress 1v1 in their sparring session. I doubt Revival Maul is above TPM Maul given he was still in recovery.

Dooku just seemed to struggle a bit with Opress strength in the 2 on 1, but end of he was still beating them both. And just because he used Lightning, doesnt mean hed be screwed without lightning.

But as Scizard has already mentioned, Maul doesnt seem to have much trouble dealing with Opress strength, and is infinitely more skilled.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2020 02:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

was there some sort of circumstance present when ventress beat grevious in dd. If not, Ventress probably takes this.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2020 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is Legends only, DD is canon.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 01:50 PM
Darth Thor

Ventress beat Grievous in TCW S4, which is included in Legends. And happens long after their first Legends confrontation in which Grievous owned her.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Filoni's commentary on that duel is that he doesn't believe that Grievous could ever take out Ventress in a lightsaber fight, but IIRC the same Filoni says that Grievous's most powerful tools are fear and intimidation tactics, and that he'd lose to practically any Jedi if they're not scared of him. Darth Thor do you have a quote for that?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 05:17 PM
Darth Thor

Filoni's commentary on that duel is that he doesn't believe that Grievous could ever take out Ventress in a lightsaber fight, but IIRC the same Filoni says that Grievous's most powerful tools are fear and intimidation tactics, and that he'd lose to practically any Jedi if they're not scared of him. Darth Thor do you have a quote for that?

Yes its on my laptop. Sorry was supposed to get that for you a long time ago. Will post it tonight.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 06:31 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is no need to hurry, take all the time you need.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 07:01 PM
Darth Thor

Here you go:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...season-4?page=3

"I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, which is why he's always willing to dirty play at the end of the day."

"Yeah, it's in the movie. Mace Windu says, "General Grievous will run and hide, as he always does." He's an interesting character for all that thought. And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them. But if you can just focus through it, you can defeat that opponent "

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 09:07 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks for providing it. Ha! If we accept Filoni's opinion that Ventress is better than Grievous (which is the only statement supporting her supremacy), then we also have to accept his opinion that Grievous sucks as a duelist, is inferior to any Jedi and Sith and that his use of fear is his saving grace. Filoni's commentary doesn't wank Ventress, it just hurts Grievous.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 10:37 PM
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Here you go:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...season-4?page=3

"I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, which is why he's always willing to dirty play at the end of the day."

"Yeah, it's in the movie. Mace Windu says, "General Grievous will run and hide, as he always does." He's an interesting character for all that thought. And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them. But if you can just focus through it, you can defeat that opponent "

Honestly, this is a pretty cool throwback to Dooku's commentary on Grievous in the original Clone Wars.

"If you are to succeed in combat against the best of the Jedi, you must have fear, surprise, and intimidation on your side. But if any one element is lacking, it would be best for you to retreat. You must break them before you engage them. Only then will you ensure victory and have your trophy."

The North Remembers

Old Post Jun 8th, 2020 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Thanks for providing it. Ha! If we accept Filoni's opinion that Ventress is better than Grievous (which is the only statement supporting her supremacy), then we also have to accept his opinion that Grievous sucks as a duelist, is inferior to any Jedi and Sith and that his use of fear is his saving grace. Filoni's commentary doesn't wank Ventress, it just hurts Grievous.

Orrr, you could just acknowledge he says "it's just me" meaning the statement doesn't express authorial intent and then just use the actual feat of ventress being able to beat someone shown to be able to beat maul level opponents :/

Now off course you could point out the nexus, but people don't seem to like that for some reason. If you take ventress's win as leigitamte she should be able to beat tpm maul

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Orrr, you could just acknowledge he says "it's just me" meaning the statement doesn't express authorial intent and then just use the actual feat of ventress being able to beat someone shown to be able to beat maul level opponents :/

Now off course you could point out the nexus, but people don't seem to like that for some reason. If you take ventress's win as leigitamte she should be able to beat tpm maul

Grievous beats Maul level opponents? Urm.... yeah sure. Believe whatever floats your boat Rocky.

As for Filonis statement, It clearly shows Directors intent for WHY Ventress beat Grievous. Simply put, the Director feels shes better.

Otherwise if you want to distinguish his opinion from him stating fact, then theres literally zero proof that Rebels Kenobi is > Rebels Maul, given he also stated Kenobis superiority as his opinion. And fact files have confirmed Kenobi caught Maul off guard with Qui-Gons stance.

But you cant just take his opinion as canon when it suits you and as non-canon when it doesnt.

then we also have to accept his opinion that Grievous sucks as a duelist,

I underlined the part where he states Grievous is adept at using sabers.

So saying he sucks as a duelist clearly isnt what Filoni said.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jun 11th, 2020 at 12:29 PM

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 12:23 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rockydonovang

There's a reason why I said Filoni's opinion, the nexus arguments that people have used to salvage Grievous are valid though, because several published sources in Legends identify Dathomir as a Dark Side Nexus, some people don't think that argument is valid because Filoni believes that Grievous can't actually beat Ventress in a fight.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 01:36 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I underlined the part where he states Grievous is adept at using sabers.

So saying he sucks as a duelist clearly isnt what Filoni said.

I meant that Filoni's opinion is that Grievous sucks as a deulist in comparison to Jedi and Sith, because he also said he doesn't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or Sith in lightsaber combat.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 01:39 PM
Darth Thor

some people don't think that argument is valid because Filoni believes that Grievous can't actually beat Ventress in a fight.

Probably doesnt apply to canon.

Probably is valid for Legends... But then Ventress didnt even use TK against him so....

I meant that Filoni's opinion is that Grievous sucks as a deulist in comparison to Jedi and Sith, because he also said he doesn't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or Sith in lightsaber combat.

Yeah due to them having the Force.

That said, hes clearly a threat to Jedi, even if the threat mostly comes from Fear and Intimidation. And even the Jedi/Sith who handle him usually need to resort to applying TK to do so.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2020 09:35 PM