KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super - Discussion Thread
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (613): « First ... « 611 612 [613]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
That said, I am firmly of the belief that Tori has absolutely no clue what he's doing with scaling at this point(now more than ever), so who f*cking knows?
The fact that he now has Goku and Vegeta (their normal SSJB versions) in the same realm of power as Jiren tells you all you need to know about how much Toriyama thinks about power scaling between arcs.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2022 08:07 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Even if Cell Max was > Broly, would not care since it isnt the OG Cell. Would be a funny way to end the age old Cell vs Broly debate nonetheless, but glad there seems to be an implication that Cell Max isnt all that.
thumb up it also goes along with the usual DB algorithm where a more powerful villain appears in every arc.

But I do agree with Galan that I dont think Cell MAX was necessarily above Broly overall by virtue of being functionally incomplete. He might have had that level of dormant raw power, but had no idea how to use it practically because his mind programming wasn't complete, which is why he was basically retarded. That might explain why weaker characters (like the Gammas and Piccorange) were able to mount some kind of defense against him for a while.

I could definitely see Beast Gohan being Broly level though, just because it seems like Toriyama has gone back to stroking him again.

***side question- are we now considering the DBS anime, manga and movies as completely separate continuities now? Seems like thats the way it has headed IMO.

Last edited by Mendax on Jul 2nd, 2022 at 08:24 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2022 08:12 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Edit.....

Old Post Yesterday 11:53 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Av by KMC

Vegeta, what does the scouter say about this thread's post count?

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Yesterday 12:11 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Mendax
***side question- are we now considering the DBS anime, manga and movies as completely separate continuities now? Seems like thats the way it has headed IMO.
The manga and anime loosely align at best, so it's logical to consider them separate continuities.

I think the manga and movies could still be considered part of the same continuity, though. Maybe.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Yesterday 11:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It is amusing how before, the others kind of tried to have some sort of unified continuity, but then came Toriyama with the latest film and was all "Nah, I'll just continue doing my own thing, disregarding Ultra Instinct and much of what came before".

Let's see how much more a mess he makes the canon for people with whatever next film he does in some years. thumb up I'd rather him **** things up though than someone else, so that you have someone you know to blame rather than some nameless Toei executive.

Old Post Today 01:55 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote