KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Ian McDiarmid Talks Star Wars: Episode III

Ian McDiarmid Talks Star Wars: Episode III
Started by: Darth Nikana

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Nikana

i dont know if this was posted. but i didnt see a topic for it.
its on comingsoon.net which got it from TFN... theforce.net
interesting that he choosed his words carefully but also dodged the question about wielding a saber. could it be true ... does he use one in Ep.3. does he go against everything he said in the OT, ROTJ, about a lightsaber as a weapon of the Jedi. then again Maul had one and he wasn't a Jedi or Dark Jedi in TPM.

Source: TheForce.net
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

TheForce.net reports that the May issue of Theatregoer magazine features a new interview with Ian McDiarmid, who plays Palpatine in Star Wars: Episode III.

"In this final instalment - and you'll spot the discreet look coming over my face - I do have rather a lot to do. It's my character's horrible apotheosis." Has Star Wars given him new skills for his CV? He sighs. "If I were honest, any skills I do appear to have would have to be accompanied in brackets by the words 'stunt double'". Not even a deft touch with a light sabre [sic]? "I'm not answering that on the grounds that it might incriminate me."

Last edited by Darth Nikana on May 27th, 2004 at 04:28 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2004 04:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Nikana a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Nikana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cornponious
Kuntrious Kokious Maximus

In my book, this proves it. Sidious will wield a lightsaber, and will probably engage in serious fighting.

corn

The Moto Dork

Old Post May 27th, 2004 01:38 PM
Click here to Send cornponious a Private Message Find more posts by cornponious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

How about a black one?

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post May 27th, 2004 07:38 PM
Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

There will not be a black lightsaber...if indeed he weilds a lightsaber (which this article pretty much gives out as fact) it will be red.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 07:45 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Nikana

i think it will be red, no doubt he would have his own personal if Yoda the Jedi Master doesn't have his own color. keep with the rule of the Sith in the rule of 2, and the continuity of Sith wielding red sabers.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Darth Nikana a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Nikana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Venom
No ticket!!!!!

Yes but yodi may have wanted a green 1 to mach him

http://www.youtube.com/user/optimuspriime02

Old Post May 27th, 2004 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Darth Venom a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Venom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I think it's already obvious Sidious wields a lightsaber, especially after those Hyperspace photos if indeed, that is his saber.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:23 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corsie

I wonder what his fighting style will be like.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:32 AM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

My guess would be old-style, or maybe something new will be introduced as well.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

That'll be exciting, huh!?! I did read somewhere that McDiarmid said he had far more physically demanding things to do this time round.

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post May 28th, 2004 07:04 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orbob
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a great deal of respect for Ian McDiarmid. Not only is he a true gentleman actor but his character portayal is amazing. Very few people guessed that his 'Senator Palpatine' was in fact the same person as The Emperor when Episode ! first came out!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:20 PM
Click here to Send orbob a Private Message Find more posts by orbob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Ian McDiarmid has done a superb job indeed. I can't wait to see how he adapts to his character when he reveals his identity in Episode 3. That should be exciting to watch.

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 07:44 PM
Corsie

quote:
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Ian McDiarmid has done a superb job indeed. I can't wait to see how he adapts to his character when he reveals his identity in Episode 3. That should be exciting to watch.

SMX
cool
It will definitely be exciting!!!!!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 10:49 PM
Click here to Send Corsie a Private Message Find more posts by Corsie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
orbob
Restricted

Account Restricted

I personally see some sense in the argument that Palpatine is in fact, a changeling.

The crux of this argument being; his unknown origin, his terrible alien appearance in E6 and the subtle introduction of the changeling idea in E2.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 11:45 PM
Click here to Send orbob a Private Message Find more posts by orbob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote