KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Have you ever been arrested?

Have you ever been arrested?
Started by: amity75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
amity75

Have you ever been arrested?

Well, have you?

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:11 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

No, but its been my life long ambition

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:16 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i was read my rights a couple of times back in the day, but never taken in.........*sigh*someday

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:28 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

I got arrested last year after a football game. My boot came off in the crowd leaving the stadium (my lace was undone and it got pulled off when I lifted my foot). Someone picked it up and threw it at a police horse. I went to get it back and was arrested. Handcuffs and everything. They let me out without charge in the morning.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 10:34 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ETK

Nope, never been arrested. Love your signature PVS......priceless!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:26 PM
ETK is currently offline Click here to Send ETK a Private Message Find more posts by ETK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Yup.. I got arrested outside the South African Embassy in London while taking part in a protest against the imprisonment of Nelson Mandela back in the eighties... some prats came up and started throwing stuff at us, and some of our guys stupidly threw stuff back.... I ended up in Chelsea nick for most of the night, but fortunately I was in a cell with a Liberal MP, and when they let him out, he told the police i was with him... he got about ten of us out without us being charged... I found out later that due to this i'd been placed on a list of "known subversives..."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:46 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nope, but i almost did.

On protests they mostly treaten us (students), but rarely arrest us.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:53 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

You protest?

Please tell me your not one of those pretentious hippy protestors who blocks traffic and yells at people for their trivial cause.

Also, no, I have never been arrested.

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 14th, 2004 at 12:01 AM

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:55 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

nope, never been arrested and dont plan to be

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:57 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

I very much hope I never am!

Old Post Oct 13th, 2004 11:57 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
I found out later that due to this i'd been placed on a list of "known subversives..."
I'm impressed and jealous.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:03 AM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
You protest?

Please tell me your not one of those pretentious hippy protestors who blocks traffic and yells at people for their trivial cause.

Also, no, I have never been arrested.

Yeah.
Organized protests do not block traffic here blink
We do it in the center of Lonodn. If you wanna have a big protest, then you do it in centre.

Protested against war in Iraq (since im a member of University Of Brighton Action For Peace). I was one of the 1.5 million on London.

Also protested when George Bush had to come into England! We didnt want him here, and it was a weekend in London - for free!

Went to protest against my tuition fees going up from £1, 225, up to £3, 000 a year. Every University in the country came to Lonodn for a protest, yet tony Blair ignored it all, and still put up the fees.

But 18% of all voters are students, we'll see to it that those 18% of votes do not go to him.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:13 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

mad That bastard!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:13 AM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yeah.
Organized protests do not block traffic here blink
We do it in the center of Lonodn. If you wanna have a big protest, then you do it in centre.

Protested against war in Iraq (since im a member of University Of Brighton Action For Peace). I was one of the 1.5 million on London.

Also protested when George Bush had to come into England! We didnt want him here, and it was a weekend in London - for free!

Went to protest against my tuition fees going up from £1, 225, up to £3, 000 a year. Every University in the country came to Lonodn for a protest, yet tony Blair ignored it all, and still put up the fees.

But 18% of all voters are students, we'll see to it that those 18% of votes do not go to him.

How can having 1.5 million people protesting NOT block traffic? Do you do it in a park or something? (I don't really know what the center of london looks like, so excuse me for asking this)

I only ask because most of the protests around here that I've encountered always get roudy and spill into the street, or sometimes protesters will even block traffic purposely with the intent of not allowing people to continue driving untill people listen to whatever their bullshit cause is.

Or sometimes people will hold a protest in a completely innapropriate place, like protesting abortion outside of a high school, passing out flyers with pictures of aborted fetuses to students walking home, and make themselves look stupid beyond belief.

Of course, the best is when people protesting peace start attacking people who disagree with them or say something mean to them. I saw this on the news once, by far the funniest thing ever. Some guy was walking on the sidewalk and came to their protest, he couldn't get by them because they were takign up the entire sidewalk, so I guess he got mad and said something to them, they ended up jumping him in the name of peace. It was like something right out of South Park.

Protestor's like that give all of them a bad name.

Last edited by BackFire on Oct 14th, 2004 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:19 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nope, you're right, it was a park. Its where many people camped out. Some people stayed there for a while, i think. I dont think they would have allowed people to stand in the middle of the street blocking traffic, cos London is huge and fll of business people who arent to pleased about ''good causes''.

But no, i dont think you're allowed to have a random protest somewhere..? Are you? I dont know. The protest we go to are usually organised by the University.

There were some protests that are blocking traffic, when it was that weird fox hunting protest. Some people even got arrested, it was weird.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:26 AM
BackFire

People seem to do it around here (have random protests) sometimes. It does usually get broken up though.

Protests that block traffic is the worst. Some dumbass is standing in the middle of the street trying to piss people off so they'll listen to his cause, then the idiot gets hit and it's the drivers fault when it's really the dumbasses fault for standing in the street like a damn dog.

Glad to hear your protests aren't the shitty kind.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:29 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Oh yeah, i see what you're talking about.

Nah, i dont think ive seen any random ones ( like abortion or animal testing), but they probably have been.

Im sure those people get arrested, surely they cant just walk in the middle of the street and stop the traffic. blink
Weird.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:32 AM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Oh yeah, i see what you're talking about.

Nah, i dont think ive seen any random ones ( like abortion or animal testing), but they probably have been.

Im sure those people get arrested, surely they cant just walk in the middle of the street and stop the traffic. blink
Weird.

Yeah, they usually get arrested and pushed back on the sidewalk, but not before one of them is run over by a car.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:33 AM
lil bitchiness
-

haha!!

No, thankfully im not one of those people. Those people give bad names to all people who protest. thumb down

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:37 AM
BackFire

Yes, they do.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 12:56 AM