KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Edgar Alan Poe

Edgar Alan Poe
Started by: DarkRaven

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Edgar Alan Poe

Edgar Alan Poe is one of my favourite writers. Is work is so inspiring to me. It's dark and gloomy yet it lives... The Raven and Lenore are two of the many that I love. Do any of you like him?

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 07:10 PM
DarkRaven is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaven a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justjakk
Evil Bunny

melancholy driven lore, and other things that drive you further. i , doth can say, i have much limerick i fancy these words that flow quite rhythmically..

Justjakk in the box altered images Justjakk in the box twisted lyrics

Old Post Apr 13th, 2006 12:29 AM
justjakk is currently offline Click here to Send justjakk a Private Message Find more posts by justjakk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I love Poe, his poetry and stories are almost too perfect, I love the dark gothic the imagery and ideas, very moving and very human.

I too love The Raven, The Fall of the House of Usher and The Tell Tale Heart.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 10:46 AM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

His short story, The Cask of Amontillado, very good story... I really like these lines from The Raven:"And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each purple curtain Thrilled me---filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before", "Deep into the darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before".

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 06:26 PM
DarkRaven is currently offline Click here to Send DarkRaven a Private Message Find more posts by DarkRaven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Good poetry, generally mediocre prose would be my verdict.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 08:33 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JustOwnin

great writer! at first i thought his name was Anger Alan Poe! ahahahawwwww =(

Old Post Apr 14th, 2006 09:53 PM
JustOwnin is currently offline Click here to Send JustOwnin a Private Message Find more posts by JustOwnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Reading it now, I find myself conflicted - on the one hand, I understand what a huge influence he had, and how powerful his imagery is, but because his stuff was wriiten so long ago, it is hard to immerse myself in the stories

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 05:08 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

I can because ever since I was little ( now this may sound stupid) I've benn a bit "dark" but whatever that's just me I can imagine how he felt

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 06:51 PM
JustOwnin

The following is a message from the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be:
I am the greatest DOA player alive. My skillz pass the borders of greatness and magnificent and ascends to levels of that beyond comprehension. Defeating me is like mission impossible, AND NONE OF YOU ARE TOM CRUISE!

For years I've displayed my incredible incredible beyond belief skillz in local tournaments and to whoever thought they could defeat me. Taking out all those who thought they had gual. For years I have been honing my skillz waiting for the moment that will allow me to show the WORLD my power. Now, finally a medium has been created that will allow me to show you my complete unabridged power! Like the pieces of Exodia the forbidden one formed together to create a being of infinite power who's victory cannot be stopped all the tools that will allow me to own you all now exists. Like opening the portal to hell and letting the most horrid of demons step upon earthly soil.

Head these words. These are not boasts nor empty threats! This is not an attempt at trolling nor the words of a uneducated fool who knows nothing about how real DOA is played. My skills are flawless. And to prove it, to affirm my superiority among you fools, I challenge EVERY SINGLE GOD DAMNED ONE OF YOU to a game of Dead Or Alive Ultimate.
Is there any who thinks that they can defeat me? Is there any man who has the gual to think that they could even comprehend my power muchless match it?
If I said I was challenging the best of the best and the greatest of the greatest I'd be talking about playing my self. So instead I say bring it... so I can sling.
Team KMC... you have unleashed a monster. A wolf left to deal with meer sheep. None shall defeat me!
So come, if you think can defeat me. Come, if you think you can step to me. Come, if you think you have what it takes.

battling it out on the daily over xbox live.

I come here, looking for a contender. Looking for a challenge. So that I can state my claim. And what do I find... NOTHING!

I see there is none brave enough to accept my challenge. None powerful enough to hope to defeat me.

As soon as I heard about this games release I began training even harder than usual. Using both state-of-the-art and unorthodox training proceedings. I was already the best, but when I heard about internet play I was compelled to get stronger. Compelled to grow stronger! Compelled to train hard!

Even though I can defeat everyone I play with utter ease and skill (i'm in chicago by the way) it is not simply because I beat people that I kNOW I'm the best. It is because of ease of my movement. The grace of my counters. The fierceness of my combos. The grace of my technique, and the innateness of my superiority that I kNOW I am the best.

That's why I waited to close to the release date to let my incredible skill be knowned. To warn you all of the tornado known as JustOwnin that is coming. So that you all can prepare... for the fight of your lives.

Be a fool and doubt my skillz now if it makes you sleep better but know this: MY SKILLZ ARE FLAWLESS!

Let us examine the word flawless for a second. The dictionary.com definition of flawless is, "Being entirely without flaw or imperfection. " That exact definition defines my skills. Which means that if there is any flaw in your game, any imperfection or weakness that exists within your psyche. Then you simply can't win.

Only the flawless can beat the flawless and the fearless defeats the brave.
GAMETAGE: JustOwnin

Old Post Apr 17th, 2006 11:59 PM
JustOwnin is currently offline Click here to Send JustOwnin a Private Message Find more posts by JustOwnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

May we please go back to the original topic which should I add was Edgar Alan Poe NOT XBOX Live....

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 05:55 PM
stormtrooper501
Bounty Hunter

JustOwnin, you have problems. Obviously you are extremely conceited and you don't seem to understand that this is a poetry thread. No one cares how good you are at DOA. I'd own you on Halo 2. I'm not saying I'm the best because I am sure there are other many other people that could beat me. However, braggers like you are never as good as you say you are. Why not compliment someone else on how good they are at something instead of talking about yourself. Besides, everyone knows that no one and no thing is flawless or perfect.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2006 06:08 PM
stormtrooper501 is currently offline Click here to Send stormtrooper501 a Private Message Find more posts by stormtrooper501 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Addiction

There's a book coming out about May 23 called "The Poe Shadow" by Matthew Pearl about "the strange circumstances surrounding the death of Edgar Allan Poe" (Booklist). Matthew Pearl wrote the amazing "The Dante Club", now one of my favorites. So I'm really looking forward to what he does with the death of Poe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...5Fencoding=UTF8

Old Post Apr 20th, 2006 07:15 AM
Addiction is currently offline Click here to Send Addiction a Private Message Find more posts by Addiction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

Are you serious? That is so cool is the relaese date National or just regional? Cuz I don't know where you are but I'm in Cali.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 05:56 PM
Addiction

Should be national. That is the release date according to Amazon. (I'm in North Carolina)

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 06:27 PM
Addiction is currently offline Click here to Send Addiction a Private Message Find more posts by Addiction Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkRaven
Dark Witch

So far away.... but yeah thanx. I'll check... Barnes & Noble maybe.... do you guys have B&N out there? Just wondering....

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 06:41 PM
Addiction

we sure do smile

Old Post Apr 21st, 2006 07:50 PM
JustOwnin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by stormtrooper501
JustOwnin, you have problems. Obviously you are extremely conceited and you don't seem to understand that this is a poetry thread. No one cares how good you are at DOA. I'd own you on Halo 2. I'm not saying I'm the best because I am sure there are other many other people that could beat me. However, braggers like you are never as good as you say you are. Why not compliment someone else on how good they are at something instead of talking about yourself. Besides, everyone knows that no one and no thing is flawless or perfect.
You are right and for that I apologize for spamming on this thread! I am not taking back what I have said because I am the best at that game! Don’t believe me? Then challenge me! GAMETAG: JustOwnin You don’t play the game? Then find someone you know who does. Believe it or not I actually got some challenges from users who are in these forums and they all lost! *chuckles* I have been doing such things in many forums for a while now and so far i havent lost not even one game! I don't give a damn if people who say i am just full of shit because at the very end when i beat them they know i am the best at DOA!

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 07:53 AM
JustOwnin

To get back on topic:

In one of his first poetic art works; one of his characters, I believe it was Kilik who once asked the question, "Listen, Can you hear my soul scream?!" This is all vaguely to me so i am not sure. =/ Anyway, I found that line very moving and wicked.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 07:59 AM
Addiction

sounds more like Soul Calibur than Edgar Allen Poe to me...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 09:10 AM
JustOwnin

hey man just TRYING to get back on topic! sad

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 09:17 AM