KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FIFTH ASSIGNMENT- 'The Pagoda'

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FIFTH ASSIGNMENT- 'The Pagoda'
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (38): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006 FIFTH ASSIGNMENT- 'The Pagoda'

Step by step, the Virus makes his way towards the City.

Agents keep coming at him. The System is in emergency mode now; Agents are taking any form of transport- with people within- and driving it out out the city towards the mountains, in order to try and get as many people onto the Virus as possible. A bus lays nearby, each person inside having been overwritten by an Agent and then killed.

The Virus waits once more. He is patient. He does not attack the Agents, he waits for them to attack him. His programming undoes the Agent's attack modes; he can see the weakness within each and can exploit it when they come, until the window comes where he can kill their host body. If necessary, he waits until the effect of the Virus weakens the host. The longer the fight goes on, the happier the Virus is.

He has been fighting his way to the City for hours now. he is out of the mountains, with only the countryside to cover. The best efforts of the System are slowing him, but his progress is inevitable.

If he reaches the City, every Human will die.

---

Whup-whup-whup-whup-whup

The blades of the Osprey turn over and over, biting at the air to give your vehicle the lift need to propel you towards your target.

Sennacherib said that the viral shield needs to be taken to a Pagoda to be found to the north of the Fortress. The Pagoda is an access point for the Matrix's weather control system. There you must meet the weather contro programme. His name is Melitus, and that is a name spoken with... interest by all of those who were on Dallas' last mission.

Those that were on the Philosophy Path are dying. The rush of adrenaline and mental attitude has staved off their symptoms, as Sennacherib said it would. Whilst their physical bodies fade, their self-images have not yet caught up. But with this reprieve comes a faster death sentence- the adrenaline speeds the work of the Virus, and so although symptomns are ignored now, death will come sooner.

It seems to manifest, mostly, in a horrible backing cough that brings up vblood. other than the noise of the rotors, a cacaphonous coughing is what can be heard.

"Ok," says Dallas, over the phone from the Shez's operator chair. "Pagoda, pagoda..." he says, staring at the lines of green code. He presses a button, and all the screens go completely blank. He waits a moment.

"Yup, I see it," says Dallas. "Y'all just carry on as you are." He hangs up and scrambles for a headset. "Finn... how do I turn these things back on?"

Azrael sits on his own in the corner. He is sicker than the others, but it is not just that. he is not looking happy with anyone.

---

Here we go then guys, the final Assignment. Like last time, this one is shorter than the others as all we are interested in is wrapping the whole deal up. Still, there is time for a few other aspects to be looked at first- I am sure some of you are interested in what Melitus has to say.

Right now... I think it is time you guys talked and preapred. The two Paths have been separated for a while, and perhaps people need to be filled in about what the bloody hell is going on and why...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 11:49 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

(I am guessing Combat-y people don't know yet what happened when Philo guys went back to Sennacherib...)

"What happened with you guys back there in the Fortress?" San asks the Philo people.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:18 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Berserker coughs up some blood, "Well we had a situation involving a nasty Virus, a deranged General, and something out of a B rated Movie."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:22 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Well, we know already about the Virus..."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Yep that is definitely going into my list of things never to do again."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:36 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Well, I know sentinels are definitely on my list of things I never want to see again..."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:40 PM
Lord Melkor

"Sennacherib is most likely dead, after we convinced him to help us, his own servants turned against him. He told us about the Pagoda and that we need to take the antidote to the weather control programme. His name is Melitus, it seems that some of you know him from the past." -Melkor speaks, trying to overcome his illness.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:53 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Yep thats sums it up perfect..."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:56 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"I though you guys destroyed Melitus before all this happened..." Hawk says, speaking to the older crew members.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 04:51 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

"We didn't do squat to the old man, the agents came before we could do anything. I guess they gave him a reprieve..." Cloud says, suddenly remembering something, "I seem to remember seeing something about an antidote in a weather control system before I was freed... I think it was a movie sequel to a tv series or something... This place sure works in mysterious ways, huh?"

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 05:38 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

"That's the..." Heph tries to say, but ends up hacking up his lungs with the vicious cough. He clears his throat, but only triggers another cough. "That's the Matrix for you," he finally says.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 05:56 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Klez watches the passing landscape, coughing every once and awhile, surprised that he is not the most ill.

"Every Agent that we had run from in the Monastery," Klez tells them, "was destroyed by the Virus. It was absolutely astounding. I'd never seen anything like it! Sennacherib was a genius..."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 05:58 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"You never met Neo," Mors responds to Klez.

Mors watches helplessly as the men and women they just rescued, his friends and fellow soldiers, cough themselves to death.

"Is there nothing we can do to stop the Virus?" Mors asks. He holds the vial containing the Cure in one hand, before slipping it into his coat pocket.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:00 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Ares just keeps on piloting.

"The only thing we did to Mel was to expose his shit," Ares replies. "His whole building was invisible in the Matrix until Ariadne hacked us a new way of looking at things. And then we showed the System."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:06 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"So you ruined his little private resort huh I wonder how willing he would be to help us now and as for your question Mors as far as the King said once you are infected there is no cure."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:18 PM
Lord Melkor

"It is hard to accept that you are dying, isn`t it?"- Melkor tries to laugh through his bloodcough.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:21 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

"You're not gonna die..." Cloud says in a cheerful manner, with an unfounded confidence, he still doesn't know the truth "If we could hold off an army of sentinals without too much of a problem, we can get you guys fixed right up."

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:26 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

"Hey I'm fine with it not everyday you get to save the whole human and machine race from utter destruction." Berserker lets out a hearty laugh although it ends with just as hearty a cough.

He regains himself and adds "Besides we have more important things to talk about so is this Mel guy gonna be nice or mean when we get to him?"

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:31 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Who knows. Melitus never seemed to think anything was more than a game, at least that's how it seemed to me. And hey, getting out of weird situations seems to be our thing."

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 08:55 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Mors sighs. "Let's hope we continue to be lucky. Otherwise..."

He cuts himself off in mid-sentence and goes to San.

"I think we should talk to Azrael," he whispers to her, making sure none can hear him. "He seems rather...out-of-it. Moreso than the others."

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 09:00 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote