KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Does Anyone Read Terry Pratchett???

Does Anyone Read Terry Pratchett???
Started by: Syren

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Syren
dreaming

Worried Does Anyone Read Terry Pratchett???

I understand that his writing is an acquired taste, but I absolutely adore his style of writing, and I was wondering if any of you like him too, or perhaps don't, and why?

Also, favourite books of his, for those who read his work?

Gotta say mine are Maskerade, & Night Watch.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 11:39 AM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

I love terry pratchett! Have you read any of his recent ones? Wee Free Men is very good, as is Monstrous Regiment ((his latest two))

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 11:47 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Fraid I don't read Terry Pratchett... read his books, though!!! Met the man twice... he's very polite, friendly, and entertaining, and not afraid of hats... I especially like Small Gods... and Mort... and Colour of magic... and ..... (insert title of any Pratchett book here)

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 10:25 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

Hey hey, I got my copy of Maskerade signed by the author. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 01:38 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Terry Pratchett told me I have a real collectors item.... a copy of Mort which he DIDN'T sign!!!

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 11:36 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I read hiss stuff. His first books are pretty rough around the edges, but he's very funny. I especially likes Interesting Times.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 02:33 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

oh god i LOVE terry pratchett!! his sense of humour is just perfect big grin

my fave book i s mort big grinbig grin go, death, go!

i'm really hyper today, excuse me

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 01:12 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

Terry Pratchett!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2004 06:01 PM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I haven't read any of his discworld books for a few years but I used to love the ones I've read. I like his other books like Strata and Truckers with the gnomes in! big grin

Old Post Apr 12th, 2004 09:39 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

Read a few of his books, but the only one which really made an impression was Good Omens, which he wrote with Neil Gaiman. That's brilliant.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:07 PM
Line is currently offline Click here to Send Line a Private Message Find more posts by Line Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

I'm reading 'the science of discworld' right now. it ROCKS. I mean... WOW.

o.O

can anyone tell me where can i find Discworld books online?

Old Post May 14th, 2004 11:08 AM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

eek!

So, I take it he's popular then? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Still loving him over here big grin

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 16th, 2004 02:17 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jerico
Generic Badguy

My favourite has to be the Guards series, Guards! Guards! Nightwatch etc etc. (nightwatch actually had serious bits that made me have feelings and stuff) love the bit where he uses the dragon as a firearm.. hehe.

Yes it's good stuff people. I think Eric/Faust made me laugh the most out of all his though. Actually laughing out loud getting funny looks from poeple laughing.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 05:31 PM
Jerico is currently offline Click here to Send Jerico a Private Message Find more posts by Jerico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Lol i love the Rincewind series he's sucha poor little loser. and Death of course. Actually i liked Mort the most, cuz of Death and ALbert.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 08:50 PM
rinoa

my fav char has to be nanny ogg she rules i so want to be like that when im old they did a cook book by her which is quite good. The wee free men are also very funny i loved them in lords and ladies. Has anyone read the continuation of wee free men (cant remeber what its called) if so what happens

(edited) Hat full of sky its called

Last edited by rinoa on May 19th, 2004 at 10:14 AM

Old Post May 19th, 2004 10:12 AM
rinoa is currently offline Click here to Send rinoa a Private Message Find more posts by rinoa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I have only read one book, and the was the last hero. But i got a couple of his books, and they are on my list to read, its just my list is very big.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 05:06 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

quote:
Originally posted by rinoa
my fav char has to be nanny ogg she rules i so want to be like that when im old they did a cook book by her which is quite good. The wee free men are also very funny i loved them in lords and ladies. Has anyone read the continuation of wee free men (cant remeber what its called) if so what happens

(edited) Hat full of sky its called

you'd actually LIKE to be Gytha Ogg? eek! Huge, old anf fat, with only one tooth left, drunk all the time, having dozens of children? HGood luck, mate big grin

I'd love to own Greebo though big grin

Old Post May 31st, 2004 07:29 PM
Syren
dreaming

OMG, that cat is amazing!

I'd love to have a pet like him, though, I guess if he heard me call him a pet he'd go all freaky on me confused

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 31st, 2004 11:30 PM
Gaca
KATIUSHA

Syren.. think about his HUMAN form wink

*cough cough*

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 08:02 AM
Syren
dreaming

I did whistle

Silly stick out tongue

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jun 1st, 2004 12:22 PM