KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The KMC Flavor-of-the-Week Thread

The KMC Flavor-of-the-Week Thread
Started by: SpunkySmurph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

The KMC Flavor-of-the-Week Thread

Well, I'm sure I'm not the only one who notices, mostly on the versus forums, the common trends that go in and out. Right now I'm noticing a lot of Despero, and the occaisional Illuminati, which is more attention then it normally gets. Probably due to the upcoming series and the newest group (which pwns all others smile )

Of course, we get these things every now and then, and people pick up on it. Somebody comes up with a good idea, people want to try him out in different situations, or they smack their heads and think "Damn, why didnt I think of that?"

So, I made this little thread to talk about the most recent trends.

I wonder who's the biggest trend-setter?

Maybe Golem... but half the time I'm too lazy to click on all his links.

Personally, in my own little world, I like to think I set all the trends.

I'll just assume you all agree.

Despero will be on the way out though, I think, as the tourney moves along.

What's next?
Discuss. cool

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:12 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

What's next?

The team of Impossible Man and Beak.

They'll be fighting everyone.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:19 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Despero's only the current flavor because we haven't had round 3 of the drafts yet. Some new controversial (or awesome) pick will take over next week.

Heck, I think leo's current Majestic vs. Thor thread is due to me talkin' up my boy (Majestic, our 2nd round pick) in a recent PM to him.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:22 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos is definately flavor of the week. Seems like everyone is rabid to find someone to beat him, and people are pissed it's not Big Blue.

Despero might be the next one, and it was Flash when I got here.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:25 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Despero's only the current flavor because we haven't had round 3 of the drafts yet. Some new controversial (or awesome) pick will take over next week.

Heck, I think leo's current Majestic vs. Thor thread is due to me talkin' up my boy (Majestic, our 2nd round pick) in a recent PM to him.

You picked Majestic? Good pick! The guy's crazy powerful!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:26 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Thanos is definately flavor of the week. Seems like everyone is rabid to find someone to beat him, and people are pissed it's not Big Blue.

Despero might be the next one, and it was Flash when I got here.

True enough.

People like Thanos, Flash, Wolverine, Batman, etc. are always common though. It's like the KMC Comics offical flavour.

EDIT: Hah! A 'Doomsday vs. Despero' thread was JUST created.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:30 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Funny thing is, sometimes it isn't even a flavor of the week. We'll see flavor of the days, flavor of the afternoon's, flavor of the hours. And later that same day? They'll be washed off the front page.

I was responsible for the slew of Iron Fist threads a while back - bumping older ones like crazy, just because I liked the character and hadn't seen a thread with him in a while.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:33 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...the-week-thread

no expression

And Pheonix, Flash, and Wolverine seem to make the biggest appearences. Even guys like Superman, Spidey, and Bats have steady output, but never really become "flavors"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

It usually happens when either a) someone makes a new respect thread which shows a lot of high-end showings, b) a new and relatively powerful character is introduced, c) a character has just had a very high showing, d) when a character gains an upgrade, or e) a combination of the above.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:39 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Soljer
Funny thing is, sometimes it isn't even a flavor of the week. We'll see flavor of the days, flavor of the afternoon's, flavor of the hours. And later that same day? They'll be washed off the front page.

I was responsible for the slew of Iron Fist threads a while back - bumping older ones like crazy, just because I liked the character and hadn't seen a thread with him in a while.

Yeah, but those don't sound as good as 'flavor of the week' stick out tongue

Anyways, Despero has been around for a while, and garnered enough popularity to stick around, though probably until either Majestic takes over (which, judging by the most recent thread, seems likely), or until the new drafts for BD's tourney.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:40 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

...speaking of Despero...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...-strength-feats

Nice thread by the way Spunky. thumb up

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 05:59 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by DigiMark007
...speaking of Despero...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...-strength-feats

Nice thread by the way Spunky. thumb up

Thanks, Digi. wink

I figured, we all notice the trends, and because their changing alot, hey, iit might even last. smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 06:04 AM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

To be fair though I think the Illuminati band wagon is justified as the comic does indeed rock yes

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 06:56 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by willRules
To be fair though I think the Illuminati band wagon is justified as the comic does indeed rock yes

Yeah. It's justified enough. But I doubt it will last that long. Perhaps raise the Illuminati's rep/popularity more, but soon enough there will be another trend.

BD's tourney's next draft is Thursday. I bet there arre a lot of good ideas for character picks floating around.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 08:33 PM
Smurph
------

I'm detecting a more-then-usual amount of Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister attention.

And I'm predicting that, thanks to Evangel's latest battlescan thread, there are gonna be a new crop of War Hulk threads

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 06:10 PM
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

What's up with the rising amount of Hulk fanboys?

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 08:35 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Apoc is getting pretty popular.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 08:54 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Apoc is getting pretty popular.

yeah i agree with that! i have noticed the same myself

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:16 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

I've never understood how a character that sucked as much as Apocalypse could still manage to garner a loyal fanbase.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:20 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

yeah, there are lots of characters like that! however i think apoc has potential to be a good character just bad writing imo

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:51 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote