KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Gamora-The most dangerous woman in the Universe

Respect Gamora-The most dangerous woman in the Universe
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthgoober

Respect Gamora-The most deadly woman in the Universe

Ok, the time has come to pay respect o the most deadly woman in the Universe(and dubbed so by Thanos no less) Gamora.

Here is Gamora at 15, taking out one of Thanos’s combat droids with ease…

(please log in to view the image)

And here she is(still at 15) taking on a gang of ruffians on an alien world…

Now skipping forward a while to her early appearances, Gamora demonstrates the ability to remain unaffected by reality distortion from the Magus, which actually had Warlock(with the soul gem) all screwed up…

Now skipping forward in time again, this is a battle between her and Drax while in the Soul Gem. It should be noted, that Drax’s power was significantly increased while in the Soul World, to the point that he was completely oblivious to a shot from Surfer, and was giving Warlock a good fight in the next issue(Warlock is more power by FAR while within the Soul World).

Surfers efforts against Drax, and Gamora’s explanation of it…

And now GAMORA’S confrontation with Drax…

Bit of a difference, huh? Drax DID end up winning that fight(with one shot in fact), but it’s still anything but a bad showing for Gamora, considering Drax’s power up from being within the Soul World.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:04 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Alright, so now we move on to what most consider the “Classic” Gamora. This is after her resurrection by Warlock.

Here’s her sticking taking it to Drax a couple of times….

This one’s pretty cool. This is here taking out a United Nations invasion fleet. (Most of this fight is off panel, but it’s still cool as Hell,. especially if you take into consideration that it took her 8 minutes to accomplish(including the tanks). How’s THAT for a speed feet? (the first scan is just to give you an idea of how many soldiers were present).

Here’s what happens when she tries to negotiate for them to leave…

What I find particularly interesting, is that the army ALREADY has her classified at Spiderman level strength when they get there, but the guy suggest updating that to Ironman level strength in the last scan. (Notice the torn up tanks?)

Here’s another instance of her taking on a large group of people all by her lonesome. This one’s a mob of aliens that are being controlled by a Thanos clone. She’s not even worried until the clone starts blasting at her from afar.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:05 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Here’s her first tango with Maxam(a 100+ character). Of course she doesn’t WIN this one actually, but it’s Maxam’s first appearance, so he had to be taken down by Warlock.

Here’s another fight between the two(she didn’t like him very much).

Right after that it got broken up by Drax going bats shit, but she was EASILY holding her own in that fight.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:07 PM
darthgoober

Here is a showing for her often neglected healing factor. (Please note that she’s distracted when Wolverine tags her with his claws).

Now to anyone who wants to try to say that Wolverine didn’t use his claws please pay careful attention to the third scan(where Maxam talks about the mess, and Wolverine being a cold blooded crazy), and the last scan(where Wolverine actually comments on how her healing factor must be as good as his). So you never actually see the claws, but it’s fairly well demonstrated. Also note, that she’s actually getting up at the same time he is in the forth scan(he’s up a little before her, but he took a shot to the head, and she took his claws to her stomach, so I’d agree that they’re about even).

Here’s her and the Watch taking on the Asgardians while on their way to deliver Thor to Odin. Once again, she’s doing fine until one of them catches her from behind while she’s distracted.

Here’s a couple of one shots against heroes….

(Night Thrasher)

(Rage)

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:08 PM
darthgoober

Alright, here’s her using a pressure point attack against Thing…

(Yes I know he was being held at the time, but after all you’ve seen do you honestly doubt that the opening wouldn’t have presented itself during a fight between the two?)

Here’s the big battle from the Infinity War.

Her beating on Rogue and giving a good shot to She-Hulk…

You don’t see much of her in that fight because of this…

Wolverine tackling her from behind

And then him AND Guardian holding her, while Strong Guy delivers the Coup de Grace.

(I just felt the need to show those last to scans so that no onw would wonder why there wasn’t more from that fight when she started off doing so well.)

And of course, her classic fight with Thanos. (Yes their sparing, but it doesn’t look like either are holding back much.)

Keep in mind that everything that I’ve shown you up until now was the “Classic” version of Gamora BEFORE her recent upgrade.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:09 PM
darthgoober

Alright we’re at the home stretch. This is her since her upgrade in Annihilation.

This is just some bug things she tangled with, but at the very least it shows that she’s still a bad ass.

Her fight with Terrax. (Most of this fight happened off panel because of everything else going on, but the end result is the same. However, you may have to spend a bit of time looking for them because of all the action.)

And now the big one, her fight with Ronan the Accuser. (This guy takes on people like Surfer and Thor on a daily basis.)

Cont. on next post….

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:10 PM
darthgoober

….Cont. from previous post.

Now I should say, that she was seen again a page or to later and she was also pretty tore up. But considering that Ronan had to max out his Universal Weapon for the first time ever(he never did it against Surfer or Thor), that fight really says something for her abilities.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:10 PM
darthgoober

I forgot a couple of things.

This is her Nova Corps file. Keep in mind, that this file is obviously out of date, because it list no significant powers on her part(which I’ve already shown is BS). But what you SHOULD notice though, is that by the Nova Corps estimate, she has equal mastery of armed and unarmed techniques from AT LEAST 83.4% of known space faring cultures. So I think that puts here ahead of folks like Captain America, Daredevil, and Wolverine by quite a bit. Check it out….

And here’s her(Classic) and the rest of the Watch fighting against some Asgardian Trolls. And (like usual) she is kickin ass until they catch her from behind…

Last edited by darthgoober on Dec 5th, 2006 at 12:17 PM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 12:15 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Glad to finally see this thread. Gamora is one of the most underrated characters in Marvel IMO. She kicks serious ass!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 09:51 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Glad to finally see this thread. Gamora is one of the most underrated characters in Marvel IMO. She kicks serious ass!

Yeah, I'd like to see someone take a look at this and try to say that Wolverine has a chance in a strait up fight with her.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2006 10:03 PM
Bald Bugger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shes cool. Logan gets pwned. Dumb fanboys.

Sig by Pittman
Scoobs bald b*tch

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 09:26 AM
Bald Bugger is currently offline Click here to Send Bald Bugger a Private Message Find more posts by Bald Bugger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by celestialdemon

Underrated ? The "most deadly woman in the universe" is underrated ?

Overrated I'd say.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 09:34 AM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Overrated I'd say.

How do you figure she's Overrated? Until a few days ago, people were acting like Wolverine had a legitimate chance against her.

(And "The most dangerous woman in the universe" was a titile given to her by Thanos.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 04:03 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Kid Kurdy

Overrated I'd say.

There are more dangerous/destructive women, to be sure.

But what woman is quite as skilled or as bad ass in close quarters combat as Gamora?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 8th, 2006 04:31 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hehe....I was thinking about adding to this since I've been scouring my Warlock stuff for the tourney, but I think everything I was going to add is already here. Nice job though.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Like, honestly, she got beaten by Wolverine once I believe.

Isn't that hilarious?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2006 06:24 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by long pig
Like, honestly, she got beaten by Wolverine once I believe.

Isn't that hilarious?

Excellent thread, Goober.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 01:07 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Way to make a Gamora fan out of me, Goober. smile

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 03:52 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I'm seriously impressed. In terms of combat skill, she's probably #1 under guys like the Heralds.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 10:43 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I think im a fan as well.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 07:28 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote