KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Final Fantasy XIII

New screens have arisen from the highly anticipated Final Fantasy XIII for the next-gen PS3.

(please log in to view the image)

And, apparently they're making a sequel to FFXIII already, titled at the moment as "FF Versus XIII":

quote:
At Square Enix's press conference at E3 in Los Angeles, the company officially announced Final Fantasy XIII for the PlayStation 3. Square Enix then proceeded to show a trailer from the game, in which a female protagonist is seen flying around a city. Video shown in the trailer was entirely realtime except for a short sequence of rendered footage showing a train -- our "Away Team" who saw the trailer said it looked "incredible", and will be reporting back further details after the SCE conference today at 4PM PST.

The game is being created by the same team behind Final Fantasy X. The game runs on the "White Engine", an all-new exclusive next-gen engine built for Square Enix's future games. It was originally planned for the PlayStation 2 but was later moved to the PS3. This game is part of the three-part saga, Fabula Nova Crystallis FF XIII, which also includes a cellphone prequel RPG and another PS3 title called FF Versus XIII, an action game by the makers of Kingdom Hearts.

Sources: IGN and IGN

No doubt more information is to come, and the trailer will most likely show up online within the next few days as well.

I myself am looking forward to this game, and most likely will base my decision on my next-gen console purchase on this game. Even knowing no plot about the game, I already can tell that this is going to be a great game.

Thoughts?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 03:39 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

*fangirlish squee*

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 9th, 2006 03:41 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shroons

omg! sweet!

Old Post May 9th, 2006 03:45 AM
Shroons is currently offline Click here to Send Shroons a Private Message Find more posts by Shroons Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It would be better if they'd upload screen caps from the actual gameplay. These are from the prerendered sequence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:01 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

One thing about Square -- they tend to be very careful with what info goes out. Images from movie sequences tend to draw people in initially more than those from battle sequences -- they look nicer for one, and can give a hint of the storyline for the game.

Square is also notorious for delays, so whenever this game is projected to be released, I'd reccomend adding 6 months to a year to that date.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:07 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:23 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LanceWindu
It would be better if they'd upload screen caps from the actual gameplay. These are from the prerendered sequence. roll eyes (sarcastic)

These are supposed to be straight screens from actual gameplay. One was from a cinema.

And Versus isn't a sequel, really. It's an action game set in the same world that may very well come out at the same time as FFXIII.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yeah, just re-read that. It could be a sequel in the loosest of terms, but yeah, they could be released very close together, as it's part of a trilogy... still isn't right that one of the games is a cell phone game, though. erm

Old Post May 9th, 2006 04:31 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by BackFire
These are supposed to be straight screens from actual gameplay. One was from a cinema.

And Versus isn't a sequel, really. It's an action game set in the same world that may very well come out at the same time as FFXIII.

I already saw this in action, from playing other FF games and knowing how the presentation is "in game"...what was shown was a lot of cinematic.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 05:25 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well it was said by square that these were directly in game screenshots, except for one.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 05:42 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hadn't even heard of these Final Fantasy games.

Seems like they're wasting no time.

Originally posted by BackFire
Well it was said by square that these were directly in game screenshots, except for one.

Do you believe that.

I can see how the one with the screen info. could be an actual in game shot but I'm not sure about the others.

The first pic got me thinking it was a male but the 2 underneath the first one looks female.

is it comprehensible.....

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:35 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well.. it 'looks' nice.. but god.. how many FF's ? lol..

I would most enjoy to see this in motion though.. judging from that it would be like putting advent children on , and someone hands you a controller

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:38 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Originally posted by InnerRise
I hadn't even heard of these Final Fantasy games.

Seems like they're wasting no time.

Do you believe that.

I can see how the one with the screen info. could be an actual in game shot but I'm not sure about the others.

The first pic got me thinking it was a male but the 2 underneath the first one looks female.

Yeah, I believe it. This is how next gen games are going to look soon. Take a look at the game Crysis coming out for the PC next year. The PS3 will be capable of graphics just as good as that, and maybe better. These screens from FFXIII are believable.

Also keep in mind that they're taken on a HDTV witht he best possible picture quality.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:49 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you know which one is the Rendered one?

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:54 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Probably the top one, the close up of the face. That's my guess anyways.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 06:57 AM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well if these are in game shots then the PS3 will far surpass the Xbox360, at least right now anyway with the graphics Xbox 360 has displayed thus far.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 07:32 AM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

I've been looking for something sweet since Advent Children. I like the sharper graphics and modelling.

I also like that the characters are dressed appropriately. The whole skank outfits drove me away from X-2.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 07:23 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Ohmigawd!!! eek! That totally now another thing to put on the 'Waiting For' List

Old Post May 9th, 2006 07:44 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

**** THIS SHIT embarrasment square enix you suck, why is this all on ps3 why not the nintendo wii? Oh my john you really suck square

:O

Old Post May 9th, 2006 08:49 PM
luffyjin is currently offline Click here to Send luffyjin a Private Message Find more posts by luffyjin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

They look pre-rendered to me...

But still pretty.

Old Post May 9th, 2006 09:45 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote