KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why our country ignores Alexander Hamilton?

Why our country ignores Alexander Hamilton?
Started by: Czarina_Czarina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed Why our country ignores Alexander Hamilton?

He's most consistant in character, so why do we hate him? I think well of Jefferson (but he wasn't consistant in his character), but Hamilton should be the role model for our nation.

1. He was one of the signers of the U.S. Constitution
2. He brought us the Federal Bank
3. He brought us the stock and bond market
4. He put his OWN INCOME into the Federal Bank
5. He advocated rights for African Americans (info found on video link)
6. He never owned slaves (which doesn't make him a good man YET, but the reason why is what makes him a great character). He thought it was inefficient and didn't allow ppl who had talents to use it well and promotes indigents. (info found on video link)
7. As an attorney, he never charged large fees, and would do work for free if the person couldn't afford it. (info found on video link)
8. He read the a law like a novel and would read Ancient Roman history in Latin (most of the founding fathers read/xscribed Latin). (info found on video link)
9. He left public office in debt and would often have to borrow money, the same money system he created. (info found on video link)
10. And I think he started the Republican Party.
11. He was shot to death by Burr in a dual.

Why do we hate him?

George Washington was born out of wedlock too. But he's exalted.

He was accused of being a son of a mulatto or whore in the Caribbean.
I think he had Jewish background or some sort of Jewish education.

If I am wrong about any of this info, please let me know.

WHY DO WE HATE HIM? HE FOUNDED SO MUCH FOR US!

CONSTITUTION
FEDERAL PAPERS
TREASURY
ABOLISH SLAVERY - and he had good reasons related to expounding a person's TALENT not color caste.

Hamilton is to History/economics as Tesla is to innovation.

Any information that I borrowed from the link below is in brackets as (info found on video link). That's just to save you time and to recognize that I didn't have previous knowledge of that info before watching the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0iJ8AMA-Q

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Oct 7th, 2007 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:16 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

(15 min passed...couldn't edit.. ran out of time)

dual=duel

this link is funny, what if Hamilton knew the Matrix? (in other words, if you know the matrix, you can go back in time and change things)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSzD...nder%20Hamilton

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Oct 7th, 2007 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 03:41 PM
Czarina_Czarina is currently offline Click here to Send Czarina_Czarina a Private Message Find more posts by Czarina_Czarina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Czarina_Czarina
(15 min passed...couldn't edit.. ran out of time)

Once again. Get your thoughts together and write them down in one post.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 04:30 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

So were plenty of other people. Let's make them the greatest hero of the United States... Or not...

So he created a national bank, like so many other people in so many other country's did before him. Hardly something to admire him about. And if it is, change the name of the bank to his name.

Again, taking an invention of another country and putting it in your own because you have seen that it works elsewhere does not make you a great person it just makes you mildly intelligent.

Wow, well that certainly makes him great. Weren't there people that died for the United States? Fought for it, paid an incredible price? I would rate that far more important then putting some money in some bank.

Something to admire him for, not to make him the greatest American ever for though.

6. He never owned slaves (which doesn't make him a good man YET, but the reason why is what makes him a great character). He thought it was inefficient and didn't allow ppl who had talents to use it well and promotes indigents. (info found on video link)

This sentence makes no sense, he didn't allow people with talents to use them? What was he a communist? Anyways, him not using slaves because he thought it was inefficient does not make him a good person, it makes him somebody that looks at the economical side of an issue.

7. As an attorney, he never charged large fees, and would do work for free if the person couldn't afford it. (info found on video link)

How much did George Washington get for fighting the English? Certainly not the crown of the United States, and correct me if I'm wrong but he was offered something like that wasn't he? Certainly that's more impressive then not charging huge fees.

8. He read the a law like a novel and would read Ancient Roman history in Latin (most of the founding fathers read/xscribed Latin). (info found on video link)

Right, let's make somebody far more important then he was because he could read Latin... Who gives a damn, hardly makes him a better person and it definitely does not make him more important for the United States. It just shows he was educated.

9. He left public office in debt and would often have to borrow money, the same money system he created. (info found on video link)

Yeah, great going let's honor him because he was poor... What is this? Honor somebody because he wasn't your stereotype rich white guy? Also based on the previous points you made this kind of makes him an idiot.

You think he did something like possibly start a political party, and that is reason to think of him as the best American ever?

This point is even more idiotic then all the others combined. He didn't die for his country he didn't die to save the people he loved he died in a freaking bar.

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Oct 7th, 2007 06:04 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Fishy

So were plenty of other people. Let's make them the greatest hero of the United States... Or not...

Uhh...she wasn't making a case for him being a hero, she was making a case for him to not be hated so much. She was trying to bring him from a negative status to a positive status...not a positive status to a hero status.

So he created a national bank, like so many other people in so many other country's did before him. Hardly something to admire him about. And if it is, change the name of the bank to his name.

Yes, it is something to be admired, greatly so. This is a fantastic achievement.

Again, taking an invention of another country and putting it in your own because you have seen that it works elsewhere does not make you a great person it just makes you mildly intelligent.

[Sarcasm]Yeah because people were designing and implementing major financial systems left and right back in his day. Hardly something to be admired.[/Sarcasm]

"Mildly intelligent"? I am fairly sure that his IQ was well above average.

Yeah, great going let's honor him because he was poor... What is this? Honor somebody because he wasn't your stereotype rich white guy? Also based on the previous points you made this kind of makes him an idiot.

Far from an idiot, more like a victim of his own financial ideologies. It is quite easy to fall for the silent trap known as debt. How many extremely intelligent and well educated individuals do you know that have debt?

You think he did something like possibly start a political party, and that is reason to think of him as the best American ever?

"What is the Federalist Party. I'll take 18th century philosophy for $500 please."

This point is even more idiotic then all the others combined. He didn't die for his country he didn't die to save the people he loved he died in a freaking bar.

He was shot on the bank of a river, the Hudson river to be exact. What is ironic about this is his son was killed on the bank of that river in a duel a few years earlier. I know he died in New York but I don't think he died in a bar.

Czarina,

Alexander Hamilton is far from hated. I have never run across hateful material on this gentleman. Here is a nice little tid-bit for you: Czarina, did you know that Alexander Hamilton is one of only two non-Presidents to appear on our American Money? Benjamin Franklin is the other one, FYI.

Fishy- All points I did not address of yours, I agreed with.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 01:59 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

Czarina, you do know that the form of economic system he was promoting favored an industrial elite that would have political power over the agrarian industry and other simple labor? He had very different views of the future as compared to Jefferson. Burr shot him because he was claiming to have slept with Burr's daughter. You really ought to read more than just the textbooks if you want to get a good idea of how things really happened.

He was a great guy, don't get me wrong, but don't advertise him as an angel among demons.

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Last edited by AngryManatee on Oct 8th, 2007 at 02:57 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 02:55 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by AngryManatee
Czarina, you do know that the form of economic system he was promoting favored an industrial elite that would have political power over the agrarian industry and other simple labor? He had very different views of the future as compared to Jefferson. Burr shot him because he was claiming to have slept with Burr's daughter. You really ought to read more than just the textbooks if you want to get a good idea of how things really happened.

He was a great guy, don't get me wrong, but don't advertise him as an angel among demons.

Burr shot him because of an insult related to an election that Burr lost. Burr asked for an apology with three different letters and did not receive it so it escalated to a duel. Gentleman did things very formally back then and I wish we would do something similar nowadays...but instead of killing each other with bullets, you would street fight until either:

1. One of the "fighters" were unable to fight any longer. (Within reason.)

2. One of them gave up.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:13 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yet another failure by Czarina.

Somebody ban the hell out of her.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:34 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: Why our country ignores Alexander Hamilton?

Why do we hate him?

No one hates him. He's on the $10 bill for his financial contributions, but he never became President because he was foreign born. Otherwise, he'd be right up there with his arch-nemesis, Thomas Jefferson.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 04:24 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

How dare you formulate an intelligible response!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 04:34 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Well, I'm convinced.

I am not aware that anyones "hates" Alexander Hamilton. If you ask the man on the street to give his opinion of Hamilton, he is unlikely to descend into a frothing rage.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 05:38 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

He's most consistant in character, so why do we hate him? I think well of Jefferson (but he wasn't consistant in his character), but Hamilton should be the role model for our nation.

Why do we hate him?

George Washington was born out of wedlock too. But he's exalted.

He was accused of being a son of a mulatto or whore in the Caribbean.
I think he had Jewish background or some sort of Jewish education.

If I am wrong about any of this info, please let me know.

WHY DO WE HATE HIM? HE FOUNDED SO MUCH FOR US!

CONSTITUTION
FEDERAL PAPERS
TREASURY
ABOLISH SLAVERY - and he had good reasons related to expounding a person's TALENT not color caste.

Hamilton is to History/economics as Tesla is to innovation.

Any information that I borrowed from the link below is in brackets as (info found on video link). That's just to save you time and to recognize that I didn't have previous knowledge of that info before watching the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us0iJ8AMA-Q

WHO?

He may have given us a bank, but he certianly is no Alexander the great. I think our country ignores his accomplishments because anyone named alexander will always pale in comparison to Alexander the great. Unless you conquer the known world before you are 30 you are doomed to be forgotten from history if your name is alex smokin'

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 06:12 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by dadudemon
He was shot on the bank of a river, the Hudson river to be exact. What is ironic about this is his son was killed on the bank of that river in a duel a few years earlier. I know he died in New York but I don't think he died in a bar.
He died in Manhattan, but the duel happened in Jersey. Cliffs of Weehawken, to be exact.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 11:01 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Ummm...no one signed the Constitution. Yes, Hamilton was one of the principal players, but he didn't sign it.

Just thought I'd point it out.

Last edited by Strangelove on Oct 8th, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 11:40 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Who hates Alexander Hamilton?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:42 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thomas Paine is the best.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:51 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Uhh...she wasn't making a case for him being a hero, she was making a case for him to not be hated so much. She was trying to bring him from a negative status to a positive status...not a positive status to a hero status.[/i]

THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Alexander Hamilton is far from hated. I have never run across hateful material on this gentleman. Here is a nice little tid-bit for you: Czarina, did you know that Alexander Hamilton is one of only two non-Presidents to appear on our American Money? Benjamin Franklin is the other one, FYI.

Fishy- All points I did not address of yours, I agreed with.
[/i]

Thanks again. I tend to like BF in a very general way, I know he had his issues with wanting to be part of the British society, some stated he was a spy. He believed a man should marry an older women (but I wondered if that had to do with money), etc. Other then that, he seemed to be a very good statesman, esp. his contribution to innovation (same reason I like Thomas Jefferson, innovation).

Well, I have read and heard flaming things about him compared to George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, I never heard about his relationship with Burr's daughter, that's news to me. But, I did hear that he was the son of a mixed women in the Caribbean and that was stated with disdain, and that she was a whore. I've heard that so many times.

Burr shot him because of an insult related to an election that Burr lost. Burr asked for an apology with three different letters and did not receive it so it escalated to a duel. Gentleman did things very formally back then and I wish we would do something similar nowadays...but instead of killing each other with bullets, you would street fight until either:

1. One of the "fighters" were unable to fight any longer. (Within reason.)

2. One of them gave up.

I agree.

(again) I didn't know he was accused of sleeping with Burr's daughter. That's just one of the many flaming accusations about him.

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Oct 8th, 2007 at 05:51 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 05:41 PM
Fire

Originally posted by AngryManatee
Czarina, you do know that the form of economic system he was promoting favored an industrial elite that would have political power over the agrarian industry and other simple labor? He had very different views of the future as compared to Jefferson.

Which is a reason I dislike him, but in my opinion he gets the credit he deserves. Certainly over here (Belgium), I learned a lot about him when I studied US politics.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 05:53 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Czarina_Czarina
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Fire
Which is a reason I dislike him, but in my opinion he gets the credit he deserves. Certainly over here (Belgium), I learned a lot about him when I studied US politics.

Sorry if this is going all over the place. The main idea is technological change and using elitist dollars to get us there. The old technology was agrarian (land, animal stock, human stock, etc.), AH knew we were better off in an industrial age and needed rich dollars to put us there. Just like the past, we are in the middle of a new technological change, stem cell, biotech. And guess who's going to fund it? Not the gov't. The elite, the ones with the largest discretionary income, the rich.

AH knew that our economy was changing, we were shifting from an agrarian society to an industrial society. He only favored the elite or rich b/c he knew they had the means for investments (which is important for an industrial system), nothing prejudice about it.

We are changing from a computer age to a bio-engineering age, we hear the arguments now in stem cell. We are literally creating new life, right before our eyes, it's reported on the news every few months. Our economy or market will change b/c we aren't going to need ppl for labor anymore, did you know that? It's a big deal with abortion and stem cell and technology. Big issue with the Catholic Church, the upcoming election, and investors.

An example, moral dileama:

Supposedly, dogs and cats came from Africa. Some of the myths are that they were created there, some sort of advanced dna modifications. Even if there are ppl who believe this, our society is against dog-fights and using living beings as slaves. Sorry this sounds strange, but have you ever heard a cat pur? It sounds like an EEPRON or a running computer program. Just listen to it, and compare it to an old computer that's being programmed.

So, in one hand, cloning is going to relieve us of manual labor and this has to be funded by the elite b/c the government tax dollars isn't paying for it, but on the other hand, even though it will relieve us of labor, there are ethical issues.

What does this have to do with Hamilton? He was for the future, and knew he need rich ppl's money to establish the industrial era. The industrial era was suppose to help us live a better life, but it was slave/peasant-penance labor all over again. It took wars for many to enjoy a middle class. Just like today. But this time, the issue isn't industrialization, this time, the issue is cloning and stem cell.

Justice Thomas is someone who is very much against abortion and will put state rights in the seat, causing (maybe 40 states??) to go against abortion. This will effect stem cell research (from the aborted babies) and biotech. So, is he promoting human-labor by delaying biotech's stem cell/cloning? We aren't going to be around to see how the future generation judges this man for being against stem cell (by going against abortion). This is the heart of a new economy, funded by the elite, who else is going to pay for it?

Last edited by Czarina_Czarina on Oct 8th, 2007 at 06:35 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 06:21 PM
Fire

I don't see what that has to do with the fact that Hamilton favored the rich industrials over the general population. All you gave where 'his reasons' for doing it, that doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 07:18 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote