KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- The Dojo

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- The Dojo
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S MATRIX GAME 2006- The Dojo

"This is a sparring program, similar to the programmed reality of the Matrix. It has the same basic rules, rules like gravity. What you must learn is that these rules are no different that the rules of a computer system. Some of them can be bent. Others can be broken."

Welcome to the official Dojo thread for the reborn Matrix game, starting in 2006.

This place has three functions:

1. A fun place for people to come and fight each other, just for the sport of it

2. A testing area for players to practice using their skills

3. A training area- so that players that go on Assignment actually know how to fight and what to do when a combat starts- to have the aire of trained soliders, not raw novices- even the Naturals are trained.

The Dojo is a flexzible, player friendly area. As it starts, the Dojo has the appearance of the Dojo from the first Matrix film- only larger, large enough to handle large amounts of players.

However, if requested, the appearance of the Dojo can be shifted to simulate any environment you wish- sewers, city streets, rooftop, Mustafar lava battle etc.

Anyone can challenge anyone to a fight, or join in a fight halfway. Only one rule- you may not fight anyone who does not wish to fight you; I will enforce this. All fights are by co-operation and agreement only, you cannot spoil someone else's fun.

If you so wish, the Dojo will simulate enemies for you to fight. However, the only named characters you can fight here are other Humans also using the Dojo.. The Dojo can only simulate mundane enemies- Mooks. Experience against Exiles and Agents can only be got within the Matrix itself.

If people want, I can have other Rebels from Zion come and act as opponents or allies for you. They are people too, though, so treat them as such- they have their own lives, and are good at their own things. They will be made-up, not people from the films, so don't worry about Neo breezing by.

So, if anyone wants to orgamise a fight... go ahead!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 12:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aliies
Art-type-person-thingy...

I would just like to have a try at basic hand-to-hand as my character was made to specialize in it; may I request a mook battle starting off with one opponent and then progressing as I get the hang of it?

Zoe: "Shoot them sir?"

Mal: "...Politely"

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 01:08 PM
Aliies is currently offline Click here to Send Aliies a Private Message Find more posts by Aliies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

One mook? Won't take you long. What type?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 02:50 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I'd also like to kill some mooks in hand-to-hand. Security guards, with night sticks.

The simulation being that of a square grey room with another square of pillars. Perhaps four guards?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 03:11 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And you armed with?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 03:15 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Nothing. I want to see how often I can count on the bonus from Clever Fox.

I now realise that perhaps it would have been better to take a back-up power for a melee weapon of some sort. Ah well.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 03:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then I need your starting load-out!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 03:35 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

For this scenario, I'll take all the freebies.

And just for fun, I'll take a pair of Glock 18s (Light Machine Pistols) and a brace of knives.

(In case, say, when I finish these guys, some better armed mooks arrive)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 03:59 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Freebies?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:01 PM
RocasAtoll

Could I beef up on gun skills? i'm talking simple securities gaurds with 9mm's against me with a shotgun. About 7 mooks. Would that be okay?

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:02 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Like sunglasses and stuff.

I just realised that maybe I'm getting my games mixed up.

The weapons'll do.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:03 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's fine, Himo...

... but from anyone, I need to know what Paths you want loaded in your cache when you start!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:04 PM
RocasAtoll

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That's fine, Himo...

... but from anyone, I need to know what Paths you want loaeed in your cache when you start!

Lightning Reload
Straight Shooter
Eagle Eye
1000 Bullets

And could the environment be a Italian restaurant with fish tanks? smile

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:07 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Okay:

Clever Fox
King On The Water
Brilliant Scales (the extra pool)
Hands of Light
Healthy Tiger

Is it pointless taking Brilliant Scales with Hands of Light and Healthy Tiger, since they effectively do the same thing? I mean, they aren't cumulative.

If that's the case, I'll take Walking Willow instead of BS.

(Maybe I should rethink having BS at all)

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed you could not use all three at once. How do you want it to be?

Himo, your character is up.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:16 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

I'll drop Brilliant Scales for Walking Willow, and also lose one of the pistols so I can use it.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:21 PM
RocasAtoll

Indeed you could not use all three at once. How do you want it to be?

Himo, your character is up.

Thanks.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And hence I think you will see you can have one more power loaded, Himo!

-

Ok, Azrael! Initiative is yours for this turn.

Incidentally, all card draws in the Dojo count for everyone, even in separate fights!

Ok, the letters displayed after your name are your Downloads. Those in bold are in your cache, those in italics are tapped, and those underlined are Auxiliary.

Gun numbers are (ammo left/clips left)

The number in brackets are (MA pool/Guns pool/Taken damage). If you don't have one of the pools I don't bother listing it. It is your base pool, before powers.

The number after the guards is the accumulated successes. Three successes kill a standard Mook.

-----

Azrael (9/7/0): CF KW LA BS HL HT DiM HC AL WW BB StS
Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x4: 0

-----

Off you go! No point putting WW in, it is Auxiliary.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 4th, 2006 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:50 PM
RocasAtoll

And hence I think you will see you can have one more power loaded, Himo!

-

Ok, Azrael! Initiative is yours for this turn.

Incidentally, all card draws in the Dojo count for everyone, even in separate fights!

Ok, the letters displayed after your name are your Downloads. Those in bold are in your cache, those in italics are tapped, and those underlined are Auxiliary.

Gun numbers are (ammo left/clips left)

The number in brackets are (MA pool/Guns pool/Taken damage). If you don't have one of the pools I don't bother listing it. It is your base pool, before powers.

The number after the guards is the accumulated successes. Three successes kill a standard Mook.

-----

Azrael (9/7/0): CF KW LA BS HL HT DiM HC AL WW BB StS
Glock 19 (3/0)

Security Guard x4: 0

-----

Off you go! No point putting WW in, it is Auxiliary.

I'll take DM then.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 04:57 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Then your situation is:

Balder (7/9/0): DM CF ST LA HL AL EE LR StS 10B
Dlask Tactical Entry shotgun (8/4)

Security Guard x7: 0

Your move!

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2006 05:04 PM