KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » a lot of Seismic activity

a lot of Seismic activity
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

It seems to me that there has been a lot of Seismic activity in the past few months, numerous earthquakes of various magnitudes, volcanoes erupting including the latest one in Iceland which has caused various airports to cancel flights.

I was wondering if there is a reason for this, ie A planet or large object approaching from space pulling on the earth (Niburusmile), the HAARP or other devices like the LHC effecting the earth.

It could of course just be a phase after all there is no "normal" state in any field, things are always changing.

It just seems more to me this year.

Just hope the Yellowstone or Eifel dormant volcanoes don´t get involved, that would spoil my day.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 01:27 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liberator
Mums Gardener

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but at the sametime Earthquakes happen all the time and it's most likely just coincidence. But there has been a pretty big wave of natural disasters in the past decade hasn't there?

- Emma Goldman

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 01:28 PM
Liberator is currently offline Click here to Send Liberator a Private Message Find more posts by Liberator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

could anyone give me a short summary on what is happening recently? with the volcanos.. and everything///
because our tv is mostly about sunday's ceremony.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 02:53 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

This map gives you all the current events as far as natural and other disasters are concerned.

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:23 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

http://geology.rockbandit.net/2010/...quake-activity/

The end.

Check out the standard deviation information after reading that everything is normal.

It took me about 5 seconds to find that article (prolly closer to 6 seconds, actually.)

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:28 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

ddm is so cool and smart. lets all praise his greatness.

ive heard from a lot of people that the activity recently is actually pretty normal as well. but it does feel like its been very frequent lately! /0.0\

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:39 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

edit

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:41 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

It's the evil American Empire doing further field testing with their quake-maker machine. Any day now, Iran will be crushed.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
ddm is so cool and smart. lets all praise his greatness.

While that is true, finding an article that addresses the thread in a few seconds, is not cool or smart. Anyone can do that.

Are you sore from yesterday when you tried to change your argument in the brutality thread? Listen, people are wrong on the internets, sometimes. It happens. When you're wrong, admit it, move on. No reason to hold grudges all over the place.

Guess what? I've been wrong several times and I had to admit I was wrong.

I know, right? It happens.

ive heard from a lot of people that the activity recently is actually pretty normal as well. but it does feel like its been very frequent lately! /0.0\

Just a perception baseed on news coverage AND the locations of the quakes hitting populated areas rather than some random spot in the middle of an ocean.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:52 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

Originally posted by dadudemon
[B]While that is true, finding an article that addresses the thread in a few seconds, is not cool or smart. Anyone can do that.

Are you sore from yesterday when you tried to change your argument in the brutality thread? Listen, people are wrong on the internets, sometimes. It happens. When you're wrong, admit it, move on. No reason to hold grudges all over the place.

Guess what? I've been wrong several times and I had to admit I was wrong.

I know, right? It happens.

feel free to reply to my post in there. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 03:54 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Earth had too many chimichangas

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:01 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Jörmungandr is getting restless.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:06 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

feel free to reply to my post in there. laughing out loud

laughing laughing laughing

I saw it a bit ago and replied.

Good times.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:21 PM
Archaeopteryx

Re: a lot of Seismic activity

Originally posted by Bicnarok
It seems to me that there has been a lot of Seismic activity in the past few months, numerous earthquakes of various magnitudes, volcanoes erupting including the latest one in Iceland which has caused various airports to cancel flights.

I was wondering if there is a reason for this, ie A planet or large object approaching from space pulling on the earth (Niburusmile), the HAARP or other devices like the LHC effecting the earth.

It could of course just be a phase after all there is no "normal" state in any field, things are always changing.

It just seems more to me this year.

Just hope the Yellowstone or Eifel dormant volcanoes don´t get involved, that would spoil my day.

Volcanic and tectonic activity is normal and has been with the earth since the beginning. Geologically speaking, it's a pretty quiet period for both now considering the earth's history.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 04:43 PM
Archaeopteryx is currently offline Click here to Send Archaeopteryx a Private Message Find more posts by Archaeopteryx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: a lot of Seismic activity

Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Volcanic and tectonic activity is normal and has been with the earth since the beginning. Geologically speaking, it's a pretty quiet period for both now considering the earth's history.

Alright....

Where the hell did you get your seismic data, and how the hell did you get data from millions of years ago?

Are you the Ancient One spoken of in many tales?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 05:12 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Re: a lot of Seismic activity

Originally posted by Bicnarok

Its totally the LHC...

...or maybe its because if one plate moves, its alters pressures on the other plates, prompting them to move too.

Theres some stupid science on it or something...they call the BS "tectronics" or something.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 05:14 PM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

Volcano in Iceland erupted today. No planes are taking off an landing in the UK and in other placed in Northern Europe due to ash. The one day in ages I was sue to fly... Talk about sod's law.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:03 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Re: Re: a lot of Seismic activity

Originally posted by Ordo
Its totally the LHC...

...or maybe its because if one plate moves, its alters pressures on the other plates, prompting them to move too.

Theres some stupid science on it or something...they call the BS "tectronics" or something.
laughing

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 07:10 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

its the reptilians and the grey cave dwelling aliens doing this to us..

Old Post Apr 15th, 2010 09:03 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

For the past few years, there has been an increase of earthquakes. In terms of MODERN times. This year alone has had at least one destructive earthquake a MONTH. I haven't heard anything like that. Again, just recorded time. This is fairly normal, though, as the earth has always been like a roller coster.

One theory for so much activity is that earth is orbiting around the ecliptic.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 10:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote