KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Water

Water
Started by: Moscow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

Water

The big, big problem that no one wants to talk about.

http://www.sixwise.com/newsletters/...rous-crisis.htm

The article is being slightly facetious about the changes in food habits making an impact on saving water, but the focus is still sound. Just as the food riots in Sierra Leone and Haiti happened in 2008 and still continued in 2009, so will massive riots happen in the western US, the Middle East and China (well, hell, everywhere for that matter).

But... hey.. as a proud American waste all that f**king Dasani. Who needs it anyway? wink

Currently: With my reserve money, I buy a hotdog. Foul tasting shit, but Zell eats it right up. Then he, Selphie and I talk with his mother

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:03 AM
Moscow is currently offline Click here to Send Moscow a Private Message Find more posts by Moscow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i blame coca cola company, iirc they make dasani.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:39 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

Coke is to blame for everything. Especially when their Dasani makers tap the putrid water out of the Hudson River

Currently: With my reserve money, I buy a hotdog. Foul tasting shit, but Zell eats it right up. Then he, Selphie and I talk with his mother

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:42 AM
Moscow is currently offline Click here to Send Moscow a Private Message Find more posts by Moscow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

they left a indian village dry and a african farming community starving with no crops or income after they drained the water table and then contaminated the soil with waste that they sold and threw into the soil as fertilizer killing microbes, destroying the soil as if the water table drainage wasnt enough.

in columbia they put a hit and paid gorilla fighters to kill and squash union leaders and protestors.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:47 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

The US and China allow their mega corporations to divert through complex dams crucial water reserves away from the citizens who live in the western deserts of China and towards the massive refineries located near Shanghai and Guangdong.

Similar occurrences happening in the western US with the continuous damming of the Colorado River. El Paso and Cuidad Juarez are about to be bone dry in less than a decade and theres almost 10 million people around that area alone

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:58 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

i would take care of the ceos but, i drained my little nest egg so not enough funds to track them down and go all bob lee swagger on them..

http://www.flash-screen.com/free-wa.../1174920842.jpg

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:03 AM
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

Nice. Wahlberg's a badass.

http://www.ajc.com/business/coca-cola-ceo-s-349719.html

Swagger's first target. All $7.36 million of him

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:07 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

excuses are like @$$holes their all full of $h!% and everyone has one...

Last edited by Dark Riddick on Mar 29th, 2010 at 06:14 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:11 AM
Moscow
Gunblade Wielder

So true.

"I am a United States Senator"

Yes...and I'm the Queen's brother now answer to this

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:16 AM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Global warming should solve any water problem

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 11:37 AM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Develop effective water filters so that unfit drinking water becomes usable. Develop advanced agricultural methods that don't require so much water waste.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 04:13 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

umm.. what about certain pesticides that cannot be removed from water?

i think that is the main issue with many water filtering facilities...

coca cola has large quantity of pesticides in certain products, city water also has high chemical lvls as well due to human medication that makes it into the water systems from waste and stuff thrown into the drains.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 04:16 PM
Bouboumaster

Bah, we have no problem of that in Quebec ^^

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 04:20 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
umm.. what about certain pesticides that cannot be removed from water?

i think that is the main issue with many water filtering facilities...

coca cola has large quantity of pesticides in certain products, city water also has high chemical lvls as well due to human medication that makes it into the water systems from waste and stuff thrown into the drains.

Engineer a bacteria that eats it or focus on desalination plants.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 04:25 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
they left a indian village dry and a african farming community starving with no crops or income after they drained the water table and then contaminated the soil with waste that they sold and threw into the soil as fertilizer killing microbes, destroying the soil as if the water table drainage wasnt enough.

in columbia they put a hit and paid gorilla fighters to kill and squash union leaders and protestors.
Sounds more like Umbrella Co.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:16 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

nope sadly it is coca cola and our government doesnt care....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e53-daB4E-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4qd...amp;feature=fvw

watch from 10:00 and on...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:37 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't believe that.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:38 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

they did the same thing to an african village i just cant find the video...

i really hope your joking.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:42 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Oh well, I'll just start drinking juice or lemonade.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:46 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I'm thirsty.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 05:49 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote