KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » The Official inimalist Odds Thread.

The Official inimalist Odds Thread.
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The Official inimalist Odds Thread.

Once we get rosters and themes down. We can get dis bytch rolling.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 04:03 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

You should post current teams.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 04:58 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The only team I am certain of is my own. embarrasment

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 04:59 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Psycho Gundam & Leonidas (Based Gods)
Magneto
Captain Comet
Kabuto Yakushi

Ambient (Mutant X)
Cable
Multiple Man
Warlock

JakeTheBank & Existre (Fantastic 4-ish)
Invisible Man
Dr. Doom
Madison Jeffries

Charlotte DeBel (Killed in Action)
Ambrose Chase
Manchester Black
Mimic

Simbon (Masters of Time)
Kang
Zarrko
Epoch

Id (Hounds of War)
Bastion
Spawn
Ironman

I think this is the current roster.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:11 PM
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

Roster after redrafts

Charlotte's Awesome Team, formerly Killed in Action (though Meggan pre-her-Hell adventures also fits the theme)
Meggan
Ambrose Chase
Manchester Black

Team Smurph
Dr Doom
Invisible Man
Madison Jeffries

Simbon's Time Lords
Epoch
Zarrko
Kang the Conqueror

Team ID
Bastion
Spawn
Iron Man

Team Ambient
Cable
Technarchy Warlock
Darkness

Psycho Gundam & Leonidas (Based Gods)
Magneto
Legion
Kabuto Yakushi

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:13 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Charlotte DeBel
White Queen of KMC

That's taking into account the redrafts

Beware Blonde Badasses Emma Frost K' Dante

RIP Fluffy

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:15 PM
Charlotte DeBel is currently offline Click here to Send Charlotte DeBel a Private Message Find more posts by Charlotte DeBel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I don't feel like i can give odds without seeing more of the teams in action. but off the top of my head, Id, psycho, and smurph seem to have very strong teams.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:22 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Now we gets some odds rolling.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 05:24 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Charlotte's Team
Meggan
Ambrose Chase
Manchester Black
I can not get a clear grasp, of what Meggan would bring to the table other then exploiting her mimicry. Yet history of told us, that every modification holds motive. We also know that Meggan, along with Black Alice are among the most broken characters you can draft.

The modification servers to make it or break it for Charlotte team. With a loss on her background, and teams perfecting their rosters, the odds are beginning to stack against her.

Odds of winning 5/10

Team Smurph/Jake
Dr Doom
Invisible Man
Madison Jeffries
This team I like, and its obvious that Madison was brought in to give the team a competitive edge over other tech teams, as to exploit Doom/Madison ability to create tech. Having snuck in a Herald of Galactus, screams rape. They should rename this team, Antoine Dodson Team.

Odds of Winning 8/10

Simbon's Time Lords
Epoch
Zarrko
Kang the Conqueror
Broken bastards team is B-R-O-K-E-N. And members where worried about me drafting Dark Schneider. At least Schneider had physical limitations to the number of spells, with a lag in the form of verbal incantations. Time Lords are flirting with the idea of pulling any random tech, they’ve ever encounter, without any limitation.

Odds 7/10

Team Ambient
Cable
Technarchy Warlock
Darkness

I am entirely bias, in regards to this team. Ambient has the potential to wipe out everyone. And then again, no one knows how extensively dangerous Nathan/Jackie can be if you think out the box.

Unfortunately this modification comes after a loss, and teams are learning to perfect their roster.

Odds of winning 6/10

Psycho Gundam & Leonidas
Magneto
Legion
Kabuto Yakushi

Legion is one bad mothafoca. I know, I built a respect thread of him. And flat out predicted given time, he would be up there with Franklin Richards or Mad James Jaspers. Fast forward 2..3 years later, and boy did few members ragged.

Kabuto, and Magneto are solid drafts. Leo is a competent debater, the home run king in these tourneys. PG…no so much. But he understands how dangerous Legion is, the basics behind this tourney. Legion brings the power to unify, and push this team to their limit. So thanks for PG, he might secure yet another victory for Leo.

Odds of winning 9/10.

Last edited by "Id" on Jul 18th, 2011 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 06:53 PM
Simbon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"

Simbon's Time Lords
Epoch
Zarrko
Kang the Conqueror
Broken bastards team is B-R-O-K-E-N.

Ha! I like that. I think I'll take "The Broken Bastards" as my team's official second title.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 08:00 PM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Madison and Doom are a great combo, for reasons stated by Id. That jumped out to me. Experience means a ton, history has taught us. I've only judged the one match, and there's been redrafts...to that end, another thing history has taught us is that we don't know what competitors are planning. Seeing a fresh set of matches will illuminate a lot.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 08:11 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Simbon
Ha! I like that. I think I'll take "The Broken Bastards" as my team's official second title.

The B-R-O-K-E-N Time Lords.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 08:24 PM
Simbon

Hard to call odds at this point. Id and Smurph/Jake have by far the most flexible teams, but that doesn't always translate into really unusual strategies -- the tumble-weed match in round, for instance. Leo and PG have the strongest team in terms of raw power, but I can also see that leading to lazy, overly Kabuto-centered prep like it did in their first match (granted, that lazy prep did end up defeating a very creative, carefully thought out plan). Ambient's a bit of a loose cannon, but he's hampered by a loss and a roster built around a single strategy.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 08:30 PM
Simbon is currently offline Click here to Send Simbon a Private Message Find more posts by Simbon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

9/10?? huh. i'd like our odds better if a knew a damn thing about kabuti. no expression

Last edited by leonidas on Jul 18th, 2011 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 09:04 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

oh, and if smurph's team doesn't win this thing, they, like, really both suck. no expression

shifty

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 09:06 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I actually think Kabuto is leo/psycho's strongest asset.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 09:26 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
9/10?? huh. i'd like our odds better if a knew a damn thing about kabuti. no expression

laughing out loud

Originally posted by King Kandy
I actually think Kabuto is leo/psycho's strongest asset.

thumb up Mostly because he's a broken summoner.

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 11:04 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

I think they are just getting started on the things they can do with him.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 11:19 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

^ shifty

confused

Old Post Jul 18th, 2011 11:55 PM
Simbon

I don't think there's any doubt that Kabuto's their strongest asset; that's actually the reason why I thought they might get lazy on prep. Ideally, every character on a team should bring something to the prep-phase, but in the first round Magneto and Comet were treated (quite literally) like constructs -- they brought essentially nothing to Leo and PG's prep.

Xemnu Respect Thread

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 12:07 AM