KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What exactly is an alpha mutant?

What exactly is an alpha mutant?
Started by: wannabe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

What exactly is an alpha mutant?

I know what the omega-level means, but what is that alpha-status about and are there beta-,gamma-,delta-levels etc.???
huh

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 10:37 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I've never heard of these obscene levels of these mutants that you speak of.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:44 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RisingStorm
Impetus

I heard of them, but not sure about alpha. All i know is Omega Class mutants are Elixir and iceman...

I wonder what level Storm is...hmmmwink

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 09:35 AM
RisingStorm is currently offline Click here to Send RisingStorm a Private Message Find more posts by RisingStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mutant Alpha?
He was a mutant made by Magneto that evolved each time he used his power until finally becoming godlike.

That's prolly not what you're talking about but no one seems to remember mutant Alpha around here....sad

He was one powerful s.o.b.
Anyone know what he's up to now-adays?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 11:19 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Mutant Alpha?
He was a mutant made by Magneto that evolved each time he used his power until finally becoming godlike.

That's prolly not what you're talking about but no one seems to remember mutant Alpha around here....sad

He was one powerful s.o.b.
Anyone know what he's up to now-adays?

probably the new master at the playboy mansion

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 12:32 PM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

The only time ive heard alpha mutants being mentioned was in age of apocalypse. It was used to describe the most powerful mutants. The ones who were top of the hierarchy, the ruling class in AOA because of how powerful they were. So powerful energy wielders and general mutant powerhouses would have made the cut. So no jubilee, Leech, Artie etc.

Omega speaks for potential. Xmen forever spoke of how humanity is the result of experiments the celestials carried out on early lifeforms, on behalf of the abstracts. The reason for these experiments was to ensure that a race of beings would eventually evolve that would surpass and in turn replace all of the abstracts. This would bring about the end of universe. By creating humanity the abstracts are ensuring that the cycle of life continues to revolve. This final state of evolution is phoenix. Its what all humanity will eventually turn into. Thats why Jean as phoenix is called the "ultimate mutation". Those with omega(the last) potential are the ones closest to reaching this final stage of evolution. Whether their potential results in they themselves turning into phoenixes (like Jean and Quentin Quire have) or their descendants doing so, within omega mutants lies the potential to bring about the end. Hence its name.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 01:15 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:12 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Originally posted by Arcane
probably the new master at the playboy mansion
isn't this kinda Off topic.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:34 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

Originally posted by BENITO
isn't this kinda Off topic.

just answering a question roll eyes (sarcastic)

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:35 PM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

wait, so whos more powerful? omega or alpha?

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:12 PM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eristole
Me in a text box

ok it's not how "powerful" they are.

Alpha as we all know stands for beginning

Omega stands for END.

(if you don't believe me look it up.. i am the alpha and the omega(the bible.) .. the beginning and the end.)

what they are referring to is the mutant adaptions of their powers.

Alpha mutants would be, apocalypse, xavier, magneto, these types of mutants.. usualy referring to "old" and the most trained and most powerful..

omega usually refers to an end, the final adaptations of the powers.
like for example, say scott were to finally be able to control his optic blasts, and they were eventually mutated in his son to be the most powerful energy blasts and he had complete control over it.

like he could warp the energy to surround his body and protect him and shoot the energy any direction and control it.

he would be an omega level mutant, the end strain of mutation of that type of energy/power.

when they speak of omega level potential, they are referring to the fact that they could eventually learn and harness their power to it's ultimate potential.

hope that helps out a bit.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:20 PM
eristole is currently offline Click here to Send eristole a Private Message Find more posts by eristole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Omega is more to do with potential. But because omegas are genetically closer to reaching phoenix potential then the most powerful of their class far exceeds the most powerful alphas if that potential is realised as it has been with jean and quentin quire(kid omega). Alphas are just powerful mutants top of the range but their genetic structure doesnt allow for phoenix potential. For example magnetos an alpha but at the moment he's more powerful than all those officially listed as omega so far(with the exception of jean and quentin). However they could become way more powerful than any alpha.

A lot of these omegas due to being powerful anyway would be classed as alphas but for their geentic potential which seperates them.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:21 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eristole
Me in a text box

oh yeah, and there are beta and gamma, etc level mutants.
i think in the xavier files, he had every mutant listed as a
level. he started off with saying what level they currently were
and what they could potentially reach.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:26 PM
eristole is currently offline Click here to Send eristole a Private Message Find more posts by eristole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by eristole
ok it's not how "powerful" they are.

Alpha as we all know stands for beginning

Omega stands for END.

(if you don't believe me look it up.. i am the alpha and the omega(the bible.) .. the beginning and the end.)

what they are referring to is the mutant adaptions of their powers.

Alpha mutants would be, apocalypse, xavier, magneto, these types of mutants.. usualy referring to "old" and the most trained and most powerful..

omega usually refers to an end, the final adaptations of the powers.
like for example, say scott were to finally be able to control his optic blasts, and they were eventually mutated in his son to be the most powerful energy blasts and he had complete control over it.

like he could warp the energy to surround his body and protect him and shoot the energy any direction and control it.

he would be an omega level mutant, the end strain of mutation of that type of energy/power.

when they speak of omega level potential, they are referring to the fact that they could eventually learn and harness their power to it's ultimate potential.

hope that helps out a bit.

Xmen forever dealt with what omega actually stands for. It is not to do with an adaptation of their powers. If that was the case then those with secondary mutations would be omegas. That would include the likes of beast, angel and emma frost. Omega is to do with them having being the closest genetically to reaching the stages of the final mutation which is phoenix.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:30 PM
eristole
Me in a text box

were kind of saying the same thing, i was referring to energy based mutations, there is a level for physical based mutants like beast and angel and emma that describes them at their final mutation/powers.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:38 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

But its certainly not omega. Omegas potentials something you're born with. Its not something you can aspire to reach. Its only in recent years that this whole omega thing has really been introduced however Xmen forever featured Jeans psychic essence which travelled back in time to inhabit her body in her marvel girl days. She snuck into Xaviers office and read his files. Xavier had known about omega potential even then and he listed her and iceman as having it. It talked of while beast, angel and cyclops will improve in the use of their abilities, they've basically reached the apex of what their abilities entail. Bear in mind that Beast has had a secondary mutation, his powers have adapted. Omega as i said is not a level to aspire to be its something you're born with.

Alphas are powerful mutants be it inherently or through training. That can be something to be worked up to.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Jul 22nd, 2005 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:46 PM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

So basically...
Omega's have within them from birth a genetic potential that far surpasses an Alpha. E.g. Elixir has little training in the use of his powers, Iceman's potential lay dormant for years. There also seems to be some requisite for their powers entailing some manner of manipulation of one or more of thoughts/matter/energy/time/space/reality although I don't know how stringent that is.
However a well trained Alpha may be incredibly powerful but even at the peak of their genetic potential they will still never be near the power levels that are potentially attainable in an Omega. E.g. Xavier is arguably the most skilled mutant in the use of his genetic gifts and he is the most technically skilled telepath, but Quentin Quire as an omega level telepath with little or no training in his genetic gifts surpasses Xavier's peak power levels.
Is that about right?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:48 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eristole
Me in a text box

yup pretty much that's the basics of it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 03:51 PM
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
So basically...
Omega's have within them from birth a genetic potential that far surpasses an Alpha. E.g. Elixir has little training in the use of his powers, Iceman's potential lay dormant for years. There also seems to be some requisite for their powers entailing some manner of manipulation of one or more of thoughts/matter/energy/time/space/reality although I don't know how stringent that is.
However a well trained Alpha may be incredibly powerful but even at the peak of their genetic potential they will still never be near the power levels that are potentially attainable in an Omega. E.g. Xavier is arguably the most skilled mutant in the use of his genetic gifts and he is the most technically skilled telepath, but Quentin Quire as an omega level telepath with little or no training in his genetic gifts surpasses Xavier's peak power levels.
Is that about right?

I perfectly agree on this. And Xavier implied indeed, that Omega goes along with more complex powers, as stated above. So the likes of Storm, Sunfire, Polaris, Hellion etc. might be omegas, while pure powerhouses and ferals like Colossus and Wolverine will certainly be not.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:10 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
The only time ive heard alpha mutants being mentioned was in age of apocalypse. It was used to describe the most powerful mutants. The ones who were top of the hierarchy, the ruling class in AOA because of how powerful they were. So powerful energy wielders and general mutant powerhouses would have made the cut. So no jubilee, Leech, Artie etc.

Thats where i have that alpha-thing from and what i thought about it. I just hoped there would be something more detailed by now. sad

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:21 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by wannabe
I perfectly agree on this. And Xavier implied indeed, that Omega goes along with more complex powers, as stated above. So the likes of Storm, Sunfire, Polaris, Hellion etc. might be omegas, while pure powerhouses and ferals like Colossus and Wolverine will certainly be not.

All the mutants you've mentioned above are to my knowledge alpha mutants. Powerful mutants for sure, among the most powerful on the planet however none of them have omega potential from whats been revealed so far.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:44 PM