KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » what happened to Hulk's Dad at the end?

what happened to Hulk's Dad at the end?
Started by: hulk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
hulk

Worried what happened to Hulk's Dad at the end?

Happy Dance what happened to Hulk's dad at the end? He was all powerful then exploded, what was that about? someone please explain...thanks

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 11:21 PM
hulk is currently offline Click here to Send hulk a Private Message Find more posts by hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

he was hit by a large amount of gamma radiation killing him off..thats about all there is to it i guess

Old Post Jun 21st, 2003 11:54 PM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
evanwreck

yes, the hulk's dad at the end was a little strange. basically the military used some sort of huge nuclear device on him and he died. the hulk survived because he was under water. but, i was thinking, since his dad can be whatever material he wants, cou;ldnt he just turn into the nuclear energy and get bigger? this may have been a hole in the movie, but i enjoyed the movie tremendously.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 12:10 AM
evanwreck is currently offline Click here to Send evanwreck a Private Message Find more posts by evanwreck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mitsubishi

Was David Banner supposed to be Absorbing Man?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 12:18 AM
Mitsubishi is currently offline Click here to Send Mitsubishi a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsubishi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor_Pessoba
Lulu's Man

yeah

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 12:21 AM
Senor_Pessoba is currently offline Click here to Send Senor_Pessoba a Private Message Find more posts by Senor_Pessoba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnson

Shocked Yeah im not sure

he kindof overloaded with power and thene xploded and dissapeared or maybe he still lived it wasnt really enuff closure on that one.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2003 09:34 PM
Johnson is currently offline Click here to Send Johnson a Private Message Find more posts by Johnson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ajax28

Did he overload on power? .. that part was kinda blotchy. He started absorbing energy from everywhere... thus saving his son? - that's what he said he was going to do. So what hapenned to him? He wanted more and more.. how is it that he was so different from Bruce , when he got the same sort of gamma radiation towards the end? You'd think he would be twice as strong, since Bruce was only half-altered as a baby. (mother was not altered)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 08:17 PM
ajax28 is currently offline Click here to Send ajax28 a Private Message Find more posts by ajax28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tyrone08
the new guy

mad i was dissapointed in this movie it sucked to me

did u notcie how when the father was talkin to the son before the arrest that they was yellin for nuttin it was too many flashbacks and took 45 minutes for his first transformation and between tranformations it took 10 minutes to get back into the action

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 02:35 AM
tyrone08 is currently offline Click here to Send tyrone08 a Private Message Find more posts by tyrone08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anubis The God

This Anubis.

"Was David Banner supposed to be Absorbing Man?"

No. He wasn't supposed to be Crusher "Absorbing man" Creel. Crusher Creel maintains humanoid essence. David Banner (Brian Banner in the comics, The name was a tip of the hat to David of the TV Show) actually BECOMES the element. He had SIMILAR powers but no he was not meant to be The Absorbing Man. He died however because he tried to take Hulks strength. Hulk has infinate limitless strength so he used untold amounts to overload him with and still had infinate amounts left. For people that grill this movie so bad you don't know alot about it.

PS: In the comics Bruce kills Brian (Father) after the accidental murder of his mother. So Brian never ever gets those powers. Was incredible in the movie though.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 09:48 PM
Anubis The God is currently offline Click here to Send Anubis The God a Private Message Find more posts by Anubis The God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sk8stuff09

i have no clue what happend. i was lost. but i think he turned into a ghost. i think........ smart

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 03:06 AM
sk8stuff09 is currently offline Click here to Send sk8stuff09 a Private Message Find more posts by sk8stuff09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

your not meant to think during the movie, you are just supposed to look at his shiny muscles.

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 01:09 PM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
takame44
The Punisher

he went boom.

Happy Dance He never stops, he's a trooper... he keeps going and going...

-Banana Man 1940-2003

Old Post Jul 25th, 2003 02:57 AM
takame44 is currently offline Click here to Send takame44 a Private Message Find more posts by takame44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thewhitewizard

hulks dad absorbed hulks power but also took in an electrical storm causing an overload in his body and he went boom
beer

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 01:42 PM
thewhitewizard is currently offline Click here to Send thewhitewizard a Private Message Find more posts by thewhitewizard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
username39120jo
I'm only a little big!

Sory off topic --------fav line of the monvie: when hulk screems "You think you can take it?!! TAKE IT ALL!!!!!!!" but i still don't know whats up wit' hulks daddy. confused

Old Post Aug 11th, 2003 10:55 PM
username39120jo is currently offline Click here to Send username39120jo a Private Message Find more posts by username39120jo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asian Hulk

I think david banner will not return on hulk 2.but there is two forces of evil are abonination and the leader in the secod incredible hulk movie.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2003 12:01 PM
Asian Hulk is currently offline Click here to Send Asian Hulk a Private Message Find more posts by Asian Hulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grover

father as a MORPHOGENETIC FIELD!

When the Hulk screams out "Take it all" in a Hulk-ish rage, he gives ol' Daddio all those loving childhood memories, who absorbs it and turns into some sort of memory bubble...

You can then hear old man Banner crying out "take it back!"

Right then, as he's weakened, is when the missile hits.

As for the Hulk surviving, in Marvel, he could survive a nuclear blast.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 08:04 PM
Grover is currently offline Click here to Send Grover a Private Message Find more posts by Grover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Wolf

Re: what happened to Hulk's Dad at the end?

quote:
Originally posted by hulk
Happy Dance what happened to Hulk's dad at the end? He was all powerful then exploded, what was that about? someone please explain...thanks

OK, The hulks dad was just plain wierd. I did'nt like this movie at all,
Yes the cgi was good, and it better have been because the spent for ever working on it. From what I understand the longest time ever, spent on any cgi on any movie. But here it is a year or so later and still people are commenting on it.
1st the hulks dad may be dead or still alive, I think they left that open for future sequals. Since he was a creature of pure energy, what do we know about energy? It can't be created or destroyed just transferred right? So If you are going to say he has to be dead. I am going to say someone needs to go back to school, and study physics.
I would like to take this opportunity to discuss my dissapointment in the film. People are going to say, that if I did'nt like the movie I did'nt understand it. Yeah well I did'nt see the emporers new clothes either.
Ang lee made an attempt at doing something totally different. He incorporated the comic book panels, which although a brave move, was an inherint distracting flaw. The Hulk was also only seven feet tall. And although he does get infinately stronger when enraged, I have never known him to be a 15 foot tall giant. That really botherred me. Ang lee was obviously famililiar with the 70's TV show. I liked the TV show, I would rather watch all of those again, (including the lame ending one where they dropped the hulk out of a helicoptor and killed him, which I am going to point out they, dropped nukes on the comic book hulk and could'nt kill him), than that movie again. All I can do is hope they learned from the mistakes of the first movie and make the sequal better. The movie moved allong slow, the only part that was good was when hulk was smashing. That was few and far between too. And if you were going to put elements in from the television show, why leave out Jack Mcgee? Another thing I am going to let you guys in on is this. Their were ten year old kids in the theater with me watching this movie, that at the end of the movie got up and said, "That sucked!!!" enough said.

Attachment: trollthumb02.jpg
This has been downloaded 89 time(s).

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 05:48 PM
Alpha Wolf is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Wolf a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Wolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I hope he died because I wouldn't want to see him in the sequel. I would like to see actual Hulk villains rather than a villain Ang Lee made up.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 05:34 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hulksamasks

People are never satisfied that is why real artist put Their vision out there and people who do not like it can twist in the wind.I actually liked the movie more than the TV series i think Hulk fans should be honored that someone tried to give a charecter that most of us really care about a bit of depth.The movie was not perfect but i would rather watch someone make a movie about something i care about and it have a few flaws than watch 30 brilliant movies about crap i could careless about.I am just happy they actually made a hulk movie!!

Old Post May 8th, 2005 11:49 PM
hulksamasks is currently offline Click here to Send hulksamasks a Private Message Find more posts by hulksamasks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
williamdefalco

The book actually clarifies it a little more, though changes a lot of the scenes when compared to the film. I thought I'd give everyone a detailed look.

Near the end of their fight David Banner returns to his human form, and with the slow absorption of hulk's power he is almost as tall as the hulk. Hulk throws a large block of stone at David, causing David to instantly turn to stone. Hulk pounds him again and again, until David is pretty much nothing but pebbles on top of the hulk. But here again David absorbs more of the hulks energy and reforms into his human form, and is now as tall as the Hulk. Hulk then grabs him and they end up fighting into the lake, where the more familiar part of the movie steps in with the lake freezing.

After his acceptance the hulk is literally absorbed into David, and with this new raw power David grows and grows until he is towering over the surrounding mountains. He spots the two fighter jets from far away and laughs at their miniscule attempt, his laughter resounding like thunder. But then he notices something happening within his body; it is suddenly expanding outward. As the book explains it, the chemical imbalance of the hulk within David's body causes David's body to uncontrollably seek more energy, and since David is now THE greatest source of energy around it is unexpectedly trying to devour itself. David stumbles to the top of the mountain and attempts to control this action, but the energy the hulk gave David is so much that his body continues to grow and grow, David losing more control of the process by the second. This is when the missile is fired, and just as it is about to hit David he inexplicably grins at the thought of having more energy to absorb, but then he realizes it'll be too much. It is indeed as the missile hits and David explodes and is finished.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 05:57 AM
williamdefalco is currently offline Click here to Send williamdefalco a Private Message Find more posts by williamdefalco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote