KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Sentinels vs Mindless Ones...

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sentinels win... 3 100.00%
Mindless Ones win... 0 0%
Total: 3 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sentinels vs Mindless Ones...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Sentinels vs Mindless Ones...

10000 Sentinels from Days of Future Past take on 10000 Mindless Ones in a battle until one side is completely and utterly destroyed; no BFR allowed...

Fight takes place on a featureless, infinite, plane...

Who wins?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:11 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Sentinels win easily. Soon as they figure out and adapt to the dummies it's game over.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

carver tells me sentinels are heralds.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:17 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ghostman
carver tells me sentinels are heralds.

They aren't, but then again they're abilities don't need them to be. They just adapt to most powers, and shut things down. I've seen some pretty powerful Mindless Ones in comics, but power in this case won't be enough.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 07:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Mindless Ones are highly inconsistent in their showings, so it's hard to say. I can't remember how easy it is to shield against their disintegrator beams, and not sure whether the Sentinels can adapt to that sort of magical energy. If the Sentinels can adapt the MOs are probably toast but otherwise they are going to be taking some serious damage.

If the armies simply open fire on each other at the outset, I can actually see the Mindless Ones having a good chance of winning because the Sentinels won't get time to adapt.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 02:52 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

If the Sentinals cannot effect the magical properties of the Mindless Ones, (at their best showings), the MO's should win, a majority.

Unless there is evidence showing that, for some reason, Sentinals can counter a disintegration beam, shrug off class 100 berserkers, or easily wipe out MO's.

After all, Classic Mindless Ones were very durable and were never meant to be written as "fodder", which is what they have become.

Cough-shitbooks-cough

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 08:24 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

The question then becomes: did the Sentinels ever adapt to magical attacks? Or just mutant powers?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2016 11:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Surtur
The question then becomes: did the Sentinels ever adapt to magical attacks? Or just mutant powers?
right, besides Illyanna, or whatever her name is, what other notable mutants are "magical" by nature?

Then, we do a couple searches and Bang! We have our answer.

Because im drawing a blank over here.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:20 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The Mindless Ones are more akin to what you use to wipe your ass than to actually menacing foes.

So it's safe to assume the Sentinels eat them.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:36 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The Mindless Ones are more akin to what you use to wipe your ass than to actually menacing foes.

So it's safe to assume the Sentinels eat them.
Well, it's logical u would think that, since the Mindless Ones have existed in books for 33 years before u were even a blob of fertilized tissue capable of fitting in a petri dish.

But, for now i'm going to veer away from your extensive comic book experience and articulate delivery.

But, thank you for your imput.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:51 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Youd have to pick a specific eras mindless ones.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 12:55 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Horrificus
Well, it's logical u would think that, since the Mindless Ones have existed in books for 33 years before u were even a blob of fertilized tissue capable of fitting in a petri dish.

But, for now i'm going to veer away from your extensive comic book experience and articulate delivery.

But, thank you for your imput.
Quit being so emotional.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 01:15 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Mindless Ones win.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 01:50 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Mindless Ones win.

Y? Im always curious about answers that are so resolute

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 02:15 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Quit being so emotional.
Mindless Ones have feelings too. Or, "feeling", or something.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2016 02:56 AM