KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX

Episode IX
Started by: Bashar Teg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Episode IX

...release date has just been announced: May 24, 2019.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/25/med...date/index.html

that means we won't have to wait as long: 1 year and 5 months from Ep8's release. Happy Dance

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2017 08:37 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Both 7 & 8 were supposed to be released in May as well, and eventually got pushed back to December.

I'll end up betting this same thing happens here. Although not that it really makes a difference to me one way or the other, but I do prefer May over December for Star Wars. That was always the traditional release month.

I like George.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2017 01:39 PM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup. I bet this one gets pushed forward too.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2017 03:42 PM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you two should go enjoy a half empty glass of water.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post May 1st, 2017 12:05 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why? We have episode VIII to look forward to first. Then maybe we look forward to the Han Solo movie and only then it's time to wonder when EpIX wil appear in the theaters.

We can't do nothing about it anyway, a SW movie has been pushed forward before.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 08:09 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Fegelien!

We are literally going to be seeing new Star Wars movies until we all die. Getting pushed back a few months isn't a big deal. These things will be endless and unavoidable.

"Hey, did you hear about the new Star Wars movie?"
"The one from last year, from this year, or next year?"
"...Yes."

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Why? We have episode VIII to look forward to first. Then maybe we look forward to the Han Solo movie and only then it's time to wonder when EpIX wil appear in the theaters.

We can't do nothing about it anyway, a SW movie has been pushed forward before.

IMO circumstances were different, considering how close to the wire all their planning was in the months following the purchase.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 09:27 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, everything will be different. The SW universe is not that clean cut, I'm sure they have to figure out a lot. And like with Rogue One, it's not unlikely new ideas come up in a very late stage. And that means that deadlines may not always be met. And they don't need to... we'll pay to see it anyway. Suckers! wink

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 08:22 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

$$$$$

Well. I like to think different being better, but it's been shown that's not always the case....alwalys hope though....

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:32 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Me too. But in the end... the Vader ending in R1 wasn't the best idea in hindsight. Hearing that some guys in post-production came up with that, makes me wonder if that was the entire SW crew going on a whim. That kinda troubles me.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 06:37 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by queeq
Well, everything will be different. The SW universe is not that clean cut, I'm sure they have to figure out a lot. And like with Rogue One, it's not unlikely new ideas come up in a very late stage. And that means that deadlines may not always be met. And they don't need to... we'll pay to see it anyway. Suckers! wink

eps 8 and 9 might be good. there's that possibility.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 01:12 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

The last Jedi is Luke btw...

Like said in ROTJ...

Old Post May 4th, 2017 04:23 PM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

was never said in RotJ. it was well implied by yoda that luke would train more jedi (well...at least one). this title suggests more of an end to the jedi.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 07:05 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yoda: "The last of the Jedi, you will be..."

ROTJ didn't imply anything about training new Jedi....

Old Post May 4th, 2017 08:57 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

that did not imply finality, because of what he said immediately after:

"the force is strong in your family. pass on what you have learned"

do you even nerd, bro? wink

Old Post May 4th, 2017 09:31 PM
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by JediRobin23
Yoda: "The last of the Jedi, you will be..."

ROTJ didn't imply anything about training new Jedi....

After Yoda's death, Luke WAS the last Jedi. At that moment. Yoda never said that there will never be another Jedi.

Old Post May 5th, 2017 07:26 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Ok, but it still seems Luke is the last Jedi at the end of ep 7 or beginning of ep 8.
Ben turned to the darkside and Rey is in training (she is not a Jedi yet)

Old Post May 5th, 2017 10:59 AM
queeq
Chaos

Neither was Luke when Yoda told him he was the last. He had to confront Vader one more time, remember.

Johnson has confirmed the title is singular and refers to Rey.

Last edited by queeq on May 5th, 2017 at 07:25 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2017 11:06 AM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Yes. "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi, you will be, the force is strong in your family, that is all that you have learned'

Old Post May 10th, 2017 09:45 PM
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

That or pass. Still can't hear it

Old Post May 10th, 2017 10:00 PM