KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Match the Avengers

Match the Avengers
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Match the Avengers

So in this week's Avengers, they had to:

a). generate a few hundred thousand GigaWatts worth of power [Jane-Thor + Lightning [Miguel] were necessary]
b). hold up the planet from spinning [Hercules + Sunspot were necessary]

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bjOMb7ygi...1600/RCO013.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-I1q4pLfQG...1600/RCO014.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RJcL01jol...1600/RCO015.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UJtlCfwUh...1600/RCO019.jpg

Which pairs can do the job and which of them fail?

1). Flash [power generating] & Martian Manhunter [strength]
- the next pairs are in the same order [power then strength] and they can't help each other at their respective task.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill
4). Cable & Lobo
5). John Stewart & Thor
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:25 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baziemarc123
Restricted

Account Restricted

that's an impressive feat for both Jane and Hercules. always knew hercules was planetary in lifting

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 12:39 AM
Baziemarc123 is currently offline Click here to Send Baziemarc123 a Private Message Find more posts by Baziemarc123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol... its crazy that these characters are this powerful but Hulk stood in a single spot tanking their attacks. Where is Darksaint at...the Avengers lowballer.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:02 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lol... its crazy that these characters are this powerful but Hulk stood in a single spot tanking their attacks. Where is Darksaint at...the Avengers lowballer.

You got some white stuff on the side of you’re lips. Should probably wipe it off before it gets to you’re chin.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:14 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Baziemarc123
that's an impressive feat for both Jane and Hercules. always knew hercules was planetary in lifting

He's not doing it alone and it was even stated he couldn't do it alone.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:32 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Not very often are characters written as being able to move planetary bodies. Even less are able to do so alone.

1). Flash [power generating] & Martian Manhunter [strength] - Never seen Flash generate that much power. John's not strong enough.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman - Fail. I doubt Storm can generate that much lightning and Diana isn't strong enough. If she had help from Superman, than I could see it.
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill - Surfer could do it. I have a feeling that Bill along with Hyperion and Gladiator would have the best odds of succeeding at the strength portion.
4). Cable & Lobo - Unless it's Full Power Cable, he fails at his task. Lobo isn't strong enough imo.
5). John Stewart & Thor - Stewart is a GL, they have high highs. Thor already did this exact feat except on a larger scale under Warren Ellis, it's the only reason they pass.
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares - Uhhh tough one. Pass.
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator - Nova Prime would succeed. Gladiator is strong enough to do it solo in some portrayals I guess.
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut - Black Bolt succeeds but I don't think Juggernaut is strong enough to do it solo.
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion - Dr. Light at his peak might be able to? Hyperion could do it I guess. He is one of the few Herald level characters with this feat under his belt.

Originally posted by zopzop
He's not doing it alone and it was even stated he couldn't do it alone.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...04892-WXffa.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...07848-24105.jpg

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:48 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

That feat is meaningless. He's holding up the universe while standing on Earth. FAIL.

We just saw recently that he couldn't stop Earth's rotation by himself and needed Sunspot at full power (supposedly the strongest mutant on Earth) to help him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 01:58 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

That feat is meaningless. He's holding up the universe while standing on Earth. FAIL.

We just saw recently that he couldn't stop Earth's rotation by himself and needed Sunspot at full power (supposedly the strongest mutant on Earth) to help him.
yeah, but how powerful is sunspot though? He's called the strongest, but he's the one saying it so....

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:00 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

So? Atlas is the Greek representation of the Axis of Worlds. The Asgardian equivalent is a giant tree which is dumb AF but it still supports the Multiverse.

Actually, we never saw that. And tbh, if they had left it to him, I have ZERO doubt Hercules would have stepped up to the plate and accomplished it with Earth at risk. That's a bit of a cop-out, granted, but Hercules is Hercules.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 02:03 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not very often are characters written as being able to move planetary bodies. Even less are able to do so alone.

1). Flash [power generating] & Martian Manhunter [strength] - Never seen Flash generate that much power. John's not strong enough.
2). Storm & Wonder Woman - Fail. I doubt Storm can generate that much lightning and Diana isn't strong enough. If she had help from Superman, than I could see it.
3). Silver Surfer & Beta Ray Bill - Surfer could do it. I have a feeling that Bill along with Hyperion and Gladiator would have the best odds of succeeding at the strength portion.
4). Cable & Lobo - Unless it's Full Power Cable, he fails at his task. Lobo isn't strong enough imo.
5). John Stewart & Thor - Stewart is a GL, they have high highs. Thor already did this exact feat except on a larger scale under Warren Ellis, it's the only reason they pass.
6). Monica Rambeau & Aquaman, Namor, Ares - Uhhh tough one. Pass.
7). Nova (Richard) & Gladiator - Nova Prime would succeed. Gladiator is strong enough to do it solo in some portrayals I guess.
8). Black Bolt & Juggernaut - Black Bolt succeeds but I don't think Juggernaut is strong enough to do it solo.
9). Dr. Light & Hyperion - Dr. Light at his peak might be able to? Hyperion could do it I guess. He is one of the few Herald level characters with this feat under his belt.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...04892-WXffa.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...07848-24105.jpg

laughing out loud

Wonder Woman needs help from Superman But Thor can do it solo.

Right.
So? Atlas is the Greek representation of the Axis of Worlds. The Asgardian equivalent is a giant tree which is dumb AF but it still supports the Multiverse.

Actually, we never saw that. And tbh, if they had left it to him, I have ZERO doubt Hercules would have stepped up to the plate and accomplished it with Earth at risk. That's a bit of a cop-out, granted, but Hercules is Hercules.

Axis mundi was just a magical leyline in that book.

Right, even though it was specifically stated that Hercules can't do it I'm sure he can.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:15 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
laughing out loud

Wonder Woman needs help from Superman But Thor can do it solo.

Right.
Axis mundi was just a magical leyline in that book.

Right, even though it was specifically stated that Hercules can't do it I'm sure he can.

Thor has a similar feat under his belt. He's also stronger than Wonder Woman.

Atlas was holding up the heavens and represented the Axis.

Yo, the way you pick and choose what counts and doesn't is mind boggling. Don't you ever get whiplash? Hercules was down to do it solo, Voyager said that even he can't do solo. Which do you choose to be valid?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:34 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Thor has a similar feat under his belt. He's also stronger than Wonder Woman.

Don't tell me, world engine when it wasn't ever specified and here his equal Hercules couldn't do it alone.

Even if I assumed that was true, Superman and Wonder Woman are required to do something Hercules and Sunspot did?

Not laughable in the least.
quote:

Atlas was holding up the heavens and represented the Axis.

On a magical axis? I'm sure he did.

laughing out loud

quote:

Yo, the way you pick and choose what counts and doesn't is mind boggling. Don't you ever get whiplash? Hercules was down to do it solo, Voyager said that even he can't do solo. Which do you choose to be valid?

Where he didn't do it solo and specifically stated to be unable to do so.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thor better strength feats than Wondy.

He can solo this. John is not required.

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Apr 13th, 2018 at 03:44 AM

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:42 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Meh, characters are more than one writer's interpretation, for better or worse.

---

Also comic numbers are funny. Quick google search tells me that one gigawatt can power roughly 725,000 homes.

So a few hundred thousand gigawatts? That's power for what... 200-300 billion homes? Lol.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 03:42 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Don't tell me, world engine when it wasn't ever specified and here his equal Hercules couldn't do it alone.

Even if I assumed that was true, Superman and Wonder Woman are required to do something Hercules and Sunspot did?

Not laughable in the least.

On a magical axis? I'm sure he did.

laughing out loud

Where he didn't do it solo and specifically stated to be unable to do so.

Can you please restate that sentence in English? I have no idea what you're even saying.

NOW Thor and Hercules are equal? Haha, over on herochat you're arguing Jane Thor > Thor because Hercules said she gave him a harder challenge in a mocking comment.

Smh, you're so triggered about everything Superman, you're not even getting my point straight. You seem to be confused here. I'm not saying you NEED Superman and Wonder Woman. I'm saying I don't see Diana doing it alone, I just mentioned Superman because they've moved the Earth together. Superman can do it alone in some portrayals I'd wager.

The last half of your posts are just words thrown together pointlessly.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:06 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Smurph
Meh, characters are more than one writer's interpretation, for better or worse.

---

Also comic numbers are funny. Quick google search tells me that one gigawatt can power roughly 725,000 homes.

So a few hundred thousand gigawatts? That's power for what... 200-300 billion homes? Lol.

In this instance it is upto writer to decide Hercules couldn't do it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:28 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Can you please restate that sentence in English? I have no idea what you're even saying.

You can read I presume?
quote:

NOW Thor and Hercules are equal? Haha, over on herochat you're arguing Jane Thor > Thor because Hercules said she gave him a harder challenge in a mocking comment.

Different writers, different interpretations.
quote:

Smh, you're so triggered about everything Superman, you're not even getting my point straight. You seem to be confused here. I'm not saying you NEED Superman and Wonder Woman. I'm saying I don't see Diana doing it alone, I just mentioned Superman because they've moved the Earth together. Superman can do it alone in some portrayals I'd wager.

But Thor can do it in all his portrayals, right?

Because Thor is obviously stronger than Hercules, eh?
quote:

The last half of your posts are just words thrown together pointlessly.

Your life seems to be just like that.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 04:31 AM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9

You're like that kid who, everytime he passes a dog, starts barking at it to try and elicit a response.

At best, you're an idiotic kid. At worst, you're a grown ass man, barking and feverishly trying to get some attention, which is kinda sad.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 06:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

erm

You say that as if Carver is special and its not half the forum lol

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 06:11 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm gonna be the change I want to see in the world thumb up

Old Post Apr 13th, 2018 06:18 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote