KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 8th Day Juggernaut vs. Kuurth vs. Classic Juggernaut

8th Day Juggernaut vs. Kuurth vs. Classic Juggernaut
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

8th Day Juggernaut vs. Kuurth vs. Classic Juggernaut

Just curious what the consensus is here...

-8th Day Juggernaut-

(please log in to view the image)

VS.

-Kuurth-

VS.

-Classic Juggernaut-

Stips:
-All versions start at their peaks -- in classic Juggy's case, his FF is up.
-Battle takes place in the Arena Monarch used in Countdown (we'll assume it is indestructible/inescapable.)
-They fight to the death OR 10-count KO -- H2H only.

Who is the ultimate version of Juggy?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 07:02 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 06:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

8th Day...............all day every day. Runner up, Classic Juggernaut. Kuurth dead last.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 06:59 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Interesting. I figured people would place a double-enchanted Kuurth higher.

How does 8th Day bypass classic's FF, iyo?

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 07:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Interesting. I figured people would place a double-enchanted Kuurth higher.

How does 8th Day bypass classic's FF, iyo?

8th Day was classic Juggernaut..........on steroids. He crushed Thor like a feeb and ignored all his attacks. IMHO, he'd muscle through Classic Juggs shield and beat him down.

Classic Juggernaut took a Godblast to the face and only complained that it was SLOWLY forcing him back. He claimed he could have muscled forward but the ground gave way before he could put that claim to the test.

Kuurth has NEVER beaten anyone on Thor's level (like 8th day did) nor has he taken a hit from an attack on the level of a Godblast (like Classic Juggs did). That's why I place him third.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 07:11 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well, Thor was almost certainly weakened to some degree, as he'd just been getting slapped around by Enrakt right before 8th Day appeared. That said, I could agree that 8th Day is physically stronger than classic(that much was outright stated), but it's really hard to imagine him muscling through that pesky FF. /shrug

I can follow your logic with Kuurth, I suppose, but I'd honestly be shocked if he wasn't right up there with 8th Day in terms of strength. The enchantments he was packing are no joke.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 07:21 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 07:15 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I can follow your logic with Kuurth, I suppose, but I'd honestly be shocked if he wasn't right up there with 8th Day in terms of strength. The enchantments he was packing are no joke.

Keep in mind, Juggernaut was nowhere near full power Classic Juggernaut when the Serpent chose him as a minion.

So it was depowered Juggernaut PLUS Serpent's power that = DP Kuurth.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 07:20 PM
Magnon

Classic Juggernaut's shield was, for all intents and purposes, unbreakable. The original Marvel rpg, from the era of classic Juggs, ranked his force field at CL3000. That was a high-Celestial level rank (and in that era, Celestials were above Galactus). Thor's, Juggernaut's, Herc's etc. physical strength was CL100. The durabilities of true adamantium and Cap's shield were CL1000 (iirc). Juggs' unstoppability was at CL1000. But his shield was much stronger.

http://silycndrgn.tripod.com/super/juggs.htm

8th Day Juggs might not be able to hurt Classic, despite likely having much greater strength.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 08:06 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Cain was spiritually bound if anyone can recall how, and when the possession took place in the first place. With that said, I'm not entirely certain how much power Cytorrak was willing to impart to the usurper Kuurth, so then it becomes virtually impossible to answer this question and be 100% correct.

Implied power should place Kuurth at the top (maybe), followed by 8th Day Cain, and then Classic Juggernaut at dead last. However I can't see how Kuurth would ever be able to defeat 8th Day Juggernaut. So, stalemate between those two.

Tricky question Galan.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 08:54 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by zopzop
Keep in mind, Juggernaut was nowhere near full power Classic Juggernaut when the Serpent chose him as a minion.

So it was depowered Juggernaut PLUS Serpent's power that = DP Kuurth.
you sure about that? When magik and colossus went to cyttorak to ask him to remove the enchantment, he basically replied that juggernaut as he was at that point was doing him proud. Seems like there would be no reason for juggs to still be depowered at that point if he had earned back the favor of cyttorak.

/shrug

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 09:26 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by deathslash
you sure about that?

Yup. The scan was posted on the forums a few years back. It was Huggernaut (aka depowered Jugs) that was chosen by the Serpent.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 09:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by deathslash
you sure about that? When magik and colossus went to cyttorak to ask him to remove the enchantment, he basically replied that juggernaut as he was at that point was doing him proud. Seems like there would be no reason for juggs to still be depowered at that point if he had earned back the favor of cyttorak.

/shrug
I'd be inclined to agree. Cyttorak was VERY happy with Cain/Kuurth initially -- "Marko acts as I would have always wished. He is a hymn to destruction! To my glory!":
http://i.imgur.com/qiewep1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/45fJgvz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Rh3a0QX.jpg

It wasn't until Magik pointed out the fact that Cain was also serving another master that Cyttorak got pissed and cut off that portion of his power... But as mentioned: it's hard to imagine Cyttorak withholding power from him beforehand, given how thrilled he was with the havoc Cain was causing. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 3rd, 2016 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 10:53 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I'd be inclined to agree. Cyttorak was VERY happy with Cain/Kuurth initially -- "Marko acts as I would have always wished. He is a hymn to destruction! To my glory!":
http://i.imgur.com/qiewep1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/45fJgvz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Rh3a0QX.jpg

It wasn't until Magik pointed out the fact that Cain was also serving another master that Cyttorak got pissed and cut off that portion of his power... But as mentioned: it's hard to imagine Cyttorak withholding power from him beforehand, given how thrilled he was with the havoc Cain was causing. /shrug

I get that, but the version of Juggernaut that was chosen by Serpent was the DEPOWERED one. I wish I had the scan.

Here it is, it was THIS version that got the Serpent's power :
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...message-6728350

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2016 11:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I figured that's what you were referring to.

While I understand Juggs was depowered initially, I'm just saying that it'd make sense for Cyttorak to stop withholding power from him once he started causing all that destruction... I just don't see Cyttorak keeping a 'model avatar', of whom he was extremely pleased with, depowered.

Not saying your stance is illogical/incorrect in the slightest. The above just makes the most sense to me, is all.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 4th, 2016 at 12:51 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:41 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I get that, but the version of Juggernaut that was chosen by Serpent was the DEPOWERED one. I wish I had the scan.

Here it is, it was THIS version that got the Serpent's power :
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...message-6728350

Well not really. Kuurth did have Cytorrak's blessing at first, but then once Cytorrak was brought up to speed, he refused to work as one with the Serpent because he was fooled into the deal via a binding spell. In short, Kuurth only later became nerfed.

I'm assuming that we are using Kuurth when he was at full power? Which would be before Cytorrak learned that Cain had become Apostate. Not sure at this point though.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:51 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Stoic
I'm assuming that we are using Kuurth when he was at full power?
Stips:
-All versions start at their peaks

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:52 AM
Stoic
Avenger

cool

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 12:55 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I get what you're also saying Zop. You think that even though Kuurth had some of Cytorrak's power, he may not have gotten the amount that 8th Day was taking in. I'm inclined to agree. Then it goes back to not being able to answer this question with 100% certainty. They're both over Classic, but when it comes to each other, it's really anyone's guess.

Then again, Kuurth was breaking Piotr's bones when they collided, so we saw Kuurth fight Cytorraks avatar.

Last edited by Stoic on Oct 4th, 2016 at 01:10 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 01:07 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

They're both over Classic, but when it comes to each other, it's really anyone's guess.
In the raw strength department sure, but the reason I included classic is because of that FF -- it was insanely haxx and could certainly bridge that strength-gap, imo.

*I know classic has crap showings, but remember: he's at his peak here. So think Thor v1 #411-412, 429. I'd call those showings his peak.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 01:28 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

They're both over Classic, but when it comes to each other, it's really anyone's guess.

8th Day for sure is, Kuurth isn't IMHO.

quote:
Then again, Kuurth was breaking Piotr's bones when they collided, so we saw Kuurth fight Cytorraks avatar.

Peter never once used his force field. Classic Juggernaut was about to be KOed by Thor (when Thor nullified his force field with Mjolnir). So Juggs without FF isn't anything special compared to other CL100 beings. Once the FF was up, Thor's fists couldn't even touch Cain.

We also know that Peter was a complete failure both as Avatar of Cyttorak AND Host of the PF. Yet this failure was manhandling Kuurth and pushing him back over the runes he had cast. Before they reached the starting point, Serpent teleported Kuurth away because the explosion would have resulted in his death. Yet Peter, with NO Force field, was able to survive it.

DP Kuurth never faced off against any being greater than meta. That's a fact. Classic Juggeranut faced off against and withstood Marvel's elite Herald's best attack (Thor's Godblast).

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 01:35 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Damn, bro. You need to update your collection with some HD rips:

stick out tongue

We also know that Peter was a complete failure both as Avatar of Cyttorak AND Host of the PF.
That's not what Cyttorak himself thought:

Old Post Oct 4th, 2016 02:04 AM