KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Final Fantasy : The spirits within

Final Fantasy : The spirits within
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I found the 2 disc edition of this the other day for $5, and forgot how much fun it was. It was literally shit on in the theatre, bashed by critics and gamers alike. Personally, I think it's one of the best CGI movies of all time. The craftmanship and voice talents were very well done.

Dunno why it gets so much guff. It's great Sci Fi, too.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 10:50 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Wow.. someone agrees with me .. personally to me this movie is a testament to human enginuity when it comes to replicating reality.. I hope square continues to try to make movies of this calibur (and possibly higher)

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 05:46 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i liked it so much that i bought it second hand for 2 bucks at a pawn shop

seriously though...i did like it...dont know why given that i didnt like the games all that much

the dream sequences were well executed as were the old city scenes...i thought the ending was a bit strung out though and i didnt really like the gaia aspect of the plot

decent enough for a first effort although the FF fans didnt like it cause it wasnt similar to the games and the mainstrean people didnt like it because it was promoted as being linked with the game...

bad marketing killed the film

where as being a bad film killed the likes of truly rubbish films such are battlefield earth, gigli and waterworld

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 10:31 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
i liked it so much that i bought it second hand for 2 bucks at a pawn shop

seriously though...i did like it...dont know why given that i didnt like the games all that much

the dream sequences were well executed as were the old city scenes...i thought the ending was a bit strung out though and i didnt really like the gaia aspect of the plot

decent enough for a first effort although the FF fans didnt like it cause it wasnt similar to the games and the mainstrean people didnt like it because it was promoted as being linked with the game...

bad marketing killed the film

where as being a bad film killed the likes of truly rubbish films such are battlefield earth, gigli and waterworld

Heh. I like your take on it, jaden101.

I actually liked the film, myself. I think jaden gave some of the reasons for its failure at the B.O. I also think the film really tried to do things people are not comfortable with at the time in CG years ahead of the advancements that we would get later in Spiderman 2, and years ahead of the public acceptance of the much colder looking CG images in Polar Express. The movie came out way ahead of the onslaught of these CG films that people easily accept now.

One thing certain over the years is that people either liked it or abhor it.

Strange. confused

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 03:03 PM
starwing is currently offline Click here to Send starwing a Private Message Find more posts by starwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Guardian05

The movie was awesome. The graphics on it were killer by far. The only thing that kinda threw me off was that it didn't relate with the games. If it did that, it would've had a much better review. Other than that man FF rocks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2005 04:56 PM
Guardian05 is currently offline Click here to Send Guardian05 a Private Message Find more posts by Guardian05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slay
Skyhighatrist

It was OK.It was on Dutch TV yesterday.I watched,cuz there was nothing other on...The TV GUide gave it a 3 star recognition.But the characters anoyed me.The only cool one was the black dude.There was this whiny ass who can't stop making stupid joke's a manb1tch a dude called Grey(Grey Edwards for crying out loud!)An old scientist,a ****ed up General.And the hottest CGI chick I ever saw.(In my knowledge i've only seen one.)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:22 AM
Slay is currently offline Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote