KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » trinity confronts mero

trinity confronts mero
Started by: rysdigital

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by Sifer
Just to add, Lucifer was cast down from Heaven because he wanted more power. There is more depth to the Merovingian than many of you know smile

mm.. lets put it like this.. merovingian -"Lucifer" wink

madee by.. the one himself love

pascuaLaaa rockss! Iam not so bad..once u get to know me angel

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 12:05 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Well of course he is smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 01:26 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Well of course he is smile

hahahaha stick out tongue everything in the matrix has something to do
with the bible .. for example.. Zion of course .. one of the
biggest cities..of the bibble.. wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 03:16 AM
gabimr2 is currently offline Click here to Send gabimr2 a Private Message Find more posts by gabimr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Teunis

Sifer — Give the young ones time and there minds will be freed.

"You are not alone".

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 01:17 PM
Teunis is currently offline Click here to Send Teunis a Private Message Find more posts by Teunis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

Perephone in greek mythology was captured by hades and forced to marry him...hades is the god of the underworld

Persephone is the Merovingains wife......mibbe the Mero is like Hades???

Old Post Sep 1st, 2003 03:30 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

That the Merovingian is married to Hades is the only “proof” we have, of him being a “mean kinda guy”.
Historically seen the Merovingians were a line of French kings from the 5th to the 8th Century, and later on, the name of a Christian order of the Holy Grail.

According, however, to certain esoteric versions of history (the Knights Templar, in particular), the Merovingian kings were direct descendants of Mary Magdalene and Jesus Christ once they arrived in southern France following Christ's crucifixion and "resurrection." Some say that the Roman church killed off all remnants of this dynasty (i.e., both the "Cathar Heresy" of Languedoc early on and Templars - also purportedly descendants of Christ - during the Inquisition) in order to gain power through the "spiritual" dynasty of Peter instead of the "holy blood" (i.e. Sangreal) of Mary Magdalene's descendants.

We seem to forget one thing. By capturing the keymaker, the Merovingian was actually helping our protagonists. By keeping Neo safely away from the Source.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:32 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

Hades: He is that too smile And many other things wink

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:00 AM
Sifer is currently offline Click here to Send Sifer a Private Message Find more posts by Sifer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

The Mero. was not helping Neo, he got the keymaker for the power that having him would allow, ie house in mountains with doors into city. Having the keymaker does not keep Neo away from the source, for Neo didn't know that he had to go to the source until after talking to the Oracle. And besides, everything happens as it does for a reason, a purpose. Nothing is coincidence. And as i have said before, the Mero is metaphorically the evil choices of man incarnate, ie power, lust, greed, etc.

And Zion isn't one of the biggest cities of the Bible, Zion is the promised land, the holy land, that which Judeo-Christian religion seeks to attain.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 02:16 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
And Zion isn't one of the biggest cities of the Bible, Zion is the promised land, the holy land, that which Judeo-Christian religion seeks to attain.

mmm.. no.. the promised land is Canan

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 03:03 AM
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

I am sorry, Zion is also the name of the holy city of David, however, Zion is also:

An idealized, harmonious community; utopia.
The heavenly Jerusalem; heaven.

I was taking it for these meanings, not the literal Juresalem meaning. I apologize for contradicting you, this is what happens when you post in the early morning.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 05:02 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gabimr2

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
I am sorry, Zion is also the name of the holy city of David, however, Zion is also:

An idealized, harmonious community; utopia.
The heavenly Jerusalem; heaven.

I was taking it for these meanings, not the literal Juresalem meaning. I apologize for contradicting you, this is what happens when you post in the early morning.

hahahaha dont worry!! stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 07:28 AM
Sifer

quote:
mmm.. no.. the promised land is Canan

Tell that to a Rasta.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2003 12:36 PM
gabimr2

quote:
Tell that to a Rasta.

who is rasta? big grin

but.. it is Canan.. the promissed land to Moises wink

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:17 AM
Sifer

Who is Rasta? A Rastafarian. Promised land = Zion (no I am not referring to Moses).

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:21 AM
gabimr2

quote:
Who is Rasta? A Rastafarian. Promised land = Zion (no I am not referring to Moses).

aaa ok"..that's different! wink

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:36 AM
The Don Won

I belive sifer is quite confused. The Zion in the matrix films seems to have more of a coralation to the Zion of the bible. With their jewish back ground you would imagine they would have more information on the biblical Zion rather than the rastafarian Zion, which is taken from the biblical Zion in the first place.

You think thats weed your smoking? ... hmm...!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 01:42 AM
The Don Won is currently offline Click here to Send The Don Won a Private Message Find more posts by The Don Won Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
theprophecy123
Resister

did you know ...you probably did... that reloaded was banned in egypt for its strong religious themes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertai...ilm/2980432.stm

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 02:13 AM
theprophecy123 is currently offline Click here to Send theprophecy123 a Private Message Find more posts by theprophecy123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

wow!! the poor Egyptians!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 03:04 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sifer

In Rastafarian belief, Zion is referred to as Heaven, or Ethiopia. But yes, it is derived from the biblical meaning.

The Wachowski's said this when they were asked what religion they were:

Non-denominational

From what it seems, they have a vast knowledge on many religions, history, myth, legend, conspiracies, movies, etc.....

They said it themselves, most things in the movie have multiple meanings smile

Last edited by Sifer on Sep 3rd, 2003 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2003 04:59 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

If we overlook any religious interpretations there are countless others. Everything from obvious connections to cult writer William Gibson (and even more so Greg Egan), to the extraordinary displays of martial arts and pyrotechnic balletics of the Hong Kong action film, to comic-book superheroics, to the dark, downbeat look of the graphic novel, the plot arc of The Terminator, allusions to Hitchcock, The Wizard of Oz, Dark City, Ghost in a Shell and Alice in Wonderland, and all shot through with substantive meditations on predestination and what sort of becomes a Zen guide to virtual martial arts.

And Zion, in the Matrix, seems to be more of a "promised land" than anything else.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2003 02:01 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote