KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » USH'S LOTR RP Game part 2- The Fortress of Baranar

USH'S LOTR RP Game part 2- The Fortress of Baranar
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (211): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

Aiwendil fixed the, what she thought, foppish dandy with a steely gaze.
"I arrived here yesternoon. This is my first visit here, so you would, of course, never seen me before. You must excuse me - I must tend to my goods."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 10:00 AM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Whoa, foppish dandy! Eeek, this is a Dunadan Prince, Phoe- a direct descendant of Elrond! He's wearing a nice sword as well...

(and remember its only non-Dundadan that the Noldor actively ignore, Palanfirith... and Elendur being a Prince actually ranks him above you!)

"Please, allow me to help," Elendur says. "We seem to be blessed with Elves lately. What brings you here?" He snaps his fingers.

"But I am being rude. My name is Elendur, and I have the honour of being a Prince of this realm. I would like to officially welcome you to our fair city of Fornost-Erain!"

Getting to Gorlim's Chamberlain's offices is very easy, Vardalain- are the veteran players all off to see him then? (Argentis- you can go too if you wish...)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Sep 7th, 2003 at 01:10 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 01:01 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

*to be erased*

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:16 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

Well..i head to gorlim

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 03:32 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Chamberlain's offices appear to be a cacophonous nightmare of running servants, bits of paper, and the occasional large pile of coinage. Gorlim is giving out instructions to half a dozen people near him, sounding stressed.

"Tell those idiots at Bree that if they don't want to pay import duties they can go and trade somwhere else... try Rhudaur, see if they welcome them THERE...

... ah, Vardalain, Palanfirith, you are here. Excellent. And the others?"

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

"they should be arriving...shortly" says Vardalain

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 04:17 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix
Luna Lovegood

"I do not mean to offend you sire, but I can manage perfectly well by myself. i do not need your's or anyone else's assisstance."

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 07:17 PM
Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

"We are all here,sire.So please,tell us why we we're called." says Palanfirith.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 08:01 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Well, you two will do for now..." says Gorlim, shuffling a few papers around. "I trust things are well with you? Enjoying your stay at our capital? Any word from Elrond?" he asks, hopefully.

-

"Oh, but I insist!" says Elendur. He turns to his servants and speaks a few words to them in Adunaic- a language you kind of understand, Aiwendil, but you have never heard it spoken before. The servants start work on your stuff. "I shall arrange you a room also."

He then speaks to you in Sindarin.

"And you are a fair and hardy Elven shieldmaiden and deserve all the hospitality we can give you"

"You must meet my father," he continues. "Any visitor from our Eldar cousins to this place is someone he wants to meet."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 7th, 2003 11:14 PM
Dexx
wingless

"none" says Vardalain coldly ( i assume there were none)

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:46 AM
Fitch
Free

"we haven't heard anything from master Elrond from some time now,this is the first place we stopped since we left Rivendell.Is there something troubleing you?" says Palanfirith.
and then looks at Elendur and says in Sindarin:
"Thank you for your hospitality but we don't tend to stay here too long since we have other things to do"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 10:35 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Fitch, you are nowhere near Elendur...

No, there has been no word from Elrond.

"There is always something troubling me," says Gorlim. "Organising a Kingdom whilst fighting a war is never easy. But never mind that. Things are happening at last! The first part of Arvedui's plan is coming together, and he wants your help, as you offered him..."

(Fitch- Dexx offered that help so you are in that category by default)

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 12:28 PM
Dexx
wingless

"of course, as elrond's emissaries, we will help in any way we can"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 12:50 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Good!" he says. "Well, as you are aware, our King is interested in opening up relations with the remaining intact parts of Cardolan, with a veiw of unifying the two 'Kingdoms' into one new, strong whole. Unfortunately, there are a considerable number of problems with that plan..."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:04 PM
Dexx
wingless

"like..what elrond has to say about it"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gorlim raises an eyebrow.

"I don't think the Royal Council enormously cares what Elrond thinks about it... though the King himself is always keen to open fresh relations with Rivendell and we are ALL glad of your presence, of course, you Elves have never taken much interest in human political affairs.

"No, the problem is Cardolan itself. The myriad Lords and other landowners of Cardolan might not take too kindly to us simply declaring our ownership of Cardolan, and relationships between these Lords and the Arnorian Royal Line have been... difficult... at times..."

By which Gorlim means, but does not wish to mention, that Arthedain and Cardolan were once hostile to each other- ruled by seperate descendants of Isildur, both of whom claimed to be the true line of Kings (with Rhudaur claiming a third true line, but not lasting very ling).

Cardolan's royal family is long dead, and Cardolan no longer a unified nation, but the people there do not recognise Arthedain's royalty, and every little Lord who wants power claims relation to the Dunadan bloodline.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:23 PM
Dexx
wingless

"as hard as it may seem fot them...they have to see, that if they don't accept, they will fall" says Vardalain

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Well, I wish everyone saw it that way," says Gorlim, "but they do not; they are merely common men and do not have the vision of us Dunadain or you Elves... and I must say I have little confidence that this plan will ever come together. If Cardolan was ever going to be worth anything again, it would have happened already. Still! We can but try, at least we will be trying something..."

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 01:51 PM
Fitch
Free

"and you know what that something is ?"

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 02:18 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(errr, yes he does, the planned unification, about which he is talking)

BtVS

Old Post Sep 8th, 2003 02:21 PM