KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Moggy's big weekender

Moggy's big weekender
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

Drink and drive? not in Norway You get, if caught, two years suspension on your license, one months wage in fine(regardles what you earn, the more the biiger the fine) then you get to spend three weeks in jail. So in fact you looses almost two months pay. This is not the reason why I dont drink and drive. You are a treath to other peoples lives if you drink and drive this is not an opption for me.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2001 08:34 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

wow, such strict laws!!! eek! Do they enforce the law there? some places have laws, but are kinda lax in enforcing them. confused

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 08:27 AM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

They look very serious on drinking and driving in Norway and they do enforce the laws. The police are always out on controls during weekends and holidays like easter and christmas.
I dont think the laws are strict enough in Norway though, maybe for drunk drivers.
We had this case were two girls, 10 & 8 years, were raped and murdered by two friends on 20&21. They got convicted to maximum punishment; 21 years in prison with 10 years safety afterwards. Such a shame mad mad

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 11:41 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gundark
Mayhem

What's "10 years safety", finti ?

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 02:55 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

You are under observation and are not allowed to move freely around the country. If you want to travell to a different city you have to apply so action can be taken for the observation. More like parole I think

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 03:24 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Yes it is like parole. Safety just sounds too nice of a word though.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 03:29 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Keep those two alive is to nice mad

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 03:39 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Throw em' in the chair and hit the switch.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 06:35 PM
keokiswahine
Confusion

cannot post my thoughts in public; I would be banned. mad mad

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 08:17 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Sorry, massively against the death penalty regardless of cirsumstance.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 20th, 2001 11:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Yeah, I mean it is such a good idea to keep murderers locked up at the expence of the tax payer.

I know there is the arguement that some people are proven innocent after they have gone to the chair and stuff but if there is no shadow of doubt then I say rack em and zap em!

Watches can of worms spill out all over the place.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:06 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I go with that

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 01:10 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

And I see you've opened the deluxe can at that.

Actually I think the punishment should fit the crime. eye for eye. But that'll never happen. Not until the dawn of the Mad Max age.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 10:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Consideration of innocence is not my view. People like my parents fought hard to get the death penalty removed purely on the point that it was wrong, not that convictions might be mistaken (which is still always a possbility). Judicial murder is still murder; we still have no right to say that they cannot live no matter what they have done- EVERYONE has the right to life, even the most hardened and vicious and evil criminal. And much as I don't like the taxpayer having to pay for keeping them locked up I hardly think killing them off to save that is any way to behave.

All the death penalty does is show that we can kill as well. I refuse to go to their level and I am proud that it is virtually extinct in Europe.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 21st, 2001 11:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

RC, I understand it costs $44,000 USD a year to house a regular convict in prison. Twice the amount if a higher security risk, or on death row.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2001 11:36 AM
finti

I wish Norway got death penalty back, the crime rate would drop like well drop.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2001 11:48 AM
Gundark
Mayhem

OMG !!!! Edna & Ush are agreeing on something. She truly is magical !!!!!!!! eek!

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2001 06:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I also understand, Keo, that the lengthy appelas system and other time spent in court jacks up the cost of an executed prisoner an enormous amount.

Even if it was cheaper, so few ever face the death sentence that any savings made would be the tiniest, tiniest fraction.

As it is, I think (and I seem to remember that most States agree) that the Death penalty costs money.

Most of my info here is based on a BBC documentary from a few months back.

Thanks, Edna.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2001 11:25 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

Well even if they are murderers then I don't believe we have the right to decide when their life should end. If we do, then in effect we are just as bad as the murderers themselves. Nope anti-death penalty, me! Have to agree with Ush on this one.

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2001 04:07 AM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

Right, Ush; our appeals system goes for years and years, and drives the costs higher.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2001 10:57 AM