KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Fav Philosopher?

Fav Philosopher?
Started by: -hh-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

well im only 14 and a very bad speller

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 08:44 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm 15 and I'm in advanced literature classes...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 08:45 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diegocala
Replicant

you go boy!

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 09:15 PM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
must_kill_Santa
Evil Princess

nice im in a stupid all girls grammar skool

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 09:16 PM
must_kill_Santa is currently offline Click here to Send must_kill_Santa a Private Message Find more posts by must_kill_Santa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Thanks Diego! smile

Weird school. I think they shouldn't make schools like that...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 09:19 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

anyone go to private school?

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 09:19 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

here hocky this is from history of the world.........

Dole Office Clerk: Occupation?
Comicus: Stand up philosopher.
Dole Office Clerk: What?
Comicus: Stand up philosopher. I coalesce the vapors of human existence into a viable and meaningful comprehension.
Dole Office Clerk: Oh, a BULLSHIT artist!

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 09:25 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol smile

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:22 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eat My Ass

Socrates is my fav and i'm gonna take philosophy as my major in college, i wanna make it a career. The only belief i truelly hold dear is that "there is no truth"-thanks Socrates!

i also am a fan of Plato...not really aristotle though

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17495261

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:26 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

113 officially kicks ASS. i also a fan of Plato. Aristotle was his student but i never really liked Aristotle. Alexandre the Great was also a philosopher but concentraded too much on conquering lands and spreading hellenism. Hellenism means to spread culture. I think it comes from greek word Hellas.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:31 PM
Eat My Ass

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
113 officially kicks ASS. i also a fan of Plato. Aristotle was his student but i never really liked Aristotle. Alexandre the Great was also a philosopher but concentraded too much on conquering lands and spreading hellenism. Hellenism means to spread culture. I think it comes from greek word Hellas.

Hellenism was the culture of the ancient Greek which was depicted through various arts(mainly statues). Alexander actually started to become hated by the Greeks after he started to abandon Hellenism and adopt cultures and traditions from the Persian Empire after conquering that.
Yeah i don't like how Aristotle believed that we can trust our senses, Plato said that we couldn't trust our senses to understand the world around us(can't be sure of anything)-and he gets that type of thinking from Socrates(his teacher) who believed that their is no ultimate truth, but rather many truths.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:40 PM
113 is currently offline Click here to Send 113 a Private Message Find more posts by 113 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

113....ur smart man. y do you make soo many dumb threads lol smile gj i like talking to intellectual people. or did you get that all off a website?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:46 PM
Eat My Ass

quote:
113....ur smart man. y do you make soo many dumb threads lol smile gj i like talking to intellectual people. or did you get that all off a website?

haha, i'm usually "dumb" on this site cause it's fun to be after constantly debating and shit with people in normal life.

and no i didn't get it off a website, i started reading up on philosophy on my own a few years ago, and then got into some more of it in ancient history class last year.

Plus sometimes it's just not fun debating after a while because people don't accept your beliefs. I tried that here and in other places and just got bashed.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:53 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i usually win in debates but there are some good competitions here. Like RR. He knows his philosophy.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:55 PM
dilvie

Lau Tze

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:56 PM
dilvie is currently offline Click here to Send dilvie a Private Message Find more posts by dilvie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

I also think VOltair is an excellent philosopher. Even though most of his books have been banned, but i have read Candide. Excellent book in my opinion. Voltair was a man that would walk up to you, insult you and you would never know. smile

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:58 PM
Eat My Ass

quote:
i usually win in debates but there are some good competitions here. Like RR. He knows his philosophy.

yeah it seems like he knows a lot, but i dunno i haven't realy gotten into any debates with him.

I also usually "win" debates, my points are usually unchallengable.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2003 11:59 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

hmmmm i would like to see Plato vs Horace (Qintus Flaccus) lol smile

hey can someone help me find some good websites on the life of Plato. smile plz. i want to learn more about him

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:01 AM
Eat My Ass

quote:
hmmmm i would like to see Plato vs Horace (Qintus Flaccus) lol smile

hey can someone help me find some good websites on the life of Plato. smile plz. i want to learn more about him

dunno, a few years back when i was in a huge Atlantis frenzy i found a few websites which talked about PLato, but i don't think many of those websites would be very um..."official" ..just google search "plato" and you should come up with hundreds. Also try history websites.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:05 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

thank you. if anyone has any websites plz do help. need info on Plato

Old Post Oct 10th, 2003 12:09 AM