KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » General Fiction Discussion

General Fiction Discussion
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (139): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I've read all of the ones in the writers credits. I just need to find time to add more to my stories.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jan 18th, 2004 08:22 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If I can be of any help, I will be, TM. yes

I did put you on the list, right Spike?

Also, I've been making the switches in my story, deleting the old material and replacing it with the updated material. I'll also provide a bit of bio for the characters that make up the crew of the Alchera (yes, I've changed the name of the ship).

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 03:46 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I dunno.

I finally got the next part of my SW story done, despite my tiredness, which is why it's not my best piece. I thought I might let everyone know that in the game the crystals (I'm sure you all have ideas for what they really are used for and many will be correct.) are not found underneath fort tuskain, they are found on normal "target-practice" that can easily be found.

I was slightly disapointed when nobody posed any comments, but I don't care, I write because I like to write.

Last edited by SpikeSpiegel on Jan 19th, 2004 at 06:06 PM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 05:30 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Meh, it doesn't really bother me if no one comments on my stories -- I mostly post on fanfiction.net and some of my stories have gotten a lot of comments, and others have gotten hardly any. I just don't like when people leave stupid comments or flames.

Thanks for the offer, Rex, but I think I've gotten past my writer's block part smile

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2004 11:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Goody! What was the link to your story again?

Also, I'm working on mine. I used San's Oracle prediction, since I could think of no other that I deemed good.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 01:41 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Ha, I feel loved, Rex is stealing my stuff...just kidding laughing out loud

And here's the URL: My Matrix Story!!!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 02:06 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hehe! big grin

Two ships in my fic. The main one is the Alchera, which is Aborigini for 'dream time,' which fits the Matrix theme of it being a dream. The other ship that comes into play is the Melchizedek, 'King of Righteousness' from the book of Genesis in the Bible. Here's the crew listings, as I have done tediously for the rest of the ships from the films, RPGs, and comic books.

Alchera - Al
Odysseus - Captain
Adelard - First Mate
Bolt - Operator
Artemis
Rusty
Wake
Janet

Rusty, Wake, Janet, and Bolt are hacker names. Adelard is a name that you might name someone normally, but the meaning eludes me. Odysseus is a hero from Greek mythology, captain of a journey of some sort, haven't read Homer's Odyssey in awhile. Artemis was the Greek goddess of the hunt.

Melchizedek - Mel
Arohirohi - Captain
Bishop - First Mate
Jack - Operator
Voodoo
Glitch
Quicksilver
Carp

I'm quite happy with the names for the crew of the Melchizedek. Bishop, Jack, Voodoo, Glitch, and Quicksilver are hacker names. Carp is the Chinese symbol of youth, self-defense, strength, etc., which fits the young Asian-American boy, and Arohirohi is the Polynesian Maori goddess of mirages, which the Matrix is a mirage!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 02:58 AM
Sylvannas
Who's your mommy?

...wow...you commented on all my stories, and best of all they weren't flames, thank you ;_;

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 12:59 AM
Sylvannas is currently offline Click here to Send Sylvannas a Private Message Find more posts by Sylvannas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

writing is harder than i thought, especily since i dont know much about biblical stuff....and im not really trying to write somthing about god.
ERRRR! WRITERS BLOCK!!!

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 01:06 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Welcome, Sylvannas! I put the "The Knight vs. the Bard" story on the Writer's Credits!

Writer's block bites. messed

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 01:33 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Writer's block bites. messed

Ugh...no kidding...my friend and I came up with something back in sophomore year when we both had writer's block -- we're just waiting for that baseball bat to hit us with a good idea.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 03:23 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Heh... *takes out a baseball bat*

Did you see the crew listings of the ship, TM? Thought you might find those interesting.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 05:48 AM
Peach
mordrem

Heh, yup I did. I'm trying to remember who Odysseus was...I believe he was a Greek who fought at Troy and it took him ten years to get back to Greece...or something like that. I don't remember, I haven't read it for four years blink

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:00 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Odysseus? Ah fond memories. I've got a book my Dad got for me when I was born: The legends of Odysseus. I haven't read that in ages, might go read it tonight.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, that was it, TM...

Anyway, working on chapter 7 as we speak! Action sequence in which we focus mainly on Adelard and Wake from the Alchera and Glitch and Voodoo from the Melchizedek.

Here's a teaser...

Wake crept along, encountering no more SWAT for now, hearing in the distance the speaker phone of the police outside as well as the walkie-talkies that every SWAT had. Suddenly, the megaphone ranting became louder. He wandered into room 101, a spacious and empty, concrete room. A window let in the Matrix‘s representation of air, as well as a good view of the blockade outside. He peered out cautiously, seeing the armored vans and police cars. A single black Lexus was parked with the rest of them, three suited men standing their. Smith, Brown, and Jones... Wake reminded himself. Suddenly, two of the Agents disappeared, replaced with confused SWAT. They had switched hosts. Only Smith remained by the car.

He lingered a bit too long. A soldier walked through a squeaky door on the far side of the room. He gave a shout and fired his assault rifle, the bullets ricocheting off the floor and colliding with the wall as Wake dodged best he could. He fired a single bullet back, blowing the trigger and handle to pieces, rendering the armament useless. The SWAT gave a worried look as Wake took aim again...and his body began to blur. Wake looked over his shoulder briefly, noticing that Smith had now changed hosts. The new host was now standing directly in front of him.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:50 PM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

Wish I was as good of a writer as you.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 06:52 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Thanks Spike. I just have a lot of time on my hands, and I think creatively too much... yes

Now, if some could just explain why I have a C+ or B- in advanced literature rather than an A+....

Old Post Jan 24th, 2004 07:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Chapters 5 through 8 have been posted of my Matrix fic. 7 is the longest. Three posts to fit in all the bone-crushing, SWAT-shooting, jump-kicking, Agent-avoiding action! Chapter 8 is also a spectacular car chase. big grin

Chapter 9 will be posted tomorrow, and maybe 10 if you are lucky. Sentinels...mmmm...

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 07:59 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I'm writting a book (started yesterday) and I was wondering If I could get an opinion on it so far (other than my Mum who will say it's good when it's rubbish). Here's what I've got so far:

The sun rose in the distance, creating a shimmer of light rising up into the sky. Standing and staring at the horizon was Jack Carlson, a thief. He stood by the small fire he had slept by that night. In his hand he held his pistol, and a few feet away from him lay a dead rabbit. It too had been admiring the sunrise. Jack walked over to the rabbit and knelt, brushing some of his long black hair out of his eyes. In the distance was the outline of Alsto, the small city where he was heading.
Jack picked up the rabbit and headed back to his fire, which was beginning to die down. He began to cook the rabbit and packed up his things as he did so. He wanted to get an early start. He didn’t have much to pack up, just his coal coloured jacket, which he had used as a pillow. He quickly ate the rabbit before putting out the fire and heading off. He had stuffed his pistol into his jeans and his wallet into his dark green shirt. His scarlet bandana was tied around his neck. He was ready for anything, or so he thought.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 09:03 AM
Vim
ILFTKYS

perhaps we shouldn't know right away that he is a thief, let the reader discover that he is thief by his actions, but other than that it is good.

Witness the power of the human spirit in Clashing Forces - Reclamation! A novel by Wesley Belk (that's me!) Here's a sneak peek of the book! The power of the Human Spirit should never be underestimated!Clashing Forces Check the site out for more details!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2004 01:10 PM
Vim is currently offline Click here to Send Vim a Private Message Find more posts by Vim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote