KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon

The Matrix and Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon
Started by: ShiniGamiSan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

Rys> Have you considered going into diplomacy? wink

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:24 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rysdigital
the end has come

well, to misquote the great Super Smith:

"i'm a bastard, once you get to know me" big grin

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:26 AM
rysdigital is currently offline Click here to Send rysdigital a Private Message Find more posts by rysdigital Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by The Omega
But Crash, seriously. If someone said the Earth was flat, wouldn't that be ignorant?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The funny thing is, That is a miscumspetion that I was thought to when in Grade school.

===>"Why do we only see one side of the moon, Miss?"
==>"Because it doesn't spin"

BUT you can't call some one Ignorant based on ONE false statment. EXAMPLE, like you calling everyone on KMC who got the REVOLUTIONS story wrong ignorant because you went and saw it before everybody else.

BUT this is between USH and I.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:28 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I wasn't calling you ignorant- I said you were wrong, and that ignorance about that kind of thing bguged me. These are facts- and not to be apologised for in any way at all. Get used to it, Crash.

Only problem with that diplomacy, Rys, is that even if I did say sorry now it would not be believed...

Crash- I am telling you now, Drop it. Full stop.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Or else?????

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 12:58 AM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

Oh FFS Crash. You have had no valid point for the last 3 pages now drop it. If you've seen me post round here before you'll know I don't usually take sides but go back and read what you've written; it's abrasive at best.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:13 AM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

LISTEN, YOU are NOT apart of this, so YOU goodbye. The point in all this is that HE insulted me, and HE is a mod. NOW as a mod, he should have respect, and saying that I felt insulted he should of apologized, now YOU as not being apart of this should not get involved. AND all the rest of you who know me, should know that I am not like this usually.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:18 AM
audioheem

Well I'm choosing to get involved okay? He didn't call you ignorant, he said he can't stand that kind of ignorance in science (thereabouts), so take it how you will. It's like me commenting on someone's bad spelling/punctuation because that is a pet peeve of mine. Just drop it dude, you're not getting an apology.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:23 AM
audioheem is currently offline Click here to Send audioheem a Private Message Find more posts by audioheem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

Dude, would YOU liked it If i just droped in your house and told your fighting perants to lay it off? You obviously DO NOT see my point of view, and I will not drop it, we might not speack of it tommorrow, but MARK MY WORDS AND MARK THEM WELL, I will never forget this. AND No, it is not over.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:31 AM
audioheem

Well then look who's who for never forgetting this internet arguement. No, I won't mark your words... mark them yourself; this is the internet and if you can't get used to disagreeing then don't go online. There are millions of people out here, you think everyone's always gonna agree with or be nice to you? As much sense as... hmmm... (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:35 AM
jinXed by JaNx

you know if you actually listen to the Pink floyds "dark side of the moon album" you will understand that they are never trying to say that tere is a dark side and a light side, its just a symbolic message as he is being pulled back into darkness, and insanity ounce again. so he just gives in. I'm just trying to be a hundred percent accurate here, even though this has no relevance.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:47 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
audioheem

No that's cool... it's heading back to the topic... I've never heard the album or anything, is it good music?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2003 01:50 AM
ShiniGamiSan

4 pages. 4 friggin pages of bs on this post. I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe.

I looked through allot of these Matrix forums. I like the Matrix movies, because they do touch on many psychological and philosophical ideals, concepts that to the general public are arcane and obscure. Like the Merovigian references. Come on, the Merovigians were simply using earlier symbolisms as a political means to expand their power. Look into the various incarnations of this archetypal iconoclasts from the few thousand years preceding the Merovigians. This symbolism dates back to Assyrian relief's.

I also like allot of these Matrix sites that try to find a Christian spin on the plot lines. They obviously haven't looked into the original destruction of the Biblical text by Emperor Constatine in 325 AD or read through the Nag Hammadi, the earliest extant version of the Bible. The problem with many of these ideologues is that they see through the rose colored glasses of Faith and Belief.

You can find the origins of the Matrix philosophy in Plato's "the Cave", and countless works and treatises after this, dating back thousands of years

I had seen the long lists of posts about the Wizard of Oz and the Dark Side of the Moon. So, I put on Dark Side of the Moon, started the matrix, and made broad references to what I saw on the screen and what the album was saying. If you want to see patterns of influence and are blinded by Faith and Belief, you can draw coincidences from any reference.

If I look today for Jesus's face in a corn flake, I'm sure I will find it, especially if I have the Faith and Belief in Jesus as a savior and son of god. But sorry crew, I see Christianity as a later incarnation of Buddhism, especially if you read the earliest known versions of the Bible, and not the version 99% of Christians read and drag around that Constatine butchered and re-wrote to expand his power base in 325 AD.

I mean, would Constatine hype up the power of the Bible. He is the same person who originally said he had the idea to paint white crosses on his soldiers shields going into battle "In a dream", and then a dozen years later, when writing his autobiography, he then claimed that he had seen the words instructing him to put white crosses on his troops shields "Written in the sky in fire and lightening while on horseback preparing for battle." If his story changed from "Realized in a dream" to "God reaching down from heaven and showing me the path with burning letters written in the sky." how much do you think he changed the Bible in general. Remember in 325 AD, he rounded up the 2,000 existing hand written original versions of the Bible, and burned all but 175 of them, and all these that remained undestroyed had been drastic revisions of the original text. It's also why the recently discovered Nag Hammadi bible shows early Christianity in it's real light. Jesus was basically preaching what Buddha had said. Heaven was here on each. Do good deeds, and this good luck or karma would return to you.

As for the Matrix and it's plot and ending, it's a work of fiction, and we'll see what the writers write. Will it have a philosophical impact on humanity, maybe yes for the general masses, for those of us who have studied religion and philosophy, we'll just smile as we watch all the great cinematography and choreography of destruction.

Soooooooooo. Put on the Matrix and start Dark Side of the moon, and then you'll get the joke.

I only wish Joseph Campbell was still alive to see these movies, I'm sure he'd love them.

If you're looking for Worlds within Worlds within Worlds, you will find them. If you're looking for a fun action packed movie to watch, the Matrix films are them. If you need to have the universe explained to you, then look into String Theory physics, that's even more outlandish than the King James Bible if you can believe that.

Last edited by ShiniGamiSan on Oct 24th, 2003 at 04:22 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2003 04:04 AM
ShiniGamiSan is currently offline Click here to Send ShiniGamiSan a Private Message Find more posts by ShiniGamiSan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote