KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Star wars morality

Star wars morality
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

So you see: there ARE fallen Jedi

It is about them resembling a human being, so that if you kill a lot like on Naboo, you can more easily kill a human, if you are not with a strong mind

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 06:19 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, there ARE fallen Jedi, but your point is self-defeating, Yerssot, because they are so few as to be insignificant; the system, is as perfect as a system can be.

Meanwhile, if nothing new is being added to this argument then it will be closed.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 16th, 2001 10:09 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

NO!! Because there are fallen jedi proves that the whole system is wrong!!!

Why do you want to close this topic? It is still on topic!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 09:55 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

so far there is only 1 fallen jedi (discount eu etc) just because 1 jedi falls doesn't mean the system fails, if anything it shows that the system works because the fallen Jedi returns to the system, thus showing that the "Jedi" system works and that the "Sith" system does not work, it is surely the current and future of something that matters not the past.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 12:51 PM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

There is no Sith-system: it is just the Jedi-system with fallen jedi.
Why don't' we inclued eu? We already talked about roids on earth, and that has nothing to do with the sw-universe.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2001 01:41 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Because that was a matter of AI philosophy, not necessarily SW, while bringing EU Fallen jedi into a discussion of the Jedi is just plain wrong.

I am in favour oif closing this topic because no new arguments are being produced; it's just a load of 'yes it is/no it isn't/yes it is...' and it is very tedious indeed.

I'll give it a little bit for someone to make a new point.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 18th, 2001 12:16 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't get it? Why close??? We are on topic, the one just need to convice the other.

Why is bringing eu Fallen Jedi wrong? You had the droids on Earth, I will take the eu, that is faire.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2001 11:05 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

To your first point, one side is making abosolutely no impact on the other sand is simply making the same points again and again which is a waste of time and as good a reason as any for closing a topic.

To your second, the point about real-life droids was because we were making a real-life argument about what is and is not considered alive, so real-world examples were relevant.

However, when it comes to giving me examples of Jedi that have fallen (as part of a argument designed to say that the Jedi are flawed), then only things that are factually true in the Star Wars universe count, EU is not true in the canonical Star Wars Universe, so EU fallen Jedi are no good.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 18th, 2001 11:34 AM
yerssot

But you used real-life examples, there is in no movie a link to a toaster.

You use real-life examples but you say it is not good, and than you say that eu is not good, but this topic is more than just sw-movies it also includes eu

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 06:10 PM
Ratcat

This is an old debate, which funnily enough was raised by the Official Site just this week.

Anyway, as Ush has said, unless there are new points to be raised then this thread goes bye bye.

If you have any problem with that, and I am in total agreement with Ush on this, then I suggest you send a PM to Raz.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2001 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Is it not good enough that the official site also starts with this???

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 02:06 PM
Ratcat

OK, loosing the plot here a bit. What do you mean?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

The whole morality is raised by the official site that is a good reason to keep this running

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 02:09 PM
Ratcat

Oh, I see, well we seem to be going in circles. Bring in the OWS point of view to continue the debate on morality by all means.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2001 02:15 PM
yerssot

So now that you know the truth, I have to kill you.

I still stick to my point, come on Ush, you know I'm right evil face

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 05:32 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Still waiting for a fresh approach or fact about this topic to halt it's closure...

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 06:02 PM
Ratcat

Do it Ush, I see no future here.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, Yerssot seemed so keen... but I guess you are right. Closing this, bring up a new, more specific one if you have a new idea.

BtVS

Old Post Aug 21st, 2001 08:46 PM