KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!

Who Thinks Revolutions Was Useless !!!
Started by: nickysan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Omega, Omega, where art thou Omega? Please close this.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 03:44 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Revolutions=sleep

Reloaded=sleep

Threads about Reloaded and Revolutions sucks=sleep

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 06:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

The onlyu thing that sucks more the REv was Gigli, White Chicks, Soul Plane, Bush, terrorirsts, and a lot of other things. Revoutions isn't that bad once you get to understand it. Sure, it's not like the first one, but is yhat really important?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 01:38 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

rubbish thread sad

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:44 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

FFS some people are so dumb, Matrix 2 and 3 were shot after each other, at first they were both 1 Film, u cant hate the second one because it just carrys on after the 2nd. ITS 1 FILM!!!! FFS

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 05:52 PM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
icansee
Furious Angel 2

yes still think 3 was poor but now that we will be getting extra footage of the trilogy a lot may change.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 10:17 PM
icansee is currently offline Click here to Send icansee a Private Message Find more posts by icansee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

How?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 12:20 AM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Here's my advice: Watch Revolutions, watch it again, watch it for a 3rd, 4th, 5th, until every scene is etched in your mind. Then u should be able to understand it

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 01:47 AM
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

are people ma about the ending of the revolutions ending because they didnt get it? cause none of my friends got it and they hated it, now they make fun of me cause i liked it

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 04:06 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shade
Born From Smith...

people are sometimes lazy, if they HAVE to try something, then it MUST be bad

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 05:49 AM
Shade is currently offline Click here to Send Shade a Private Message Find more posts by Shade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

revolutions was the best ending possible, infact it was the only ending possible, it was the ending that the previous two built twords. The story is perfect, if you understand it. the writers actually cared about there story, and never strayed from there concept, metaphor's and beliefs, if revolutions would have ended any other way, the brothers would have contradicted themselves. and as of statements that revolutions ended for inspirations of another sequal isnt true. The brothers have no ambiton what so ever to do a sequal, even though they could, they dont want to. they do however want to continue the story in other mediums, but again ever since the first movie, the brothers wanted to be able to tell the matrix story in more ways other than just through a movie. ust because you diddnt like the movie,doesnt mean it doesnt make sense or keep up with consistancy

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jul 19th, 2004 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2004 12:58 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batchoy

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Elrond
Here's my advice: Watch Revolutions, watch it again, watch it for a 3rd, 4th, 5th, until every scene is etched in your mind. Then u should be able to understand it

It's been a while since I last posted here, but I wanted to say something before the "next chapter" of the Matrix saga continues on the upcoming online game.

I have watched Reloaded and Revolutions multiple times (Reloaded about 12, and Revolutions about 10 times) and I have to say I still HATE what happened at the conclusion of Revolutions. I still love The Matrix and still think it is one of the most original ideas for a movie/trilogy/series. I thought The Matrix would surpass Lord of the Rings and eventually Star Wars in mythos and fan fever, but like most fans of the first movie I was in complete shock at the end of Revolutions.

I know most of you reading this are going to be fans of the Matrix series, but I''m just adament about what happened to NEO, The Machines, Zion, and The Matrix as the avid fan. The only difference is that I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I still love The Matrix and it's idea's but I did not believe in the ending and where it is going, no matter how logical or reasonable.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 09:03 PM
Batchoy is currently offline Click here to Send Batchoy a Private Message Find more posts by Batchoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metamorphisis
Mr Wizard

I too have been away for a long time. I miss some of the people and the enjoyment of the online debates - however I've been working and moving from place to place a lot. Just so happened this is an old post that gets sent to me when updated and I decided to see what was going on. :P

Anyway. I'm a Matrix fanatic (for anyone not sure - that's where the term "fan" comes from!! LoL) and I couldn't agree more with the way it ended. It was not a happy story, it was a metaphore for the real world. It's based on Oriental (mainly Japanese) cultural traditions and philosophy. How many people here saw Jet Li in Quintin Tarentino's remake of "Hero"? One man's self sacrifice for the benifit of the whole. Fighting a loosing battle against a massive enemy and breaking the "machine" at the expense of the loss of your life. What did you expect to happen? Only in Western European and American traditional writing would anything else have happened.

I can understand why someone would dislike the ending, not because they don't understand what's going on, but because they don't understand the culture behind why what happened happened. We're always taught that we need to find away to help others and still save ourselves; that faery book endings can happen...but 9 times out of 10 they don't. Death in battle is one of the highest honors in the Orient; so much so that your enemy would give you a heros burial if you were to die.

Neo was the culmination of the anomaly. Everyone in Zion was the anomaly, not Neo. To get rid of Smith you had to eliminate natures tendency to balance, which means the death of Neo. I say nature because an AI's mathmatical ability would beto the limits of all that occurs naturally.

Well I'm exhausted. I've been moving all day and just got home. You guys take care and I'll see when I can show up...

Until next Time...

You didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it! You're only here to understand why you made it. I would've thought you'd have figured that out by now.

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you could not wake from that dream?

Who has the time? But then we can never have time if we never take time!

zorro Who was that masked man?!

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 08:40 AM
Metamorphisis is currently offline Click here to Send Metamorphisis a Private Message Find more posts by Metamorphisis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batchoy

quote:
Originally posted by Metamorphisis
I too have been away for a long time. I miss some of the people and the enjoyment of the online debates - however I've been working and moving from place to place a lot. Just so happened this is an old post that gets sent to me when updated and I decided to see what was going on. :P

Anyway. I'm a Matrix fanatic (for anyone not sure - that's where the term "fan" comes from!! LoL) and I couldn't agree more with the way it ended. It was not a happy story, it was a metaphore for the real world. It's based on Oriental (mainly Japanese) cultural traditions and philosophy. How many people here saw Jet Li in Quintin Tarentino's remake of "Hero"? One man's self sacrifice for the benifit of the whole. Fighting a loosing battle against a massive enemy and breaking the "machine" at the expense of the loss of your life. What did you expect to happen? Only in Western European and American traditional writing would anything else have happened.

I can understand why someone would dislike the ending, not because they don't understand what's going on, but because they don't understand the culture behind why what happened happened. We're always taught that we need to find away to help others and still save ourselves; that faery book endings can happen...but 9 times out of 10 they don't. Death in battle is one of the highest honors in the Orient; so much so that your enemy would give you a heros burial if you were to die.

Neo was the culmination of the anomaly. Everyone in Zion was the anomaly, not Neo. To get rid of Smith you had to eliminate natures tendency to balance, which means the death of Neo. I say nature because an AI's mathmatical ability would beto the limits of all that occurs naturally.

Well I'm exhausted. I've been moving all day and just got home. You guys take care and I'll see when I can show up...

Until next Time...

This is what I don't like when I go post here and say I didn't like the end of The Matrix trilogy. I either get go watch it some more (which I have) or I don't understand what was core of what the W-brothers were trying to say.

I don't care if it were a "fairy book" where Neo lives and everybody is happy, happy and dancing to the tune of Simon and Garfunkel. I do believe that NEO should have died because sometimes you have to sacrifice everything in what you believe. And don't give me this honorable death as being oriental. Almost every culture has that kind of tradition not just in the orient. Just to make things clear, I am Asian. So, don't try to think because I don't like the ending I don't understand it. I do understand it, I just didn't like it. There are people out there who are in the same mindset as me and are probably just as frustrated when they want to make their opinion, but are constantly being put down as "not understanding" the ending.

Yes, I DO KNOW that Neo is the culmination of all doubts about The Matrix(anomolies) and he is the opposite of agent Smith, and that neither can exist without the other. I've heard, read, seen all the explanations. I know what they mean and what consequences will or could happen.

Even after all what I have learned, I still don't like the ending. Just give me that.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2005 06:48 PM
Batchoy is currently offline Click here to Send Batchoy a Private Message Find more posts by Batchoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TOH
Dude, where is my car?

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Revolutions=sleep

Reloaded=sleep

Threads about Reloaded and Revolutions sucks=sleep

WindDancerTOH

stick out tongue

Made by the awesome BakaXero

Old Post Mar 5th, 2005 03:28 AM
TOH is currently offline Click here to Send TOH a Private Message Find more posts by TOH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

What could have been the next Star Wars missed that trophey with Revolutions. As I sat there I saw what was for me one of the most inspiring movies to date crumble to shit before my very eyes. I'm a big Star Wars fan and nothing could ever come close to them, but over the years The Matrix began to outshine that old jedi crap. I think the game should have never been connected, because it had alot of elements Revolution lacked. The background action of what Niobe and Ghost went through should have been incorporated into the film. But they got lost in their own ideas and forgot about the audience and they failed because of it. I hope Star Wars doesn't make the same mistake. What a bunch of hacks. thumb down mad

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 01:37 PM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Batchoy
This is what I don't like when I go post here and say I didn't like the end of The Matrix trilogy. I either get go watch it some more (which I have) or I don't understand what was core of what the W-brothers were trying to say.

I don't care if it were a "fairy book" where Neo lives and everybody is happy, happy and dancing to the tune of Simon and Garfunkel. I do believe that NEO should have died because sometimes you have to sacrifice everything in what you believe. And don't give me this honorable death as being oriental. Almost every culture has that kind of tradition not just in the orient. Just to make things clear, I am Asian. So, don't try to think because I don't like the ending I don't understand it. I do understand it, I just didn't like it. There are people out there who are in the same mindset as me and are probably just as frustrated when they want to make their opinion, but are constantly being put down as "not understanding" the ending.

Yes, I DO KNOW that Neo is the culmination of all doubts about The Matrix(anomolies) and he is the opposite of agent Smith, and that neither can exist without the other. I've heard, read, seen all the explanations. I know what they mean and what consequences will or could happen.

Even after all what I have learned, I still don't like the ending. Just give me that.

i completely agree... i still get the 'you didnt understand' bollocks when i say i didnt like the end of the third movie...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2005 01:52 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Plain and simple, the film was shite.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 09:04 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Shouldn't this thread title have question marks!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2005 09:29 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batchoy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
i completely agree... i still get the 'you didnt understand' bollocks when i say i didnt like the end of the third movie...

Thanks pr1983. I have grown tired of these so called "enlightened" fans who look down on the "unenlightened" fans. I get very angry because I still love The Matrix and my dislike for the sequels (especially Revolutions) have not squelched my opinion about the original.

On a different note; I have heard that the new Matrix video game (The Matrix: Path of Neo) will let you play Neo and there will be a completely different ending from that of the movies depending on the choices you make. So, I don't understand why people say "there couldn't be any other ending than what happened on Revolutions!"? The game will provide something completely different. Yes, the w-brothers are supervising the game(content and storylines have all been written and planned).

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 03:40 PM