KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » The Lord of the Rings trilodgey

The Lord of the Rings trilodgey
Started by: DBZFan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DBZFan
** Put title here**

The Lord of the Rings trilodgey

It is cool! I am only reading The Hobbit though!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 04:17 AM
DBZFan is currently offline Click here to Send DBZFan a Private Message Find more posts by DBZFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

those books are so awesome...you know you beat me to it, I was going to make a lord of the rings thread asap!! I am going to pick up the hobbit this week. I read it when i was way young and need to be refreshed

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:20 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I love the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings is pure literary genius. Although the dialogue and lengthy descriptions can get boring at times....but that's why I love the movies so much

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 06:08 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Lotr is a great book, long but never boring.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 07:13 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

For me, the best of all is Silmarillion.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 05:28 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm patience deficient big grin

Old Post Nov 18th, 2003 08:58 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

dont like LOTR. didn't like the books and the movies.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 12:53 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

you didnt like them hockey? I think both are awesome,though i agree with Lord Soth on some of the more lengthy descriptions.I could have done with out all the singing

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 04:59 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

no i didn't like LOTR. it reminded me too much of Warcraft (pc game). and there are several other reasons y i didn't like LOTR.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 05:21 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

warcraft is pretty popular..never played though.well as for I hope that the return of the king movie will be like the books but I am afraid they wont be

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:05 AM
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by h0ck3yh0rr0r
no i didn't like LOTR. it reminded me too much of Warcraft (pc game). and there are several other reasons y i didn't like LOTR.

Funny..I don't like warcraft and I like Tolkien.

It is normal coz warcraft was made about 80 years after Tolkien began to wrote. There is nothing new on this game. Just a game. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 05:20 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

so is it a d&d type game...I need one.wonder if there is a lotr game out for the p/c that would be neat

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 06:51 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
warcraft is pretty popular..never played though.well as for I hope that the return of the king movie will be like the books but I am afraid they wont be

Even if it's not, it'll be the best movie of 2003. I have no doubt about that. It will change the way movies are made

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 10:24 PM
Schizo_n_me
Zoombini !!

I don't really like LotR My father won't let me see the movies till I read the books so I've become bitter about them. I might have liked them...if I hadn't been forced to read them.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:17 PM
Schizo_n_me is currently offline Click here to Send Schizo_n_me a Private Message Find more posts by Schizo_n_me Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

books are ALWAYS better than the movies.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2003 11:33 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

ALWAYS

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:10 AM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yes ALWAYS! lol

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 12:54 AM
LindsIsSexyK
ALL GROWN UP NOW =)

I've never read these books completely. I own them all but I have never been able to read them because I found them to be quite boring and slow messed

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:00 AM
LindsIsSexyK is currently offline Click here to Send LindsIsSexyK a Private Message Find more posts by LindsIsSexyK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

lol

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 01:05 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

ALWAYS

Old Post Nov 20th, 2003 04:19 AM