KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » What is the Matrix?

What is the Matrix?
Started by: Jedi Shmedi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Omega
Z10N0101

BackFire> Oh, for Pete’s sake! Why is it, that all you do in this Forum is MOAN? Constantly? If you hate the Matrix so, can’t you stay down in the Horror-Forum instead of annoying people up here?

What is the Matrix? Uhh, there are quite many ways of interpreting that. One deals with reality simply being an illusion, like in Buddhist religions, and you need to become enlightened (like Neo) to see the truth.
Another is, that the “system” abuses all of us, just like we were “batteries”, pulling a blanket of consumerism over our heads to blind us from the truth that 99,9999 % of us are wage-slaves, unable to see that freedom isn’t the right to choose between two different brands of cola. Anyone who’s willing to defend such a system is “an agent.”
A third deals with choice and individuality. Can I really choose freely, when I am who I am? Could a really good psychologist not predict every choice I would make? We’re slaves to the part of ourselves that we do not understand/accept.
A fourth… Oh, dear.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 02:02 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I do it too keep things interesting, what fun would it be too have a constant one sided discussion about the film, how boring. Sometimes confrontation is needed to keep things juiced up, I'd love for people to go into the horror forum and bash some of th efavorites for a change, it would certainly make for some interesting conversation. Besides, it's not like I go into every thread on this forum and put the films down, right now I have a current conversation in two threads, this thread, which is about the matrix films themselves, and the other thread isn't even having to do with the matrix, it's about obnoxious people in theaters. So don't exagerate, it's not my fault that most people can't defend the films without getting upset and taking it personally.

I also do it because I love trivializing bad films that people take way to seriously, and the Matrix, especially the sequels, are ripe for this.

And too anyone who complains about this post, Omega asked WHY I do it, I simply answered.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 07:33 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real
I have more tech than you

no confrontation is required from a lame ass mask toting wannabe who thinks he knows anything about the matrix to even be considered here. btw: that mask sux w/e it is, and i dont care if Omega warns me for this, u jus piss me off a lot! n if u dont like the movies this forum is about, why even bother? ur buying into ur own hype by making a big deal out of ur "trivial" movies, that u prolly coulnt even comprehend on ur own. SHALLOW? the movie is so deep that it was way over ur head!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:28 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

That is the typical way out, saying/assuming he doesn't understand the movie, its an easy way out to actually bringing up good points that defend the movie.

Because the truth is the movie was way over your head as well, why else would you come here and discuss all these theories about the movie?!?!?

Your searching for a definate answer, which means you don't truly understand it either.

He has every right to be here as you do, him saying whats wrong with the movie is the same as some fanboy saying whats so great about it.

Your post was useless flaming because someone trashed your poor little movie, you need to calm down and actually discuss some points as to why you think BackFire was wrong, not get pissed off because he has an opinion just as you have yours.

........ no expression

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Last edited by Mordecai on Dec 20th, 2003 at 09:58 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 09:56 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

see my animatrix thread, n tell me if u even knew about that, before u tell me i didnt understand something. i dont care wut u think, i came to talk about interpreting the movie, not making stuff up about it, and not to bash the movie at all. the question was about the program "the matrix" not the movie
the program is more deep than anythign out there "does LOTR" have computers even? didnt think so...but that was pointless
anyway, if backfire doesnt like the movies, he doesnt need to come here, and neither do u if u feel the need to defend people who dont accept a FAN FORUM. this isnt a place to bash my favorite movie.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:04 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordecai
I am the way.

I was just pointing out that you assume too much, but i was indeed assuming at the sametime, i could've assumed wrong, thats fine.

Basically i did exactly what you did to BackFire to you except without all the 'you piss me off so much" attitude.....meh.

I got nothin against what you said, but you said it the wrong way.

and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it,
to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:07 AM
Mordecai is currently offline Click here to Send Mordecai a Private Message Find more posts by Mordecai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by realworlddreams
SHALLOW? the movie is so deep that it was way over ur head!

The movie is no deeper then any of the other thousands of movies with a similar philosical message, the only difference is that the matrix surfaces this message in an extraordinarily obvious manner so even the most dimwitted individual will "catch" it. The message is tired, their have always been religious meanings in films, just not very many have been as popular as the matrix films.

Oh, BTW, the mask you are reffering too is the mask of LeatherFace, the finest horror character ever to grace a screen.

Last edited by BackFire on Dec 20th, 2003 at 10:29 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lag

You're right Backfire why the hell do I or any of us watch these movies? Do you know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna quit watching any of the Matrix movies and then I'm gonna go to a Matrix forum and waist my time telling people who love the movies how crappy they are. Doesn't that sound like a good idea and like it's not a waist of my time. Yeah, I'll join you on your useless crusade to get people to stop being happy with the Matrix. Let's go!!!!!!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 10:42 AM
Lag is currently offline Click here to Send Lag a Private Message Find more posts by Lag Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

People, topic. This argument is pointless.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 12:47 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Verity

Shallow?? confused

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 08:04 PM
Verity is currently offline Click here to Send Verity a Private Message Find more posts by Verity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

according to many encyclopaedias
"matrix is a thing from which other things originate"

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 07:04 AM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Kinda misisng the point again there Osiris. Can I please impart upon people the importance of reading the first post of a topic and not just the subject line?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:20 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Alpha
anomaly

oooops! sorry ush
i agree with the jedi point of view

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 05:20 PM
The Alpha is currently offline Find more posts by The Alpha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Ush> I agree that an argument on whether or not the Matrix is the greatest thing ever invented is pointless. Either you like it – or you don’t. But this IS a Matrix Forum. A place for discussions. If anyone wants to discuss why they HATE the Matrix, that is fine, but a comment such as “the only difference is that the matrix surfaces this message in an extraordinarily obvious manner so even the most dimwitted individual will "catch" it.” Is a poorly disguised attack on the fans.
Having to deal with this on a daily basis wears down even the most patient forumite.

BF> And BASHING is not exactly the starting point for a discussion. That’s something related to flaming.

Mordecai is absolutely right. Saying “you just hate it because you don’t understand it” doesn’t hold any water at all. I’ve seen fans leave the entire franchise, because they didn’t like Trinity dying. They understand the movie. They just DID not LIKE it.

But: Does ANYONE have any further contributions on what the Matrix is?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 01:49 AM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Real

yeah, i do.
the matrix is the physical representation of a reality created. it is the that which we cannot realize because it is based off of the reality of the real world. however, like morpheus asked neo, if the matrix is so much like the real world, how can u tell the difference? the difference is that the fact is that the matrix is not a true reality, and therefore things can be changed within it based off of a being's "will" (i say will in " " because will is open to interpretation) i think that the matrix is a way of using the mind in ways formerly unknown.
the matrix is what takes ur thoughts and makes them reality.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2003 09:02 AM