KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » the reason of life...

the reason of life...
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

is that the reason of life? not talking??

why queeq (yes, queeq, not quiiq)

everyone is saying that the reason of life is to make the best out of it, I think that these people COULD (and I use could, because otherwhise I would offend them) think more about it... I mean, if it's that simple, why are a lot of people thinking about it?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Because nobody knows the answer.

Ask yourself: where do I come from? Where am I going? Why am I here?
If you have those answers, this thread is done. But I think that may take a while.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:41 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

where do I come from? that's known
why am I here is the same as your point in life...
and as far as I heared, there are only 2 "theories" said here...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Try Socrates, Aristotle, Kant, Schopenhauer and a bunch of other guys and you'll get many many more.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:46 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Aristotle, did he said anything about that? he did said something about the reality though...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:48 PM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes, he said things about that. Questions on reality and meaning of life are intertwined of course.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:50 PM
yerssot

actually I was refering to his "cave"
and yes, they are intertwined... but still the same problem...
so ... what's YOUR opinion about life queeq?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:51 PM
queeq
Chaos

Opinion about life? Basically that it kinda sucks.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:54 PM
yerssot

because...?
djee! do I have to drag everything out of you?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:56 PM
queeq
Chaos

Well, it's not really great is it. It's a struggle, also an exciting struggle, but still a struggle. Not really a place I'd go for a vacation, if I had the choice.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 07:57 PM
yerssot

so do you think life is suffering?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 08:02 PM
queeq
Chaos

Part of it, yes.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 08:03 PM
yerssot

hmmm 50/50 not good enough...

you know what...? I think I'm a boedhist...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 08:04 PM
queeq
Chaos

You think???? Not very convincing.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 08:06 PM
yerssot

I'm not thinking that there are extra lifes after this but still you have to overcome the bad things, the suffering...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 08:08 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Well look at this way yerssot...no matter how bad it sucks out there, you still have us in here !!!!!! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 09:11 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I wonder if that makes it any better. laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 09:51 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Pfft. If you think I haven;t put any thought into this, yerss, then you are WAY wrong. In fact, I would say it was pretentious of you to suggest that our thought in this area was 'insufficient', presumably as compared to your mighty learning in this area.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 6th, 2001 10:45 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Oops... you've done it now, yerss.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 08:12 AM
yerssot

thanx Gundy,

and Ush, I'm rather sure I've put somewhere that it was my opinion and that I had no reason to insult ANYONE in ANYWAY!
Really!

Old Post Dec 7th, 2001 01:08 PM