KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Which Books Had The Most Impact On You?

Which Books Had The Most Impact On You?
Started by: BOPRecruit 16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Writer86

Too right you are.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 12:44 AM
Writer86 is currently offline Click here to Send Writer86 a Private Message Find more posts by Writer86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

do you like reading stuff with a lot of philosophy and/or history? existing and not.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:00 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Writer86

Yes, I'm in to both philosophy and history. I don't know what you mean by "existing and not."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:06 AM
Writer86 is currently offline Click here to Send Writer86 a Private Message Find more posts by Writer86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

fantasy like lotr. realistic (existing), stories based on real events in history. like pearl habor and some wars.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:15 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Writer86

Oh, actual history and fictional history. Definitely real history and some fake history, such as Star Wars and Terminator. LotR is interesting but I haven't seen all the movies yet nor read the books. You can always check my personal information to find out more about me.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:25 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

how about lxg and the last samurai? there's a book based on the movie and also there's a book that was written by helen dewitt. (i think that's her name...)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:34 AM
Writer86

Sorry, don't know anything about The Last Samurai or lxg, whatever that is.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:47 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

lxg, i've only seen the movie. it has classic characters of literature from the 1800's or so. for example: rodney skinner, mina harker, dr. jekyll/mr. hyde, dorian grey, etc. they saved the world with their unique knowledge and powers. the last samurai, never read the book by that lady. but i want to get it!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 01:53 AM
Writer86

Is LXG the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen? That movie looked kind of dumb to me. How do you like it Bop?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:05 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

i liked the movie, but it could use some improvement. but not by australlians adding all these aussie actors. anyways, i think people would like the graphic novel better.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:07 AM
Sc0rchy
El Scorcho

the belljar

GREAT novel smile

i heard they have a movie out called sylvia. i wanna check it out...

El Scorcho... AY CARUMBA!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:23 AM
Sc0rchy is currently offline Click here to Send Sc0rchy a Private Message Find more posts by Sc0rchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Writer86

What about the Australians?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:23 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Sc0rchy
the belljar

GREAT novel smile

i heard they have a movie out called sylvia. i wanna check it out...

hey scorchy! what's that book about?

writer86: there's news or rumours that aussie's want to make next lxg movie. i'm not happy with what i heard about that....

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:32 AM
Writer86

Isn't Sean Connery in that film? Which character was he?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:34 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

he was allan quartermain, the leader of the league. although it was mina who was leader in the graphic novels, from what i read about lxg.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:47 AM
Writer86

So LXG was a novel before a movie?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 05:49 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

graphic novel, more say. by allan moore.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 06:23 AM
Sc0rchy
El Scorcho

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
hey scorchy! what's that book about?

writer86: there's news or rumours that aussie's want to make next lxg movie. i'm not happy with what i heard about that....

i think it's supposed to be an autobiographical account of her life... it follows the story of a young college girl who goes insane... quite depressing, really

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:10 AM
Sc0rchy is currently offline Click here to Send Sc0rchy a Private Message Find more posts by Sc0rchy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

that's sad. do you always read or like depressing stories or one's that deal with going to college?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:15 AM
Sc0rchy
El Scorcho

it was for a class... i don't enjoy reading depressing stories cuz they remind me too much of me, but this one stuck out. i liked it a lot.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2004 07:17 AM