KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » The Approaching Storm

The Approaching Storm
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Everywhere I went says the AOTC novelisation comes out April 22. And Rebel Stand comes out sometime in August.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2002 10:49 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I hope your right on the Aotc date, but I hope I'M right on the Rebel stand date wink

Thanks for looking.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2002 03:42 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

OK, has anyone read The Approaching Storm yet? If so, is it good? I just checked it out from the library. Is it worth reading?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2002 04:32 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

The approaching storm was a worthwhile read.... it was a bit difficult at times b/c I had to keep looking up words in the dictionary, but the story was good.
I don't want to say too much and ruin it for you, but I enjoyed it. I'd give it a 8 out of ten wink

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 01:21 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Ok cool. I didn't want to read too much until I got word about how god it was. I'll really start to read tonight.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 04:29 AM
Julie
The Student

I'm glad to hear it.....did you like Cloak of Deception?....The Approaching Storm is much better that COD.......though that wasn't bad wink

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 03:57 AM
LanceWindu

I thought that Cloak of Deception was good. But they didn't show enough of Obi-Wan. It was a good prologue to TPM though.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 05:50 AM
Julie
The Student

It was alright, but Approaching Storm was better. You should read it ASAP....note have a dictionary ready..... wink
It was quite humerous at some points smile

Old Post Mar 16th, 2002 10:48 PM
LanceWindu

I'm halfway through and I haven't needed a dictionary yet. It's easy to find out what the words mean. Just look at how they are used in a sentance.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2002 05:57 AM
Julie
The Student

I could have done that, but I wanted to be thorough. I wrote down all the words so that I could have them for future use wink

Old Post Mar 18th, 2002 11:43 PM
LanceWindu

I got slow on my reading this weekend. I went to a friends and didn't bring my book so I couldn't read it for three days or so. Then I started to fall asleep yesterday when I was reading. So tonight I have to make up for some lost time.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 10:55 PM
Julie
The Student

definately.....get off the comp and start reading! wink

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 11:01 PM
LanceWindu

I only like to read at the end of the day though. Like before I go to bed.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2002 11:05 PM
Julie
The Student

That's usually when I get to read, but it's really not the best time of the day to be reading b/c I'm tired by then.....on the other hand reading is very relaxing...

Star wars books are particularly dangerous to read late at night b/c I never want to put them down smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 01:06 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's a DREADFULLY cliched title. Monty Python was taking the piss out of all the things that used gathering or approaching storms as titles back in the sixties, and people are STILL at it!

Hardly a critical comment on the book, I know, but I felt like saying it... I think ADF could have come up with better!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 22nd, 2002 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 01:18 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

The book was good despite its "dreadfully cliched title" wink
it's ok Ush, you are allowed to voice such observations smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 01:48 AM
LanceWindu

Just 2 chapters left.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 10:20 PM
Julie
The Student

Well get on it big grin ...... do you like it so far?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 10:25 PM
LanceWindu

It's pretty good. They seem to attract too much fighting though.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2002 10:29 PM
Julie
The Student

There's political intrigue there too big grin

Old Post Mar 24th, 2002 09:25 PM