KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DVD or not DVD

DVD or not DVD
Started by: mechmoggy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Us boys get older and our toys just become more expensive. big grin

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 01:24 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

if you want to get a PS2 to play playstation games you can buy it, but for heavens sake not for the DVD-player! It's 4 times worse than the cheapest DVD-players!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 02:07 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hmmm, not sure about that.

My Brother has a PS2 and he bought a surround sound 5.1 Dolby Speaker system and scarted up all the connections and he get's great quality audio and visual.

Just as good as I get from my Sony DVD player.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 04:23 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

from what I have seen the picture-disturbance is quite bad, the colors are not very sharp and what is a fact is that user-friendliness is non-excisting.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 04:43 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Off the RF the picture was dodgy, but through SCART it seems just fine.

The addition of a good third party remote helps, they have all the normal functions covered so that helps with the user friendliness.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 05:26 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Well, thanks for the advice, you all.

I'm 22, and I still have and interest in video games. They still make really childish games, but they also make games that are aimed at us old farts.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:11 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Hey! Prowd Owner of a GBA and an extensive collection of games for the PC and N64.

And a real old fart at 33.... big grin

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:47 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

RatCat, how many games do you have for N64? I have a REAL hard time finding buyable games for it. I've got both Zelda's, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Rouge Squadren, Podracer and Waverace. What else is good?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 06:50 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

perfect dark is the best game on N64 except zelda. period.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 07:24 PM
jedi212guy
Sith Warrior

For a group of people, Mario Cart and Super Smash Brothers are quite fun as well.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 07:34 PM
jedi212guy is currently offline Click here to Send jedi212guy a Private Message Find more posts by jedi212guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Only have 8 or 9 N64 games. Most of mine (400+) games are for the PC.

Perfect Dark is my favorite game on the N64, Shadows of the Empire is pretty cool and Virtual Rally is OK, but awkward without a wheel.

Fav on the PC right now is Alien V Predator 2, VERY atmospheric and scary.

Looking forward to getting Return to Castle Walfenstien and Flight Sim 2002 Pro for Crimble.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 08:09 PM
yerssot

I heared that Return to Castle Wolfenstein (single player) was pretty boring after a while: running in one direction, and shooting those who are firing at you

the multiplayer was better

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 08:44 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I forgot about James Bond for N64. Those are pretty good games.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 09:11 PM
Ratcat

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
I heared that Return to Castle Wolfenstein (single player) was pretty boring after a while: running in one direction, and shooting those who are firing at you

the multiplayer was better
That's why I have this kick arse P4 system with a nice ADSL line all the jollies. big grin

Also, FlightSim 2002 has online, Interactive ATC and weather. Haven't used FS since version 98 so looking forward to that too.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2001 11:04 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

AVP2- enough of an improvement, do you think, RC? Not quite as tense now you can save all the time. And I know the disc was too good in the original but it is abit too rubbish now...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 12:30 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

For my N64 I have:
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Rogue Squadron
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Mario 64
Donkey Kong
Killer Instinct
Both Zeldas
Nagano Olympic Hockey

For my Gamecube:
Rogue Leader smokin'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 01:04 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

How's Rouge Leader?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 04:33 AM
finti

a litle reckless I presume big grin

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 05:56 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Graphics are amazing, sound is beyond belief! Levels are a little too easy, but you have to get points to access secret levels, and that's hard, so that's what I'm doing now. It's very interactive, you can tell the people what to do. I cant wait till Nintento starts releasing the really good games over the summer and into late next year! smokin'

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 05:58 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I'll buy GameCube when they release a Zelda for it.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Dec 21st, 2001 07:28 PM