KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Carnage Comics

Carnage Comics
Started by: SuperNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Spawnie

Woha, pretty nice story. Really nice and original I think these stories will continue big grin

Old Post Jan 12th, 2004 12:07 PM
Spawnie is currently offline Click here to Send Spawnie a Private Message Find more posts by Spawnie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
i dunno how many comics carnage is in, but i have the whole Maximum Carnage series and it's a comic book masterpiece. Right up their with Batman's sword of azriel and the death of superman. I'm not too down with modern comics now days, but if anyone knows of any series involving Venom and Carnage please post about it so i can't continue to expand my less than vast comic book selection.
Maximum carnage is all I have also...but it one of best series I ever owned(I dont even collect spiderman,but this was to amazing to ignore .lol!)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 07:30 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i think they should make an adult comic of carnage where it's all dark n spooky. And he kills a lot of innocent people. Then Venom should come in (even darker) and kick the crap outta him.

and nice pick in the memberz pic section kitty....you're really pretty.

Last edited by Linkalicious on Jan 22nd, 2004 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 05:21 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

they do there drawn very well but are difficult to find
there called Carnage:mindbomb, and Carnage:its a wonderfull life
they are very graphic and delve into cletus's psyhce were lots of brutal images, and even a dream battle against spidey

here is a review of mindbomb
Several pages provide, in truly graphic details, a visual representation of the inside of Carnage's mind. Just as Kurtz believes he might be on the verge of a breakthrough, Kasady rejoins with his symbiote. Instead of killing Kurtz, he keeps him alive, screws a tendril into his brain (this would make a great Excedrin commercial) and begins to "squirt bits of my mind into yours, show you what I think of the world." Through this, Carnage drags Kurtz down into the darkness with him.

My first reaction upon reading this book was disgust. The pictures are incredibly graphic, and the subject matter gruesome. Later on, I took another look and was forced to change my opinion. "Mind Bomb" is not a mindless gore-fest. In fact, it is really, really good. Artist Kyle Hotz draws Ravencroft in such a gothic fashion that you KNOW something wicked this way comes.

Hotz draws Carnage's world view in a very effective manner, such as the little Carnage mouths writhing out of Kasady's brain and Cletus as a kid holding twin butcher knives with a maniacal grin. The thing that really impressed me, however, was the writing. I've never heard of Warren Ellis before, but he is definitely good. He creates such a dark tone, not just with his take on Carnage, but with the way every character is presented, that redemption seems impossible. The reader instinctively knows that Kurtz will fail.

Carnage's philosophy is presented so effectively that it scared the heck out of me. In Carnage's previous appearances, he comes off as a cardboard figure, not really three-dimensional. In "Mind Bomb", you get a glimpse into his inner workings.

Attachment: carnagemindbomb.jpg
This has been downloaded 40 time(s).

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 10:20 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

here is the other

Attachment: carnageits a wonderfull life.jpg
This has been downloaded 47 time(s).

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2004 10:21 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote