KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Forums Awards

The Forums Awards
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

Sunday is the last day to vote people!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 04:03 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thomas H

1 Lord Of the rings.
2 Pearl Harbor

These movies are the only I can remember...and the cinema in our city was closed for re-decoration so they did not screen many movies this year! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 08:39 PM
Thomas H is currently offline Click here to Send Thomas H a Private Message Find more posts by Thomas H Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

This is the most half-assed awards I've ever seen. So, what are the results, yers?

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 6th, 2002 06:59 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I think Yerssot will rig it. smokin'

We'll have re-count after re-count like in America.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2002 04:27 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I'll be in charge of the re-count.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:31 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

It would help if we knew how it was going to be done before we voted.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:25 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

ok, here is the final thingie...
The Forum Awards voting are now finished, here are the results...

I'll start with the one that landed on the last place, and I'll go up to first place...

Like said before; the counting is as follows: first place is ten points, second place is nine points etc.
There was someone who posted only 5 movies, therefor only the top 5 was in concidering (I wrote earlier that 3 is the absolute minimum)

Here it comes; buckle up because it's going to be bumpy!

Last place is for 3 movies! The welknown redux of Apocalyps now, The Others, and perhaps a bit of a surprise: Planet of the Apes, they all got 6 points...

Who comes next? Well, what a chance! Also three movies! And they perhaps don't deserve it to hang so low... The biggest surprise is perhaps Harry Potter, he has to share his place with Jay and Silent Bob Strickes Back and Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain. (a must see these three), they had 7 points

Then we move on to the 8 pointers
There are only two movies with 8 points,...
The movie Traffic came with 8 points and so did Bridget Jones...

We are moving upwards with one point, who has nine?
Only one movie this time... it is...
From Hell! (haven't seen that one)

And again only one point difference and also only one movie with the ten, all thanx to ToMacco with the movie: Riding in cars ...
Not bad huh?

Now we go up with TWO points; my ow my! We are getting closer and closer!!!
With 12 points, may I present you: Ocean 11

We are moving onwards, here is the movie that collected 18 points! Hold your horses Texas, it's Vanilla Sky!!! (boo! smile )

Believe it or not... we are entering the top 3!

On spot 3, we have TWO movies who collected 24 points! that's a lot more then the ones that came as 4th. You don't know huh?
It's ...
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Mouling Rouge!

On place two, there are THREE movies!
They are all good and they are: Blow... ... Steven his work this year: AI (Artificial Intelligence), AND Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

Then now, we move to spot one, the big winner, the one that gets all the money!
It got 43 points!
Perhaps you can guess this one... it's ...
what a suspence...

please scroll down for the answer...

getting nervous???

it's...

SHREK!

That's right! The green fellow has one this years Forums Awards!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:39 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

It's still too confusing but I suppose you did a good job under the circumstances. smile

So what happens now? Do we party? Is there going to be a post stuck at the top of the board telling people the results?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 04:55 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

damn! I didn't get to post FellowshipOTR higher up on the list , cause I haven't seen it yet. sad

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 05:01 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Did you vote for it even though you hadn't seen it?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 05:09 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I haven't voted for anything, I hoped to see it before the voting ended.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 05:15 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

too late smile

I'm now going to talk to Raz, to see what he can do...

But for now: LET'S PARTY!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 07:16 PM
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

I didn`t understand one bloody thing of the whole award thing..

hmmz,,,i`ll take it next year

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 08:25 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, it was his first edition...

You write down what your favorite movies were this year (the ones you saw in a theater) and they get votes, the one with the biggest number wins (three movies at least, otherwhise it would get cramped)

well, start writing down your movies for this year, cause next year there is another one smile

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 08:51 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Just read through it, and its VERY confusing.

A better option would have stuck the top five movies in a poll for all people to vote for....but thats just my suggestion.

Anyway, I'll stick this topic, so others can read (or get confused by) this.

BTW, another excuse for a similar poll could be to guess who gets an oscar for what.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2002 08:53 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

So I can still vote?

I thought it was to late now

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 03:22 PM
Billy The Kid is currently offline Click here to Send Billy The Kid a Private Message Find more posts by Billy The Kid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

no.
votes are over (sorry, had to keep it open a bit longer I think)

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 04:08 PM
KJ
Sausages

Raz' idea was better. Next year give a few weeks to allow people to nominate there favourite films of the year.
Then take the ones with the most nominations and put them in a poll for us to vote.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 04:56 PM
yerssot

yes, I know, but at that time I was tired, so I took the easy way sad

Rest assure, next year it will be better; a lot better

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 05:14 PM
Billy The Kid
Wanted dead or alive

O.K...I guess it will be better at the next voting then...maybe a better explanation of how to vote....I can`t hardly wait to the next time...hehe laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 8th, 2002 07:26 PM