KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Perspective

Perspective
Started by: Darth Revan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Revan
-

Perspective

You know what I find really interesting is the fact that practically everything non-material has a 'perspective' factor--for example, liberals tend to think the war is wrong, while conservatives tend to think it is right. Who is really correct? Nobody, it's impossible for one of them to be correct because of the fact that there are two of them and neither is backing down.
What do other people think about this?

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:11 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

good topic Darth Revan. We had a debate in World History AP class and i was in the conservative group. We discussed on differences and the ideas of each. Well after the French Revolution, the conservatives wanted to establish the throne once again....(absolute monarchy)....making a long post short...i dont think the government will ever be perfect.

Well maybe communism was a good idea gone bad.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:16 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Yeah.. the problem with communism is that no matter what your intentions are, you're never going to be able to make everybody get along all the time. The fact is, everybody has different opinions, and it is very hard to make them change their minds.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:20 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

yup.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:22 AM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

and when you have so many differing opinions you're bound to clash no matter the intention. right, left, left right, which way do you go?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 06:51 AM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Plus, communism was built on the idea of absolute equality, and as such, people were, for example, payed the same amount of money if they were NASA-like rocket scientists or foundation diggers (actually there was a tendency to pay the diggers more :eeksmile.
As said, a good idea, but not well-enough thought..

As for the conservatives and the liberals, they have to oppose each other and their beliefs, even if they don't mean to, because they have to prove that what the other has done is wrong, in order to promote a good public image for themselves and a bad one for the others..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 04:53 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Yeah.. the problem with communism is that no matter what your intentions are, you're never going to be able to make everybody get along all the time. The fact is, everybody has different opinions, and it is very hard to make them change their minds.

umm, no...the problem with communism is that it's not even trying to make everyone get along. The essence is in supressing everyone's point of view and forcing them into submission. until...you lose control eventually smile

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Idd.. smile

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:34 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Human beings are always power hungry, they wanna lord over others, it's our nature, so communism would never work, because people would not submit to equality, it depends on the way you are raised, humble or snobbish.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:39 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

Yeah, communism looks great on paper. When it's fleshed out, it doesn't work so well.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 05:44 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I strongly disagree with the opening statement saying that neither is correct. I do not believe right or wrong is a relative matter.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 06:19 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah
quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
Human beings are always power hungry, they wanna lord over others, it's our nature, so communism would never work, because people would not submit to equality, it depends on the way you are raised, humble or snobbish.
why debate over communism...it's almost erradicated today

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:03 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

It's an interesting topic big grin
Different people, different views abotu it big grin

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:05 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

interesting?..no..it's..depressing

i've actually caught communism within my first 3 years of life stick out tongue....don't remember much

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:08 PM
silver_tears

same here stick out tongue neither do I but after it was abolished Ukraine went down hill, very poor now erm

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:12 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

No kidding ? Tell me, do you know that if I made a poll asking people on the forum where romania is, or if they ever heard about this country, 90%'d probably tell me it's a state in the us(imagine that), it's a cookie, it's company making shoes or oh..it's a country ??

Anywayz, this happened because all the people that came to power after the fall of communism were really power hungry types, and unfortunatley they're still there, stealing as much money as they can..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:44 PM
silver_tears

quote:
Originally posted by rusky
Tell me, do you know that if I made a poll asking people on the forum where romania is, or if they ever heard about this country, 90%'d probably tell me it's a state in the us(imagine that), it's a cookie, it's company making shoes or oh..it's a country ??

People like that should die yes
and I agree with you erm It's sad sad

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 07:52 PM
Dexx
wingless

should die?...well....your friend lindsay once told me, when asked, that romania is somehwere in the south of grece (within greece, as a state) under the everlasting argument of not having pciked the geography class wink

and another one (don't remember who) asked me if i was one of the 5 children that the russians force every romanian woman to have in order for them to spawn their world taking army (yes, she actually used the word spawn wink )

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 08:12 PM
silver_tears

laughing out loud should definately die yes

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 08:13 PM
yerssot

said the girl who couldn't place romania on the map either

Old Post Feb 9th, 2004 08:19 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote