KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?

Should Animes be put into the big screens
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 14 63.64%
No 8 36.36%
Total: 22 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Will Live Action Anime movies ever survive?
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SeptemberRain
Killer

oh, well then no it wouldnt

Pretty girls make graves

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 06:27 PM
SeptemberRain is currently offline Click here to Send SeptemberRain a Private Message Find more posts by SeptemberRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

I would be heartbroken if anime were to go big screen.Screen=popular and popular=trend...and trend=sucks.All the nasty preppies would suddenly be buying Fruits Basket and claiming they liked it first,then dump it later and act like its Sesame Street.I love my anime,it should stay underground where it belongs!

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 08:11 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Hm.......this is an interesting question, I don't really think it would make enough money to survive the big screen.....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 11:32 PM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i wonder if the end of the DBZ movie project is a real wake up call that animes just arent made for live action mainstream.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 11:52 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pred@tor
The Huntress

who knows

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 06:01 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Well the Pokemon movies survived the big-screen alright, so I guess it really depends what movie it is.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 08:41 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pred@tor
The Huntress

Pokemon on the bigscreen? That's news.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 06:43 AM
Pred@tor is currently offline Click here to Send Pred@tor a Private Message Find more posts by Pred@tor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yea cheap anime versions, but what i think i should have said for a title for the thread is " Will Live Action Anime Movies ever survive?"

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 11:31 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

infact i believe i'll change the title for this thread.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 11:31 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

who is the moderator for this forum?

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 11:36 PM
Pred@tor
The Huntress

go ahead

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:37 AM
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Drifter101
who is the moderator for this forum?

There isn't one, you'll have to ask Raz/one of the globals.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 08:22 AM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

quote:
Originally posted by BlackHatDefect
I would be heartbroken if anime were to go big screen.Screen=popular and popular=trend...and trend=sucks.All the nasty preppies would suddenly be buying Fruits Basket and claiming they liked it first,then dump it later and act like its Sesame Street.I love my anime,it should stay underground where it belongs!

I wouldn't mind if anime got more poplular. That way you wouldn't get slagged off loads for watching it. sad

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 10:38 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fini
Hurricane stalker

hmm i know it would be great if the world could be introduced to the great material held in SOME anime movies, but i'm afraid that by converting it to Live action, some of the best things about the movie will be lost.

Van Helsing that will be out right now, is VAGUELY related to the anime series, which in my opinion is one of the best protrayals of Dracula i have ever seen

then there is immortal Evangelion. I guess everyone has heard that its gonna be a motion picture about it. But they cant POSSIBLY put allllllllllllllllllll of that material in one or a few movies.
And besides i dont hold much hope for it, Hiliary Duff is the leading gal to get the role of Aska, and the boy from Harry potter will play Shinji

OH GOD THE HORROR of it all

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 06:39 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy_c
Very Tired

good god, they could at least get some goos actors.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 11:59 AM
crazy_c is currently offline Click here to Send crazy_c a Private Message Find more posts by crazy_c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

k im gonna ask a global, thanks SpikeSpiegel

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 07:30 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

well i asked and the title hasnt been changed, well i guess i gotta wait some more

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 08:37 PM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

there got the title changed

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 01:00 AM
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

True,Evangelion seems IMPOSSABLE to make..hmm...how.Actually,Hillary Duff/Danial Radcliff were the magazeens picks for Asuka/Shinji...not the real ones.Perhaps you should read the article again.

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 01:49 AM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

i just say dont make live action anime period

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 02:10 PM