KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Anakin's scar

Anakin's scar
Started by: Xam

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
J.M FcThumbs-Up
Dutch-Master

I agree on this JP, the scar is obviously not to deep...if you just look at the scar-pattern.
We must assume after Anakin takes the plunge and Sidious arrives, he doesn't put him in the suit rightaway...I'm talking about Bacta-Tank healing stuff(like Luke in ESB) and after that the cosmetics and yeah finally he goes bionic!

And ehhh, please Darth Dave...don't mention SuperShadow again...I know how most of the peeps here think about him.
NO Episodes 7 to 9..never....
Don't do that again!!!

Oh, can somebody confirm? Will there be liveaction-SW-series on tv after ep3...I've read this somewhere and seen it at some talkshow....???????????????????????????????????????????

Einstein was right about human stupidity!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 12:53 PM
Click here to Send J.M FcThumbs-Up a Private Message Find more posts by J.M FcThumbs-Up Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

In a mid of a war, maybe bacta is just for the seriously wounded and cosmetic medicine is useless. He has this scar because it is irrelevant. He didn't has a trace of that scar 20~23 years later because all his skin (gray and dry) is a big scar of what happens to him (be wrapped on that mask and suit forever)

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:00 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

anakin should have a scar in ep6,
but he doesnt.
its a f**k up.
get over it. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wallalupp
pppao riggadingding

I think most of his skin gets burned away in the lava, so no scar is not necesseraly a mistake,
but it could also be a mistake, you never know with GL

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 04:32 PM
Click here to Send wallalupp a Private Message Find more posts by wallalupp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

does anakin have a scar in the new DVD release of ROTJ?

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 05:49 PM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peluffo

a ghost with a scar??? blink wacko

/edit// my mistake, you mean unmasked vader, not the ghost of Hayden at the very end. No, it is not visible.

For the Empire, against the rebel alliance.
"Good" is a point of view...The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way.

Last edited by peluffo on Jan 17th, 2005 at 06:55 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 06:52 PM
Click here to Send peluffo a Private Message Find more posts by peluffo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

i always thought Grievous gave Anakin his scar, which was why he wanted the assignment to bring GG to justice. The Jedi Council saw that Anakin wanted revenge, so they gave Obi-Wan the assignment.

/\ btw i dunno how true this is /\stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 07:28 PM
Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

quote:
Originally posted by wallalupp
I think most of his skin gets burned away in the lava, so no scar is not necesseraly a mistake,
but it could also be a mistake, you never know with GL

Thats highly plausible. Good theory! yes

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:17 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

no it isnt

his skin is there in ep6
i know that there is a limit to science in star wars,
but this is way too far. a scar which is "burned away" (impossible, but for the sake of arguement) would be replaced by scars from those burns. sebastion shaw's skin has not a single blemish in that area.

there would be no point for palps to order that scar healed, as it is completely superficial especially when you consider the gigantic gouge in his cranium. it just doesnt make sense. but whatever. luke made out with his sister, yoda's cloths vanished along with him, and anakin has a disappearing scar...inconsistancies...what can you do?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:23 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brendy
Impressive

Luke making out with Leia is not really an inconsistancy. Its disturbingmessed ...but not inconsistant.
As for the scar does it really matter that much if we are not told where it came from? C3POs silver leg was never explained!

"Luke! Take A Puff On One Of These Giant Cigarettes"

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:48 PM
Click here to Send brendy a Private Message Find more posts by brendy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

well knowing how geeky we are about anakin, YES, it does matter where the scar came from. You see scars tell stories about a person. If Sidious mentions Dart Plageus (EU) to Anakin in ROTS, it is possible that Anakin mentions Ventress to Padme in ROTS.
Then the scar becomes part of Ep3.

the only way the scar could have vanished in ROTJ, is by Anakin getting part of his face being reconstructed using skin tissue from another are of his body.

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 10:33 PM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jedi90

maybe its just visable because its a fresh scar. depending on how deep the wound was a scar like that can disappear over time.

"I don't give them hell, I just tell them the truth and they think it's hell."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:02 AM
Click here to Send jedi90 a Private Message Find more posts by jedi90 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

He probably got it while fighting Grevious-spelling please.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
greed0
Blood Gang Member

i heard that that scar is a result of a battle during the dreamy type sequence he has like the one in rotj by luke

Old Post Jan 18th, 2005 07:14 PM
Click here to Send greed0 a Private Message Find more posts by greed0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

um.... ok how about this... Anakin doesn't have the scar in ROTJ simply because it healed in the Bacta tank after he goes swimming. (no Bacta does not regrow arms and legs :P lol)

I always thought those scars we see in Vader at the end of ROTJ were burns from the Emperor's lightning.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2005 01:42 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CountQuan
Restricted

Account Restricted

how do you guys get these pictures? i searched for them but i cant find them.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send CountQuan a Private Message Find more posts by CountQuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xam
Lord Xam

well...look in the Finished shots thread in the episode 3 sectionsmile you will find everything you need theresmile

"He was a pupil of mine,before he turned to evil..."

Old Post Jan 27th, 2005 05:24 AM
Click here to Send Xam a Private Message Find more posts by Xam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kitfisto

is in the clone war or the lightling

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:18 PM
Click here to Send kitfisto a Private Message Find more posts by kitfisto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

The scar won't be explained in the movie, it's just damage from the Clone Wars...because it's not explained in the movie, expanded universe takes on the story where Anakin got that scar from...So he got the scar like the comic showed from Asajj Ventress, she's EU, so she won't be mentioned in the movie, great chance George doesn't even know about her altho he knew about Aayla Secura who was also an EU character. Ventress is not a Sith, just a dark Jedi who got her lightsabers from Dooku, two which are curved like Dooku's, they can connect so that they form a double-bladed lightsaber.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Anything we come up with will be speculation.

IF Anakin says where he got the scar, or we see how we got it - then that's legit.

If the scar isn't mentioned at all, then we can speculate all day long because NOTHING will be true. He has a scar from the Clone Wars, that's all we KNOW.

Could have been Ventress, could have been a wayward laser blast, could have been an explosion, could have been anything. We just won't know UNLESS ROTS TELLS US.

EU is not canon unless GL himself makes a movie about it. Please, remember this.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 04:43 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote