KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » REX's Super Hero RPG -- Terrorism in Pleasantville - Game I

REX's Super Hero RPG -- Terrorism in Pleasantville - Game I
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

REX's Super Hero RPG -- Terrorism in Pleasantville - Game I

-=<A League Begun - Part I>=-

"Have you set the bomb yet?" asked a Middle Eastern man in civilian dress, an AK-47 slung across his back.

"Almost, comrade..." replied his Russian terrorist partner, who had a Chicom SKS 56 across his own back. He sat on the floor in the main lobby of the tallest skyscraper of Pleasantville. "And the others?"

"Let me check..." The Iraqi terrorist took a walkie-talkie from his waistband and contacted his cohorts a few dozen floors up. "Have you set the bomb?"

"Yes, we are coming down now," a voice crackled over the walkie-talkie. "This explosion is going to be massive..."

"Hopefully it will take quite a few American lives..." the Iraqi muttered, putting the walkie-talkie away.

"Alright, the bomb is set!" the Russian shouts, heading for the exit of the building, his Iraqi companion behind. Thirty or so mercenaries and terrorists pour down the stairs just behind them, all carrying guns from the Soviet Union and Middle East, including assault rifles, pistols, and Uzis.

Suddenly, ten SWAT team enters through the windows, shattering glass and unleashing a great volley from M-16s and killing three the men at the stairs. The Russian man and another terrorist from the other group both hold up the detonators to the bombs.

"Let us out alive or everyone inside this building is going to die!" the Russian shouts. "On the count of three. One...two...thr..."

Suddenly, a reddish-yellow blur speeds through the room, taking the detonators out of the hands of the terrorists so damned fast that they don't realize it themselves. It is the Incredible Human Blur (Matrix_Neo), and he tosses the detonators to the ground.

"Shows over, creeps," he says defiantly. The Russian turns and gives the order for the terrorists to shoot.

GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT!!!

The SWAT all fall dead, slumping to the ground after being pumped full of wholes.

GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT-GAT!!!

The terrorists keep shooting at the Blur, but he is too fast. The bullets all just zip past him as he strafes with inhuman speed.

At this point, the other twelve varied super heroes move into the building...

-=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=--=<>=-

Welcome, one and all, to my Super Hero RPG! Game I is entirely about duping terrorists and robbers and murders with your ultimately supurb powers, as I neatly gave the example of The Incredible Human Blur moving fast enough to dodge bullets with ease.

Here's the situation for this starting mission:

1) the terrorists have two bombs rigged in this massive building, so DO NOT let them blow everything up!

2) simple elimination mission, leave none alive!

3) and I make the rules, so do not assume that you kill people right off the bat...

4) 30 terrorists, 13 of you, should be simple...

Go!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 03:08 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Raises hand and pulls the radio and magazines off of two patroling terrorist outside of the building without thier knowledge in preperation for our opening assault. From a nearby building and awaiting orders.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:02 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Eagos checks his desert eagle to be sure it is loaded, tucks it neatly back into his jacket, cracks his neck back and forth, and walks into the building. "Showtime," he says, with a smirk.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:45 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

Sgt. Thunder locks and loads his M-203 with a modified 75 round banana-clip and -plunks- a tear gas grenade into the launcher, scanning the building exterior with all his helmet-goggle visual enhancement tools, infra-red, ultra-violet and heat-signature. (Can we assume that most folks who belong in the building are certain degrees cooler due to exposure to the A/C in the building, compared to hot-headed terrorists who just tore ass into the place, and are setting bombs and planning to escape the place before it goes up, so I can hope to pick out terrorists from hostages by hotter heat-signatures??)

Also, Thunder is waiting on more tactical information (PM to REX)gathering before proceeding further (probably hanging with Jason in the building across the street, if we're allowed to hang outside, and not forced to start inside the actual terrorist-held high-rise without first gathering more tactical info)

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 08:04 AM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Xander is on a neighboring rooftop, scanning windows, emergency fire exits, normal exits, entrances, assesing all information, possible hostages and most stealthy ways in and out.

sees Jason handle two patroling guards. "those two are as good as dead. two down, 28 to go" Xander mutters.

waits to see who will make the next move, and will work from there.

"I hate using this crystal, but looks as if im going to rely quite a bit on it today."

watches Eagos enter the building.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman on Jun 2nd, 2004 at 02:46 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 02:35 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I can go before everybody else and use my mind powers to locate a few of the terrorists...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 02:52 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crAZRick
I'm God here!

~According to the intro/example, all the terrorists came down the stairs to exit the building, so they're all in the lobby with Blur and one of the bombs right now... easy pickings...

that's one of my questions to Rex...~

'I'm back!'
'Come with me if you want to live!'
'You're terminated!'

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:47 PM
crAZRick is currently offline Click here to Send crAZRick a Private Message Find more posts by crAZRick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Zack, The Jester, levitated himself through the window after The Human Blur, settling on the smashed glass.

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 04:57 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Maddock looks up at the building sensing the terrorists inside...
"I will attempt to confuse them long enough for you to take them by surprise....go in now.."

Have fun||

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 05:35 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

SlickRick, here's your tactical information. The rest of you shall be updated after this...

Q: So, one bomb is in the lobby?

A: Indeed, that is the most obvious one, since it is sitting on the ground near the staircase.

Q: The second bomb is upstairs, not in some sub-basement level?

A: Once again, that is where the bomb is.

Q: Intro suggests that the terrorists are not suicidal martyrs... good to know...

A: Nope, they had the intent of getting the hell out of the building before activating those bombs, and you know their motives of killing lots of people...

Q: So all the terrorists, all 30 or so, are now in the lobby, easy pickings?
and (**) since they all just ran down a few dozen flights of stairs, they are probably pretty winded by this point... again, easy picking...

A: Yes, they'll be a bit winded, though, they took the elevator...

Q: Another example of unwillingness to die for their cause... a vital bit of info, tactically speaking, since we would now want to drive the terrorists further into the building and up and up and up, sealing their fates along with those American hostages, rather than standard military operation procedures of clearing a building from the top down, driving the enemy out into the open...

A: Correct.

Q: If this actually happened, the battle is 85% won since the terrorists are no longer in control of the detonators, so it's just a matter of picking off 30 fish in the lobby barrell...

A: Correct again. Simple first combat situation.

Q: So we actually START from somewhere in the building? All in the lobby facing all 30 terrorists or what? who decides where we are placed in the building at the start?? how much time to plot and plan our entrance strategy did we have before SWAT and Blur made their moves?

A: You are joining the dead SWAT, terrorists, and Blur in the lobby, and you don't really need a plan, though you will for future engagements...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:12 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

"hmm...several superhumans have already arrived. probably to take out the terrorists. Better get the hostages out" Xander thinks to himself.

with that, he creates a bridge to the building's rooftop. he walks across and stands on the ledge of the roof, making a spiral staircase with his crystal, down to an open window, into a dark empty room.

"Lights arent on, everything is in order, no sweaty stench...terrorists havent been in this room. ill have to work my way down."

and Xander makes his way carefully down the secondary stairs, being sure to avoid any main pathways where he might be caught

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:17 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Alright, updates...

Jason, since they aren't really paying attention until you are all on top of them, you pull their guns and everything dangerous from them, including bayonets, large knives, and grenades, with ease.

Eagos, you walk in, and the terrorists turn on you. Five open fire with three bursts each. Bursts are bursts of three. That's 45 live rounds comin at you. Xander is met with the same amount from another five.

Jason and Sgt. Thunder can be hanging across the street if you so desire.

The Jester's nifty levitation gets him through the window lickidy-split, and you are in the direct proximity of the Russian...

How do you plan to confuse them, Maddok? And they are all on the bottom floor...

As you can tell, this isn't a very organized attack for you guys. It is meant to show that you just arrived and it was a high-danger situation for "normal" folks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:18 PM
Marcellus
executioner

*Maverick refers to himself as 06, dont wanna confuse anybody*

06 was waiting inside another building Concentrating so if need be he could collapse the first floor, but he was postive the mission would go down perfectly

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:22 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Captain REX
Alright, updates...
Eagos, you walk in, and the terrorists turn on you. Five open fire with three bursts each. Bursts are bursts of three. That's 45 live rounds comin at you. Xander is met with the same amount from another five.

wait wait... you didnt read my entry? or are there enimies on the roof as well, where i was, firing at me? i wasnt starting from the bottom... unless you magically teleported me to the lobby...which would not be cool.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

EDIT

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:24 PM
REXXXX
Networking

My bad, Xander...

Xander, you easily make it to the top of the building. Plans?

06, collapsing the floor would detonate the bomb...

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:26 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

man this would be so much easier in live chat...anyway, back to the rpg...

Xander reaches the first room full of frightened hostages.

Edit...

Last edited by Mr. Sandman on Jun 2nd, 2004 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:29 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

grr...edit

Last edited by Mr. Sandman on Jun 2nd, 2004 at 09:42 PM

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:33 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Just to get things straight, Arachnoid, but I'm more in control of the plot, ya know? I could say that the exact opposite is happening with the hostages, or that there aren't any. There are, though, and they are scared of everything in general because they are sure that they are all going to die. Don't make assumptions, i.e. there's more than 14 hostages, and there are more in other rooms.

I run this like Ushgarak's games, but without the numbers and dice...

But, there are, indeed 20 hostages in the room you have entered. They all are wide-eyed, some panicking.

"Who are you?" one asks.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:35 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

no disrespect but, like i said...much easier in live chat. and as a writer i tend to...well...write. my apologies for not straightening things out first. should i use the other thread you started to do so? the one where we all picked an explained our characters
and now, back to the action.

"Xander. I'm here to help. others are downstairs dealing with that situation. I can get you out of here quickly and safely"

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2004 09:41 PM